Shy Boy

Mr. Matchermaker {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Let's figure out how to shorten an arc for a couple to two chapters w/o rushing tf out of it! (to which if it doesn't work we'll stick to 3 chap arcs)


It was actually a peaceful the next morning.

And then it wasn't.

And it came in the form of ponyo.

So anyways, rewinding back to the morning where Jung Jung was walking to school peacefully for once. By the time he passed the gate, Eunki was standing by the entrance to the main school building, smiling and waving at him and he took one step before something bumped into his back and he got a very upfront inspection...

Of the ground.

Resume to present time (after feeling a vague sense of deja vu involving a box of some sort), he vaguely hears screaming which goes along the lines with: "Sewoon are you okay?!" "Yah watch where you're going!" "I-I'm sorry! I-It's just that Sewoon is really, REALLY clumsy and-" "Well at least get him off of Jung Jung!" "Okay OKAY!"

Jung Jung finally sees some form of sunshine as he feels himself being pulled up onto his feet, someone [obviously Eunki] steadying him onto his feet while glaring(?) at the boys who essentially looked like blobs because wow is he really light headed from getting tackled onto the ground. Once everything wasn't a blur of some sort and he could definitely tell that Eunki is glaring at Sewoon, who is currently on the floor looking like a dead ponyo, and Gwanghyun, who is trying to wake up Sewoon.

"Aisht, learn how to control your Ponyo," Eunki huffs indignantly while dragging Jung Jung away.


"Eunki, I think you were a bit harsh back there," Jung Jung says by lunch time as Eunki fusses over a bruise on his forehead.

"I was not harsh! Now hold still so I can put an ice pack on your bruise," Eunki says, holding his shoulder to place an ice pack that smelled strongly of banana onto his forehead. The latter could only let out a small sigh as the bruise is actually very small and could easily be hidden by his bangs.

"Dude, whatever you're doing for that pebble-sized injury is very useless," Seunghyuk spoke up, looking very unimpressed.

"You're right."

And everyone lets out a sigh of relief.

"Jung Jung, you should go to the school nurse."

And everyone lets out a groan of frustration.

Before Eunki could say anything else Justin quickly volunteered to assist Jung Jung in his walk to the nurse's office. Once the matchmaker and the youngest began to walk out of the table's ear range, Justin mutters an annoyed, "Is Eunki-hyung always so obvious during lunch?"

"Obvious about what?" Jung Jung asks back, to which the younger lets out a very loud sigh and shakes his head.

He pauses at the entry into the main school building, out of the courtyard's view, before turning to Justin, "We don't actually have to go to the nurse's office, right?" The younger scoffs an "obviously" before both pause when suddenly hearing something they probably weren't suppose to hear.

"Sewoon, I really, really like you a lot!"

Well you know the saying curiosity kills the cat? Yeah, Jung Jung and Justin would be dead right now as both of them peer into the window of the door. They see a flustered Gwanghyun standing a couple feet away from the door with Sewoon, a guitar case on his back. The Chinese members watch with focus at the moment of silence that drifts between the two as Sewoon blinks innocently at Gwanghyun before smiling.

"I like you a lot too, Gwanghyun!" and he still smiles innocently as he says, "Is that all? We should head out to lunch now, Jaehwan might get cranky if we make him wait any longer." Sewoon proceeds to turn and walk away while humming a song, exiting without noticing Jung Jung and Justin moving out of the doorway.

The two share a look before Gwanghyun comes out not too long afterwards, nearly jumping back at the sight of Jung Jung, "Oh not again, please don't tell me your overprotective boyfriend is with you right now."

Jung Jung's eyebrows scrunches up at that, "Eunki's not my boyfriend." Justin lets out a sigh as he taps on Gwanghyun's shoulder to make him turn towards him, "Yeah, sorry, it's me."

Gwanghyun shoulders drop in relief, "Oh, it's just that rich kid."

Justin's stares at him in an unamused manner, "Oh, it's just that hamster that failed in confessing."

"Justin!" Jung Jung warns because although he knows that Justin feels uncomfortable being called that what he said was pretty uncalled for. Luckily (more like sadly really) Gwanghyun sighs, "Well he's not wrong but just to make correct him this isn't my first time confessing to him."

"What?"

"It's the 26th time. 31 if we're counting the times when we were both in Starship Academy."

"... Oh."

Jung Jung honestly nearly forgot that Gwanghyun and Sewoon are best friends. Well, no one would really expect it anyways as the former is a well-balanced student whereas the latter is known as the talented "ppabo" of the school as he seems to lack awareness about his surroundings--example A being this morning and example B being right now.

"Sounds like you need the help of Mnet's Mr. Matchmaker," Justin muses (or rather falsely muses because he's staring directly at Jung Jung).

"Except the problem with trying to get Jung Jung's help is that I don't need help confessing. It's just trying to get Sewoon to understand that I like him as more than a friend," Gwanghyun sighs.

"I can try talking to Sewoon if you want? Maybe he'll understand it better if an outsider told him," Jung Jung suggests.

"And if he still doesn't understand then you just fell for an idio-"

"Justin."

"Sorry."

"It's fine, everyone accepts the fact that Sewoon is pretty dense anyways. I appreciate you guys trying to help me."

"Gwanghyunieeee there you are!"

They turn to see Sewoon jogging up to them from them with Jaehwan following behind. Said boy relaxes with a small smile which would have been a pleasant sight if not Sewoon tripping over air and face-planting into the ground. Gwanghyun immediately rushes over to help the fallen ponyo whereas Jaehwan laughs very loudly (some where in the courtyard Minhyun shivers).