That's Nothing

Mr. Matchermaker {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

It's a choppy and slightly shorter than normal chapter, sorry guys, I couldn't find a good pacing for this chapter :/


Me: Are you out yet?

Eunki: Not yet. Ms. Yumi is just making one last check that I have all of the handouts Kenta needs when he comes back. Hope you don't mind that I bring a guest?

Me: Who?

Jung Jung waited a few minutes before putting his phone down, figuring that Eunki wouldn't be texting for a while. Honestly, he was bored without any company as Hyungseob had to visit Woojin first and Justin was trying to help a previously begging Seunghyuk tell Ms. Cheetah that the rumors about him "accidentally" super-glueing all of her items to her desk were false. He resumed in eating his lunch before noticing a familiar figure from afar.

Euiwoong waves, taking a step forward before pausing, hesitance obvious with his shy smile. Jung Jung smiled and waved a hand to signal that Euiwoong was fine in coming over and he was glad that he did so, seeing how the normally mature kid immediately brighten as he practically jogged over.

"Um- hi," Euiwoong shyly grinned, taking his seat across from Jung Jung.

"Hi. How's student council going?" Jung Jung asked as a way to naturally carry some sort of conversation.

"It's been okay... uh, by the way, is everyone else fine now? I mean, Justin and Seunghyuk did leave early since we were taking too long... Not to mention that the weekend passed so I never truly got to speak with the rest of you guys..." he mumbles, busying himself with bringing out his lunch.

"Well-"

"YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Speak of the devil when Justin shouts 'bloody murder' with a Seunghyuk who looks just as surprised as Jung Jung and Euiwoong since the youngest normally never screams. Contrary to what Jung Jung thought that he would see, Justin looked a bit upset but mainly surprised at his presence.

"J-Justin..." was all that Euiwoong could say, which was understandable as the two started on the best note but ended on the worst note possible. Some times Jung Jung wasn't quite sure if Justin still resented him even behind all the mocking expressions- maybe he held as much as a burden as Hyungseob because Euiwoong use to essentially be his best friend.

"You-! But-! Hyungseob-hyung-?!" Justin babbled before taking a slow and deep breath, obviously trying to calm down. When he met gazes with the student council resident, he still ends up pouting childishly, averting his gaze, "Seriously, what are you doing here..."

"I solved my issue with Hyungseob-hyung if that's what you wanted to ask..."

And he looks up, just slightly, "Really?"

"Yeah. I've been trying to start talking with my parents more about my schedule- so there's more bickering to look forward to when I get home- but hopefully the store problem will be solved soon... So I was kinda hoping to... you know... hang out with you guys again after everything's settled..." an awkward laugh.

A moment of silence drifts between them, carefully watching Justin contemplate before sighing, "Well I guess it's fine... if you make up all of the hours when you ditched me at the arcade." Euiwoong smiles at that, "Of course."

"That's nice of you guys- but uh, Euiwoong-ah?" they turn to see Eunki pointing to Haknyeon who awkwardly fidgets besides him. Euiwoong quickly gets up in realization, dragging Haknyeon some where away from the group.

"Seunghyuk, hand me your calculator to calculate the hours when Ung ditched me," was the first thing Justin said once the three sat down, to which Seunghyuk took immediate offense at the informality.

"Mind calling me properly?!"

A moment of silence drifts by.

"Hand me your calculator, ahjussi."

In the end Seunghyuk handed him his calulator in defeat.

"This is the first time in a while since I've seen Justin this happy," Jung Jung noted out loud, to which Eunki was quite confused at that because after all, Justin had always bullied Seunghyuk in some way or form so this was nothing special.

Jung Jung looks up to see Hyungseob in a brighter mood than he was usually in, which is a nice change of pace. Once the latter settles, he asks him, "Have you talked with Woojin-ssi yet? You didn't bring him here today."

"That's because he's down with the shingles and in the hospital," to which everyone choked on their own spit from the sudden news. While everyone was recovering, Hyungseob pouted, complaining, "Jeez I wasn't here in the morning until now because I was visiting him in the hospital. Why else did I say that I needed to talk to Woojin first?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe talk to him about the whole romantic stuff that you were stuck in previously?!" Eunki yelled as he got up to be pulled back into his seat by Jung Jung, who preferred that people weren't staring at them thinking 'oh it's that group full of wackjobs'.

Hyungseob innocently blinks at Eunki's outburst before it finally clicked in his head, shouting in realization, "That's what I forgot to talk about!" and everyone was kinda of amazed that Hyungseob- who was so paranoid about everything love-related- was in so good of a mood that he forgot about that one burden of his current social life that remains unsolved.

Eunki was basically mourning at this, murmuring something along the lines of 'he still probably thinks that your hung up on Euiwoong-ah still' and 'why is this group so inadequate with their actual love life'. Jung Jung wasn't quite clear on Eunki's moping but he figured nonetheless that Hyungseob would figure it out on his own (hopefully). [Somewhere in the background Seunghyuk whispered loudly "hypocrite"]

The sound of an extremely loud shout is heard in the background, making everyone jump slightly in their seat. Eventually Euiwoong comes back with Haknyeon running off somewhere and tackling a nearby boy down with a very happy hug. The younger lets out an awkward laugh as he takes a seat, "I didn't think that he would react like that when I said yes."

The rest lets out a small laugh and the atmosphere feels lighter.