Chapter Four

Ice Cold

I felt an arm dragging me away from Chanyeol's lips, and Chanyeol's angry eyes was the last I got to see before I saw that the person who dragged me was no other than Kim Jongin. "Hyung, what do you think you're doing?" his brows are deeply furrowed, his eyes filled with emotions I can't name, and his voice a little angry, I'm not even sure why. 

"I've to say that back to you, Jongin. What do you think you're doing? Who gave you the right to just drag me here? Who gave you the right to react like that? Who are you even, in my life?" I couldn't hold back my emotions, he kept on giving me mixed signals. One day he makes me feel special, then the other day he ignores me, and I don't think that is ever fair. I love him, yes I do, but there are times that he's overdoing things. He have a girlfriend so he should just focus on her, and let me be. But he kept touching my heart, making me fall even harder for him, when he in fact, have no plan of loving me. 

"Just be with Krystal, and let me be with my life. Chanyeol's a good guy, he won't hurt me." his mouth kept opening but no words came out, I fixed myself and started walking away from him. "Hyung, I love you.." his words came out as a whisper, but my heart heard it well enough that it started beating fast. I turned my back, just to see him fully, his cheeks are a perfect shade of crimson red, his eyes focused on the ground. I can't process anything properly, when a hand gently squeezed mine. 

"Kyungsoo and I are dating, you and Krystal are dating, so I don't think it is appropriate to be confessing your undying love for my boyfriend." his deep voice penetrated my ear, like a soft melody that I won't be getting tired of. Anger registered on Kim Jongin's face but I remained blank, maybe he isn't just meant to be with me. "Chan is right, you have Krystal already. You're not an octopus, you don't have 3 hearts, so you don't get to love more than one. Let us be, we're happy together." I said, his face looked so sad, and my heart feels like it's being teared apart. 

"You did the right thing, Kyung." I heard Chan whisper in my ears, as I bit my lower lip and slowly nodded my head in approval. This is just right, he have already someone in his arms, so it won't matter even if he tells me he loves me. I could taste sincerity in his voice, but why now? I just don't get it. 

- - - - -

"Am I a toy that someone could play, over and over again?" I blurted out of the blue while being with Baekhyun, he stopped dipping his fries onto his sundae and looked at me seriously. "Kyung, you are not a toy. And Yeol is proving that to you, isn't he?" he said, a litle smile escaping his lips as he continue eating. I let a sigh escape my lips, and let myself still wonder about why did Kim Jongin did what he did. 

I'm still left in the gray area, in confusion. How can he utter those words so sincerely, so out of the blue, and out of the line, was it fun to watch me get all excited about his statement? Was it fun to know that he completely got me under his spell? Kim Jongin, is truly a cruel man.