Chapter One

Ice Cold

The sun is up, and it already graced my eyes with it's blinding rays, which also reminded me that I am still not done with the paper I was supposed to do. I promised myself that this semester, I wouldn't cram, because I know how hellish it is, to cram. But here I am, at 7 am, in front of my laptop finishing a paper that is due in a few hours from now. "Baekhyun, can you get me some energy drinks? I'll pay you later." I asked my room mate, Byun Baekhyun, and he opened up his mini-fridge instead of going in the convenience store to buy, and handed me two energy drinks. 

"You don't need to pay for it, and I know how bad it is to cram. Text me if something bad happens, aight?" then off to I don't know he goes, which means more time for me to finish my paper. I missed two class, so that I can submit this. Last year, this time, I wasn't this bad when it comes to deadlines, I was usually the first to pass everything. But then everything changed, maybe I changed.. 

I shook my head and saved my document on my flashdrive and I ran like crazy to get to the class where this paper is needed, I bumped into Minseok-hyung and I just bowed my head apologetically, then continued running. I was about to round a corner when I saw his face, he was smiling from ear to ear. As he was looking at the person he loves the most, which is Jung Soojung. 

I lost all my energy, my motivation to move faster, when I saw them. And honestly, everytime I see the two of them, happy and content with each other, I feel my own heart is breaking. Nobody told me it was this hard to watch someone you love, love someone else. 

He will never love me, he will never have his eyes on me, he will never look at me the same way I look at him, because I am also a guy. And I'm his hyung, so instead of messing around, and feeling sorry for myself, I decided to be happy for them. Because that is what I should do, to wish for his happiness, with or without me in the picture.