-2-

2 Broke College Students and a Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun couldn’t believe he was going to follow the advice of the biggest choding in the universe, but he knew that was his only choice. He opened his laptop and went to craigslist. He had to do it and fast before he lost all the courage. He tried to find ways to make the ad sound normal but no matter what it still sounded creepy and very sketchy.

Looking for male student to marry for financial aid purposes.

Text (718)347-9296 for more details.

NmStar

Yeah it definitely sounded creepy. He had to admit his username didn’t help, but he refused to include his real identity because he was afraid of getting caught.

Oh well here goes nothing…

``````

Sunggyu searched through the website, scanning for any available apartments. He was running out of money and fast, he wouldn’t be able to afford the hotel any longer. No cheap places were available and he was starting to worry. Maybe I didn’t make the right decision; maybe I should just go back.

His stomach grumbled, reminding him that he hadn’t eaten all day. He looked through his drawer and found a packet of ramen. He sighed, Ah I have to save half for dinner. He’d tried to find a part time job but no one would hire him for his lack of experience. He had resorted to tutoring jobs on craigslist but those didn’t pay much. I guess I’ll have to keep looking.

He scrolled for what it seemed like hours when he finally saw it.

Looking for male student to marry for financial aid purposes.

Text (718)347-9296 for more details.

NmStar

His small eyes narrowed even more in suspicion. That ad seemed sketchy to say the least. And there was the name, it sounded like a wannabe star or something. What kind of sick psycho would lure students like this? Taking advantage of their needs.

Unless it’s real…

He slapped himself, no way this can’t be real. Who would be stupid enough to try to cheat the system on craigslist of all places? Either this person was a ed old man or a real , both outcomes were awful. Part of him wanted to try it. I mean the plan itself wasn’t too bad…he just had to marry someone and he’d get all the financial aid he needed.

If I want to accomplish my goals I guess I have to take risks…

He got his phone out and entered the number. He didn’t know what to text so he figured he should just go straight to the point.

Gyu428: I am a student and I saw your ad on craigslist; I would like to know more.

This person seemed to take forever to respond. In the meantime Sunggyu had already finished his composition and was almost done microwaving his noodles. Aish this person is definitely a scammer.

He sat down and started eating when his phone beeped.

Nmstar: Hi! Thank you for your interest! I just want to get married on paper, so I can get financial aid.

Gyu428: And how do I know you are not a ed old man?

Nmstar: How do I know that YOU are not one either? ノಠ_ಠノ

Gyu428: You are just gonna have to trust me

Nmstar: Fine fine… I’ll send you a picture

Nmstar:

 

Sunggyu chocked on his noodles, leading to a coughing fit. It was a guy...he was definitely not expecting that. He’d figured it’d be a girl since the ad said “looking for male students”. But before texting back he reversed googled the picture to see if he was being cat fished. A Facebook link popped up and he followed it to find the guy’s Facebook profile. Nam Woohyun, 18, Edison High. Sunggyu pursed his lips, this could work…they were close in age which meant they’ll both be in either the same grade or just separated by a year. They’d get married and then never see each other again until graduation in 4 or 5 years. This is perfect.

The beeping of the phone interrupted his thoughts.

Nmstar: Now you send me one

Gyu428: Fine

Gyu428: 

Nmstar: Oh I see you are not an old guy d(゚ー゚@) My name is Woohyun btw

Gyu428: Sunggyu. So what college are you trying to go to?

Nmstar: NYU Culinary u?

Gyu428: Col

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter