Chapter 2

No Rules

“Ye-yes... I’m okay.” I go out from the bathroom.

“Honey, I want to talk about something.” That’s my boyfriend. His name’s Choi Tae Joon.

“What is it? You look serious” I ask him worried of what it might be.

“Hmm... we’re already dating for two years now, so I think it’s time to properly introduce you to my family.”

God… so this is really happening. Chorong-unnie and I will live separately. It’s like what she said when we’re in high school.

“Don’t you want to meet my parents? They already asked me to bring you this Saturday.”

“OK, I will go.” I just hope it’s the right decision.

-------------------------------------

“Bom-ah… look!” Chorong-unnie shows her finger to me. “I cut my finger. That cutter is so sharp” She cried.

I grab her finger and put it to my mouth.

“Bo-Bom-ah?” She stuttered cutely

“Don’t worry, a small wound will be okay if it is touched by saliva. How come you don’t know this? You are a doctor.” I release her finger. “Wait a minute Unnie; I will cover it with bandage.” I said as I open the medical kit.

“Bom-ah… are you busy this Saturday? Let’s go out together. It’s been so long since the two of got out together.”

I’m still preparing the bandage for her, so I answer her without looking at her. “Sorry but I can’t Unnie… this Saturday I will meet my boyfriend’s parents.”

After I said that silence fills the room

“Oh... So-sorry... I have to go. My patient is waiting for me.” Chorong-unnie walks away.

“But your wound…” I said confuse of her action as she close the door.

-------------------------------------

“Why are you so late? My parents are already waiting for you.” He grabs my hand.

We we’re about to enter the car when my phone rings indicating I got a message.

“Sorry. I have a message.” I pick up my phone.

“Hey! How can you read it in this situation? You can read it later, Bomi!” He said irritated

I didn’t answer him as I open the message. Chorong-unnie?

————————————————-

 

Do you remember our first kiss?

 

————————————————-

What?! Why is she saying it in this time?! She knows exactly that I will meet my boyfriend’s parents today. I already told her about it.

"Bomi, Come on!" Said my boyfriend impatiently

After he said that as if on cue my phone once again rings indicating a new message

————————————————-

 

I’m at your apartment now.

 

————————————————-

This is really confusing me. I’m still silent while my boyfriend calls me. “Please kiss me now.” I look in to his eyes.

He looks confuse. “Now? We-we’re in the middle of crowd now.” He said blushing

That’s right we’re on the street.

I just look at him seriously

“O-Okay Bomi” He looks shy but then he kisses me.

I cried. “Sorry. I saw someone else when you kiss me.”

After I said that I run quickly and left him alone.

"Bomi! Bomi!" He calls my name, but I ignore him.

Unnie… Chorong-unnie… Chorong-unnie…

I run as fast as I can. Finally, I enter my apartment building. I use the elevator to get to my room it’s on the 12th floor. I go out from that elevator. I turn right and I saw Chorong-unnie sitting in front of my door.

I touch her shoulder, “Unnie?”

“Bom-ah…” She cried. “You came.” She stands up and hugs me.

“Of course I came. You sent me a message like that, it makes me worried about you” I her hair.

She releases my hug. “I know this is strange. Since a long time ago, I always remember you when I go out with my boyfriend!”

“I feel like that too.” I smile to her.

“My heart always beat faster when I’m with you!”

“I feel like that too.”

“I am a weird girl! I’m a freak! I think that I love you since the first time we met! I know you will hate me. I’m sorry for ruining your meeting with his parents.” She cried even louder.

I pull her arms and I hug her again. She cries on my shoulder, and then I whisper to her. “Didn’t you hear me? I feel the same.”

She raises her head. “Eh?”

“I love you too, Chorong-unnie. I realize it since you kiss me on the rooftop. Nine years ago. Sorry... I don’t have any courage to tell it to you.”

She kiss me, we’re kissing in front of my room. I unlock my door, and we get in before someone sees us. I close the door without breaking our kiss.

From now on... everything’s going to be different.

---------------------------------------------

“Excuse me Dr. Yoon.”

I saw someone open the door. “Ohh... Hayoung-sshi.”

“I come here to ask you about our last meeting.”

“Ohh... that?” I smile, “What you feel to your best friend is sign of love. You don’t need to doubt yourself. Trust your heart and do everything that you think is right.” I said to her still smiling

I see Hayoung smile. “Thanks doctor.” She walks away from my office.

“Hey, Hayoung-sshi! Be careful. You’re about to fall from the stairs!”

I hear someone shouts at Hayoung. She opens the door.

“What did you say to her? She looks unusually happy.”

“Nothing, Unnie”

“Bom-ah… tell me!” She pouts.

“I just said ‘Go for it' to her.”

Chorong-unnie looks confuse. I just smile. “I love you, Chorong-unnie.”

She lookes shocked because I suddenly said that. “I love you to, Bom-ah.”

Thanks Chorong-unnie. You make me realize that this kind of love happens too. It can last forever. When it comes to love, there are no rules…

 

End