Chapter 1

No Rules

I heard someone knocking on the door

“Come in, the door’s open” I said as the door open’s reveling a girl, she’s not one of my patient but somebody that I haven’t seen before.

“Dr. Yoon, I have to consult about something to you. Can I?” She asked me as she enter my office and walk to the front of my table.

I open her file that a nurse gave to me moment ago she entered my office. “Her name’s Oh Hayoung, and she’s so young, her age and her face didn’t match each other.” I thought to myself

“Yes. Please sit down and tell me what’s about it, Hayoung-sshi?”

“I have a friend in school, her name’s Kim Namjoo. She always loves to kiss girls cheeks. I’m quite not in to it. When she kisses me without my permission, I become so angry at her. As you know kisses is just not my thing.

At first, I always feel irritated when she does that to me. But actually... she’s a nice girl and she helps me many times. She’s funny too… she’s a great joker. She became my best friend.

Lately, I feel something different. When she kisses me, my heart beat faster. When I see she kisses other girls, I can feel my eyes burning. When I enter my class, she’s the first one that I’m looking for.

I’m not comfortable with this kind of feeling. Do I like her in that way? But we’re both girls.

What is it Dr.? What’s the meaning of this? ”

It’s shocking to hear this kind story from this young girl. “What is it? What the meaning of this?” I received that question a lot of times from my patient who ever feel that.

How can I answer that? Every time I gave my answer to a patient about this... then they’ll say that it’s just because their heart’s unstable. Most of them end up with marrying with a man. This kind of relationship is prohibited.

Well… Not all of them, there are few girls who’s not -

“Bom-ah! Oh? Hayoung-sshi, why are you here? Did your mom already go home?”

She look at doctor who just came in, “Not yet Dr. Park. She went to the hospital canteen to buy me some meals.” Then she looks at me again. “Dr. Yoon… I have to go now. I will consult with you again someday. Good afternoon.” Hayoung said as she walks away from my office.

“So... Bom-ah. You stole my cute patient."

“I didn’t! She came here without my permission. Oh, by the way Unnie, who’s that?”

“She’s Oh Hayoung. Her mom is my patient, she always come every month to check her blood pressure. So… what’s she doing here? It seems your quite popular here, Bomi."

I am a Psychologist in this hospital. She’s Park Chorong; we have same class in high school but she’s two years older than me. She was my best friend back then, but since we go to different college... we rarely talk and meet since then.

But now… she’s here. We somehow end up working in the same place

 

~Flashback~

We spent our 3 years together, study together, and play together. No one can separate us.

On the last day in our school, we went to the rooftop. That’s our secret place.

“Bom-ah… tomorrow is our graduation day. Time passed so fast, right?”

“Neh, Unnie” I didn’t look at her and just eat the Kimbap I bought at the cafeteria.

“After this, will we be separated?” She asked as she was looking at the sky above us.

I close my pack lunch, and then I look at her. She looks sad. I can’t say anything.

“Bomi… did you ever kiss a girl before?” I was surprised by her question.

“No! No-no... never, what are you thinking Unnie?” It’s so awkward, why does she have to ask such question.

“Let’s kiss, Bomi.” She said now looking at me.

“Huh?! Wait-wait… Why should we do that?!” I’m totally in panic now.

“After we graduate, we will walk in our separate way. We will find a man that we love and then get married. There’s a quotation saying ‘We will never forget our first kiss’. So, I want you to remember me forever.” She looks back at the sky above cherishing this moment of our lives.

“Chorong-unnie…” As I looked at her she seems so sad and lonely, I wonder what happened. “Let’s do it.” I said as I looked directly at her.

She looks at me in unbelievable eyes. “Okay, Bom-ah. I will count to Three, and then we close our eyes and kiss.”

What should I do?! Kissing a girl? I never imagine doing that!

“One….. Two… Three.”

 

Kiss.

 

It’s not a kiss like I always watched in some dramas; it’s just a peck in our lips. We just touch each other’s lips. So, this is how it’s feels? What is this? Why is my heart beating so fast?! No way...

“Unnie... I’ll be always beside you and never leave you. How can you be so silly to think about that? Don’t worry.” I said smiling at her.

“I hope so…” She smiles back at me. But I know it’s a lonely smile.

I can’t understand what I feel.

~End of Flashback~

 

“Who’s that? Is it your boyfriend?” I ask as I hear her phone ringing

“Yes… Lately, He always asks me to meet his parents.”

Right, she has a boyfriend now, his name’s Kim Junmyeon, but he prefers to call him Suho.

“So… you will get married soon?” I ask worried, and I don’t even know why.

“We’re in the right age to get married, Bom-ah.”

"Ohh… congratulations then, I wish you happiness." I give her a smile.

"Oh, sorry, I have to go." I said as I walked my way to the door leaving Chorong-unnie alone in my office.

-------------------------------------------

Arriving to my apartment I instantly take a shower. Every time I got stressed, I always take a bath, so I can feel relax. But now it’s different. I cannot feel relax at all! I feel my head spinning.

She will get married?! I punch the wall.

I... I never imagine that she will get married. I also feel like this before she tells me that she got a new boyfriend.

She got her first boyfriend when we’re in college. I feel so frustrated back then. So, I looked for a boyfriend too. I don’t want to feel lonely. But 3 months later, she said that she already broke up. I feel relieved.

After that, her relationships can’t last long. She always breaks up with them in 3-4 months. So, I don’t need to worry. She will throw away those stupid boys!

But it’s different now. It’s a marriage! I can’t easily make her break up her marriage. What should I do?

I cried in my bathroom. I cannot calm down. This is the first time feeling heart broken.

“Honey… are you okay?” I hear a voice said