Se7en

#FAKE

"What the hell is he talking about?" Jongsik is standing now, behind Taehyun.

"Jongsik, please, just..." Taehyun wants him to shut up. He suddenly wants to be alone. Then he realises it is Jongsik talking to him, the boy he has been fighting to get back. His existence seems to have escaped his mind temporarily. He decides its now or never. He turns around and faces Jongsik square in the eyes. "You never wanted to break up with me, did you?"

"How..."

"You want me back. You admitted that ten ing minutes ago."

"Yes, but how..."

"You in fought for me you . Now just tell me that you want me back and I will say 'yes' and this whole sham will end, right now."

"You will say yes, after you just..."

Taehyun replies "Yes, I will." He is ready to confess the whole fake relationship to him, he can't deceive him any longer. He definitely do not want lies to be the foundation of their new relationship. "This whole dating thing was just to get your attention," Taehyun finally confesses, shoulders hunched. It feels good to finally be truthful.

"You knew I would see you guys kissing? That's evil, Nam Taehyun!" Jongsik looks horrified.

"No, that part was not planned. Trust me."

"Uh huh."

"Its the truth!"

"I believe you. You're the most honest person I know."

"Wow! You must be pretty drunk to say that out loud," Taehyun finally smiles. Maybe it is all for the best. "Please no more lies? Be honest with me too?"

"Okay," Jongsik says, a little too easily. "So, you're taking me back."

"Yes," Taehyun smiles. Now lets get you home before somebody sees us."

 

They decide to walk for a bit so that Jongsik can sober up along the way. "Why did you drink today?" Taehyun is curious to know. "You're a straight A student and you have never been in trouble before. But suddenly you're crashing your dad's car and drinking in school? It's so unlike you."

"Isn't it obvious?" Jongsik asks, looking at him sideways with a crooked smile, his bottom lip being split open because of Mino's right hook. 

Taehyun is about to reply with a negative when his brain registers the answer. He looks at Jongsik with wide open eyes and points at himself in question. Was all that because of him?

"Its dumb, I know. I got reckless and I couldn't even concentrate on my studies. It didn't help that I kept seeing you with him," Jongsik lets out a snort, maybe he is thinking its funny now considering what Taehyun just confessed to. "I was going to ask you back today, I wanted to make some sort of grand gesture at the stage or something but then I saw him again and I lost confidence and I just... I had stolen my dad's flask the day before so..." he trails off, embarassed.

"You're right," Taehyun stops at the sidewalk, turning towards Jongsik making the boy look at him in askance. "It's really dumb," he gives him a smile devoid of scorn. "You are really dumb for a top student," he says and kisses him on the cheek, avoiding his bruised lips. Taehyun can regale Jongsik for allowing his friends to debase Taehyun's worth, being the direct cause of all their problems, however, he chooses not to. He figures Jongsik can think for himself.

.

.

.

When Taehyun wakes up the next morning he checks his phone to see 14 missed calls, all from Danah. He wince at that, guilt creeping into his conscious. He checks his messages and all of them are from Danah.

7:50 Did you see my performance? Was I good?

8:30 Where are you?

8:31 What happened?

8:55 Why aren't you picking up?

9:30 OK. I am leaving without you. I hope you're with my brother bcoz I can't find him either

9:52 WTF Taehyun you have a lot of explaining to do. My brother won't talk to me

10:09 ok maybe I sounded harsh in the last text but if you saw what I just saw you would be furius too if you were me. 

10:12 please pick up

10:09 its prob not your fault and I can't wait to hear your side of the story. see you in school. Goodnight

Taehyun wonders if he should skip school to avoid Danah for just a while longer. He knows he messed up things the night before, he is not exactly sure what he did wrong, he just knows he did something and he is afraid to face Danah. He gets up with a groan and contemplates his life. He is supposed to be walking on sunshine right now. He's finally together with the boy he desperately wanted back, he isn't supposed to feel like he made a horrible mistake.

He goes to wash his face to clear his head and cheer himself on. That's right. Nam Taehyun is not a coward. He will face his best friend. Maybe things aren't so bad. Maybe Danah will assure him that he has no reason to feel guilty.

His phone announces a new message as he picks up his bag. 

Jongsik: Good morning <3 See you in school

Taehyun smiles as he types a reply. Yes. Everything is going to be okay.

He spots Jongsik as soon as he enters the school gates. He calls out to him with a smile and a wave, ignoring the glance Jongsik sends across the lawn to his friends before he smiles back. Taehyun spots Danah from the corner of his eyes, waiting for him at her usual spot, studying him.

"You're back with him?" Taehyun hears one of the guys ask Jongsik. The tone does not sound friendly.

Jongsik runs a hand over his hair with a sheepish smile. "Yeah, it just sorta happened."

Taehyun wants to give the middle finger to Jongsik's friends but he has more important matters to deal with. "I'll see you in class, babe," he smiles at Jongsik and runs a possessive hand over his arm before running off towards Danah.

"Hey," he smiles as he reaches her side, shallow breaths leaving his lungs.

Danah doesn't smile back. "So I guess you got what you wanted," she says without emotion, her eyes not leaving Jongsik as he moves towards the school building. "What's he got that my brother doesn't," she mutters under her breath.

"What?" Taehyun can hear her but he isn't sure.

"We should go in. Bell's about to ring," Danah says instead and starts to walk.

"Danah, I am so sorry about the missed calls. I didn't know," Taehyun starts as they make their way inside. "My phone was on silent and I was sort of busy the whole night, you wouldn't believe the kind of night I had," he trails off with an embarassed laugh.

"Yeah, I bet you had one hell of a night," Danah mumbles and this time Taehyun can hear her clearly.

"Okay, what's with the sarcasm, Danah?" Taehyun loses it and pulls Danah by the arm, stopping her in her tracks. "I thought you'd be happy for me."

The bell rings at this time, the students are all hurrying toward their classrooms with noisy footsteps and patter.

"You broke my brother's heart," Danah shouts with tear-rimmed eyes. Thankfully, the noise drowns her outburst.

Taehyun has no idea what to think. He is certain he heard Danah correctly so he pulls her by the hand because they have to clarify things. He makes his way to the washrooms and pulls Danah inside. Classes can wait. "What the hell are you talking about?" he faces her finally.

Danah wipes her eyes with her hands and turns to leave. "Forget I said anything."

Taehyun blocks her path. "That's not going to be so easy. And you're crying. I don't wanna see you cry," Taehyun begs. "Why did you say that? Is it true?"

Danah nods.

"I had no idea, Danah. You know that, don't you?"

Danah nods again. "I know, its just... I know I shouldn't blame you but it was just so difficult seeing him like that, last night."

Taehyun is shocked again at what he's hearing. It is not possible. Mino hated him. Mino has always hated him. This seems so out of the blue, like waking up in a completely new environment in a place you have never seen before. He don't know how to respond. Was Mino really that affected? Did he really like him? "What happened?" he manages to speak.

"When we reached home I checked to see if he was at home, we heard him in the storeroom fighting with the punching bag. My parents thought nothing of it and went inside but I went to ask him about you and he was... his eyes were so red like he had been... and..."

Taehyun cannot believe his ears. Did he really do something so terrible? He never expected to cause harm when he started the fake-dating thing but it seems like he should never have gone through with the plan at all.

"I begged him to tell me what was wrong and he told me it was nothing but I told him I was not moving until he tells me and he just broke down in front of me."

"Danah, I never knew..." Taehyun wants to say something to make her feel better, to make himself feel better because he knows now that he is hurting two really amazing people and he hates what is happening right now.

"I know you didn't,Taehyun, but I should have known. He always had a birthday gift ready for you for the times I forgot and he'll tell me to tell you they were from me, not him. And all those questions about you... I always thought it was because he was keeping tabs on me as an older brother that he wanted to know you but now it seems so obvious. I am so stupid!"

"But he was always so mean and hurtful to me from the first time I met him, till the first fake date I had with him. I always thought he hated me for me so I don't know how to react right now," Taehyun tells her honestly.

"You're right," Danah says, wiping her tears with the sleeve of her uniform. "He was just so dumb acting all contrary, like why did he have to act so..."

"I'm sorry, Danah. I know you love your brother, and I was beginning to really like him too."

"Yeah," Danah smiles bitterly. "He's an but I love him. And its not your fault, I should be blamed coz I was the one who suggested you to fake-date him in the first place."

"You didn't know either," Taehyun says. "And he could have said no."

"Would it have made a difference?" Danah asks. "If you had known...?"

"Probably...probably not. Its hard to say," Taehyun gives a diplomatic answer without thinking. "Do you hate me now?" he asks, afraid to look at his best friend.

"No." Danah denies vehemently. "Although... things are probably going to be awkward for a while. You probably shouldn't..."

"I get it," Taehyun replies. "Well then, I guess we will just meet more often in my house from now on," he perks himself up.

"I'm sorry," Danah whispers as they make their way out of the toilets.

"What for?"

"I am sure this whole situation dampened your excitement over being with Jongsik again," Danah says.

"Don't worry about it."

.

.

.

"Hey, Taehyun. Heard you had to ask your friend's brother to be your fake boyfriend," Taehyun hears one of the guys calling out to him during lunch break. He turns to see it was one of Jongsik's friends. It is obvious because they are all looking at him and laughing.

Taehyun ignores them and struts over to where Jongsik sits, pulling out a chair infront of him so they can sit face to face to eat their lunch. He had asked Danah earlier to have lunch with him and Jongsik but Danah declined. Taehyun could understand her reasoning and didn't press her.

"Didn't know you were that desperate for attention," another one calls out again. Taehyun glances at Jongsik with a glare. Jongsik merely shrugs. So his boyfriend shares everything with his friends. He should have known. However, Taehyun is not embarassed. He did what he did and he can definitely own up to it. However, he will not stand still and be mocked by these dumb highschoolers.

"Yes, I have someone who likes me enough to fake-date me as a favour and I have boyfriend. What can you say for yourself?"

The guys are quiet at his calm retort not knowing what to say to someone who just won't rise to the bait, then someone mutters "Little " under their breath and they walk away.

"Can't you be a little nicer to my friends?" Jongsik mutters as Taehyun proceeds to open his lunchbox. He had packed egg rolls, Jongsik's favourite but then his boyfrien's words put a brake on his chopsticks.

"The hell! Didn't you hear what they were saying to me? I can be nice if they have been nice to me," Taehyun protests. Now he don't feel like giving Jongsik the eggrolls anymore. 

"They were just joking with you," Jongsik counters.

"You're seriously siding with them? I literally did nothing to them they are the ones who have a problem with me. And those are not considered jokes okay, they are insults," Taehyun stands up, livid..

"Chill. You can't blame me for wanting my boyfriend to get along with my friends," Jongsik smiles.

Being called 'boyfriend' calms Taehyun down a little because the word makes him happy. He sits back down and hands Jongsik his eggrolls. "Ill try," he promises.

Jongsik pops one eggroll in his mouth. "Aish, too salty," he complains. Taehyun's heart sinks. He tries the eggroll himself but thinks it tastes just fine.

"Just have it with rice it will be okay."

Jongsik follows his words and starts eating. Watching him eat reminds him of the time Mino had come to their house and finished everything that has been offered to him, praising the food he made even though he didn't know it was Taehyun's and thanking his mother several times.

"... Mino guy and..."

"What did you say?" the name Mino coming out of Jongsik's lips brings him back to the present, he thinks for a minute he is actually the one saying the name out loud as he is definitely thinking about the guy.

"My friends told me they were really threatened by that Mino guy, over you," Jongsik repeats himself.

Taehyun then remembers the night before when the drunk Jongsik said something similar, though he didn't have time to think about that because several other things were happening at the same time. Now he is curious to know what happened.

"But why?" Taehyun doesn't question the authenticity of it, although he knows they could be lying. He wants to know what they said first before defending Mino blindly.

"I don't know," Jongsik shrugs. "It was before I transferred here. They told me he and his friends ganged up on them after school and warned them to stay away from you. That's all I know. I am thinking maybe that's why they keep teasing you now."

If what Jongsik says is true, it makes sense because his friends never really taunted Taehyun till this school year, because Mino has already graduated. But it doesn't make sense to Taehyun. Why would Mino do such a thing?

"Did you ask them why he did that?"

"They told me it was because they were talking about you, I didn't bother to ask them specifics."

Taehyun wonders if it is really possible that Mino had liked him all those years and acting like a protector of sorts. The idea is funny to him. He certainly didn't need protecting, but it is certainly flattering to know that someone is looking out for you, especially when it seems like he's not asking for anything in return.

"What are you laughing at?" Jongsik asks. Taehyun looks a him blankly and realises he is grinning to himself. He quickly settles himself.

"Nothing. I'm just... happy I guess," he says and continues their lunch.

.

.

.

When the bell rings marking the end of the school day Jongsik promptly comes up to Taehyun. "Meet me in the gym."

Taehyun follows with a giddy head, knowing exactly what Jongsik wants. As soon as they enter Jongsik pulls him behind the bleachers and proceeds to hold Taehyun in his arms, kissing him. 

"I know this is our first day getting back together and I really wanna go on a date with you but I have my classes," he tells Taehyun as he lets go.

"That's alright. Studies are important," Taehyun smiles.

"I wanted to do this the whole day," Jongsik says and pulls Taehyun in for a kiss again. 

Jongsik is a good kisser, however, something feels different today. Taehyun feels no spark from the kiss. He opens his eyes to be met with Jongsik's face. His boyfriend's eyes are closed, seemingly immersed in the moment and Taehyun finds that quite funny. His own mouth is moving on its own accord, kissing back Jongsik to keep him occupied while his eyes dart around the place. There's a broken glass panel on one of the walls facing them, giving Taehyun a view of Jongsik's backside. He almost laughs out loud at what he sees. Jongsik is taller than Taehyun by a few inches, so he has to crouch down a bit to access Taehyun's lips, his head bend sideways with one of his arm around Taehyun's neck. Taehyun has seen other people kissing only on TV and it always looks nice and romantic but now he wonders if all kisses were unflattering like this.

He decides he is being ridiculous so he closes his eyes again to get himself in the mood, then, memories flash across his mind, of a kiss that melted his knees and sent shivers up his spine. The kind of kiss where he wouldn't even dream of opening his eyes midway.

Taehyun pushes Jongsik away, appalled by his brain and the things it chooses to think about while he is kissing his boyfriend. He feels like a cheat, guilt eating up up.

"I... I think you should go," he tries to put on a smile. "Your friends must be waiting."

Jongsik smiles sheepishly at that, blushing furiously. He has no idea Taehyun was having such adulterous thoughts in his head while kissing him. Taehyun can't bear to look at his trusting face. "Yeah... sorry I kinda got carried away. I missed you so much, especially..." Jongsik moves to touch Taehyun's lips but he flinches away. He quickly composes himself, he is certainly not himself today.

Jongsik is none the wiser. With a smile, he gives a peck to Taehyun's cheek and moves towards the doors, promising to text as soon as class gets over.

Jongsik stays true to his words and Taehyun receives a text from him as he is finishes his dinner with his family. Much to his dismay, he finds the conversation stilted and stifling. He thinks maybe it is just his imagination, that he is reading too much into something that isn't there. Then a thought comes to his head. They had just gotten back together. Of course that must be the reason. Things maybe a little awkward for a while, its a given. He is certainly reading too much into it.

With a smile he continues typing into his phone, reacting appropriately to Jongsik chatting about his class and what he has studied, pushing the memories of the exciting banter he and Mino used to have on the phone at the back of his mind.

.

.

.

Taehyun looks at his reflection in the mirror as he's dressing to go to school. While applying his moisturiser, he flips his bangs upwards so as not to get the cream onto his hair. Studying his eyebrows in the mirror, he remembers what Mino had said about his eyebrows. He wonders if he should change his hairstyle. His whole life he has been hiding his brows with thick bangs. It has also been a while since he had silver hair and the colour has faded back to blonde. He figures its time for a change. He parts his head in the middle, like Mino did for him the first time he went with him to meet his friends, and tries smiling. His eyebrows drooped down at the sides as usual, however, today for some reason, he is not hating it. "Unique," Mino's words ring in his head and he quite likes the idea of him being one of a kind. It goes with the whole concept of standing out in a crowd. Its not that he wants attention, he just hates the idea of being similar to everybody else. He wonders anew why he always hides his forehead when it is the one unique feature he is born with. He decides he will go to school that way.

His mom at the dining table looks at him with a smile. "Oh, something changed today, I can't put a finger on it but you look so clean."

"Maybe its the hair," Taehyun rolls his eyes.

"Oh. Ohhh," his mom laughs at the realisation. "You changed your hairstyle! That looks so much better by the way, that thick fringe covering your eyes was so distracting."

He meets Danah on the way who also expresses her approval of the new hairstyle. "Woah, you look like you walked straight out of a magazine," are her exact words.

Taehyun almost says "Thank your brother," out loud but manages to stop himself. They reach school and everyone is giving Taehyun a double take as if its the first time they are seeing him. Taehyun feels giddy with confidence. To other people it may only be a hairstyle but to him it means conquering one of his insecurities and that means a lot to him.

"You look different," comes the voice of his boyfriend when they enter class.

"Yeah," Taehyun smiles. "You like it?"

"You want me to tell the truth or to be nice?" Jongsik smiles, the kind of smile that Taehyun abhors. It is close to a condescending tone. Taehyun's heart dampens. He lifts his hand to redo the parting. Maybe the hairstyle was not such a good idea, he thinks to himself but stops himself. He is not going to let Jongsik bring him down.

"You're just scared I will attract better guys with this hair," he retorts and the bell rings. Without giving Jongsik time to reply, he moves to his seat in a huff.

.

.

.

Taehyun isn't happy. He finally admits it to himself. He has been so stubborn in his pursuit of Jongsik he has not allowed any distraction to penetrate his thick skull, or his heart. Now that someone has made him realise how it can be, he can finally stop defending Jongsik, he thinks. Except he is loathe to let go, because he always prides himself in giving his hundred percent to his passions or relationships. He never do things in halves. He decides he will give it one last chance.

He seeks out Jongsik again during luch break and pulls him away from the class. Finally, Taehyun stops when they are outside, at the back of the school near the football field. Jongsik has been following blindly. He turns around to face his boyfriend. "Why do you like me?"

Jongsik looks taken aback. "What's this all of a sudden?"

"Can you just humour me?" Taehyun smiles. That seems to reassure Jongsik and he mirrors the smile with a playful one of his own.

"Because you're pretty...?"

"And..."

Jongsik is flustered now. He scratches the back of his head to stall for time. "Ah, I feel like I am going to say the wrong things and you're going to hold it against me."

"I liked you first because of your abs too," Taehyun quips pleasantly. "You won't say the wrong thing," he assures.

Jongsik lets out a sigh of what seems to be relief. "Well, I like your face of course, and that you were pursuing me, no ego, no pride, just honesty. I liked that. And I like how you give zero s," Jongsik laughs at his own choice of words, his eyes asking if it is enough.

Taehyun smiles sadly. "Jongsik, I don't think this is working out."

"What? Why? Did I say something wrong?"

"No, you said all the right things," Taehyun says, speaking the truth.

"Then, why?"

"Because you're not him. Your sweet words don't mean anything to me at all," Taehyun says, admitting the truth finally, for both their sakes. Jongsik can be the sweetest person with no flaws but it will not make a difference because he is not Song Minho. He can try to fool himself by conjuring up all memories of Jongsik's past wrongdoings as the reason for them not working out but it will not stick. The truth is that he has fallen for Mino without realising, and no one can take his place anymore.

Jongsik's eyes are dark now, anger evident in his stance. "Did you get back with me just so you could be the one to break up with me? To protect your wounded ego?"

"I would never do that!" 

"Then why?"

"I fell for him along the way."

" you, Nam Taehyun," Jongsik spits out. He does not ask whom Taehyun is talking about, he seems to have figured it out.

Taehyun flinches at the words, surprised. Maybe he deserves that, he thinks. However, his feisty nature won't let it slide. "Well you too! You are always so quick to assume the worst about me. If you hadn't broken up with me this probably wouldn't have happened."

Jongsik scoffs at that, clearly not buying Taehyun's words. "Let's not drag this out, Taehyun. I know a lost cause when I see one. Bye," he says and starts to walk away.

Taehyun wants to say more, to have the last word but he holds himself back. Nothing he says will make things better. He goes back to class in the opposite direction.

.

.

.

"Danah..." Taehyun starts gingerly when they are packing their bags to leave the school for the day.

"I heard," Danah says. "The whole class is talking about it already. Bad rumours are going to follow you till graduation now," she supplies unhelpfully.

"They started that again already?" Taehyun can't say he is surprised, considering Jongsik's friends.

"Will you be okay?" Danah asks, worry in her eyes.

"Haven't I always been?" Taehyun smiles, reassuring his friend.

"So what now?" Danah asks. They are alone in the classroom now, thanks to Taehyun's stalling.

"I want to confess something to you," he says, suddenly afraid to look at his best friend in the eyes.

"You want my brother," Danah speaks for him.

Taehyun whips his head up to study Danah's face. There is a teasing glint in her eyes. "Wow! How...?"

"You are my best friend. I know you better than anyone else," she is still smiling. Taehyun wonders if he can take that as a sign that she is okay with it. However, he needs to make sure.

"Is that okay?"

"What if I say I am not okay with it? Will you still go to him?"

Taehyun is stunned. Is Danah really going to be against them? He can understand if she isn't but he was so hoping she will hive him her blessings.

"I'm kidding," Danah laughs out loud. "You should have seen the look on your face," she points at him and clutches her stomach. Obviously Taehyun's predicament is hilarious to his best friend. He certainly has great taste in friends. "Go... go to him!" she says waving him away, still laughing. Okay, he really does have awesome taste in friends.

"Really?" Taehyun can feel his smile trying to break the skin of his cheeks.

"Okay, I'm half kidding," Danah is not laughing now. "He's my brother, Taehyun. Hurt him and I kill you."

"Are you going to tell him the same thing?" Taehyun ventures.

"I don't need to. I know my brother is going to treat you right," Danah is resolute in her conviction.

"Wow! I am appreciating the vote of confidence," Taehyun rolls his eyes. However, he doesn't challenge her. "But Danah... I... is he still... will he still like me? After what I did?" he can't help but ask.Danah is about to open to answer but Taehyun covers his ears with his hands at that instant. "Wait! No! Don't tell me. Even if he doesn't I will fight to make him like me again. I can be very persuasive."

Danah pulls his hands away from his ears and tells him "If him moping around the house not eating properly is any indication, I am sure he still likes you. Go for it."

"I told you not to tell me!" Taehyun is appalled but he can't hide the smile forming on his lips.

"I thought you needed a little boost of confidence," Danah shrugs.

"You are the best friend a guy can ever have," he hugs her, lifting her from the floor as he did so and letting go of her just as quickly. He picks his bag from his desk and starts running towards the door, screeching to a halt when he realises what he's doing and waits for Danah.

"Don't mind me. Go profess your undying love," Danah cheers him on as she shoos him away

Taehyun needs no further prodding and starts running as if his life is dependant on being early. His nerves are a wreck. His heart is hammering against his ribcage. The possible outcomes of his his imminent confession knocks on his brain and he shoves them away. He can't afford to have negative thoughts now, and he can't afford to back out. He wants the guy, he knows that now, so badly his bones tremble at the thought of being in his arms. It took him a while to realise it. If things don't go as planned, he is willing to give it his all, to be worthy of his attention again. He will not give up.

 

Taehyun has reached the front of the Song's family house when he realises he had forgotten to ask Danah if Mino is at home or not. He walks towards the entrance and hesitates for a bit before barging in when he hears hurried footsteps approaching him. He turns around and is surprised to see its Mino, the one he is looking for.

Mino laughs out loud as soon as he sees him and stops running, his body is half bent in exhaustion trying to catch his breath with his hands on his knees. Taehyun watched him rendered mute because this is not how he plans things to go at all. He wants to catch Mino by surprise, confess and render the other boy speechless but he is the one being startled.

"I can't believe I ran to your house just to be told you were here all along. Talk about timing huh?" Mino smiles at him, finally getting his lungs in order.

Taehyun simply stands there watching. What is happening? Why did Mino go to his house? Was he actually...

Mino doesn't give Taehyun to complete his thoughts and starts talking. "Taehyun, I..." he starts to take a step towards him and then stops himself. His face turns towards the ground, not looking at him. His stance makes Taehyun want to hug him, tell him he can be confident, that he was here, at his house, to tell him that he was sorry and that he... "I like you, Taehyun. I've liked you for a long time. I think I may actually been in love with you," Mino says, finally looking at him again.

Taehyun's compulsive need for control self is screaming "No no no this is all wrong, I am supposed to confess first," but then he realises he also likes this new turn of events so he lets the older boy go on, internally screaming in joy because he had been so scared Mino might have given up on him.

"I wanted to tell you to stop running after that guy and ask you to be with me, but when you gave me your analogy of the kids in the playground I realised I was the same as him and I couldn't... and I wanted to treat you right first ... to let you know I was different, that I could offer you something better and I..." Mino stops and his eyes waver, darting from Taehyun's face to the ground and then back again. "Do you..." he starts again and then falters. Taehyun can feel Mino's eyes on him this time, unwavering, studying his face, trying to get a read on him. And Taehyun knows exactly what he is asking for and answers before he can complete his question.

"Yes," he says, without hesitation, his face breaks into a smile so wide his cheeks hurt. Yes yes yes he screams in his head.

"Can I..." Mino steps closer with a new found confidence probably from the way Taehyun is smiling so giddy. 

Taehyun answers his unfinished question without words. He closes the distance between them and wraps his arms around Mino's neck, practically jumping the guy. Mino still has not recovered his breath, and he doesn't get a chance to because Taehyun's lips are on his. Mino's lips are soft, like marshmallow pillows, if that is a thing, and none of that awkward teeth clashing like their first kiss. This time its a chaste kiss, their lips meeting only for 2 seconds before Mino pulls away grinning. It means everything to Taehyun, like the whole world is his for those two important seconds. He is flood with relief and euphoria. He has never felt so completely right with his life. 

"I..." Mino starts to talk, looking at Taehyun straight in the eyes as he continues to struggle with his breath. A hint of doubt crosses his eyes, probably because Taehyun is not saying anything. Taehyun hates that, he will never give any reason for Mino to doubt, never ever. He seals his silent promise with a press of lips, this time, his own against Mino's. Mino takes charge of the kiss and asks for entry. Taehyun gives it him, his mouth opens to invite him in while Mino's arms tighten across his waist. Taehyun wants to laugh, sheer joy bubbling inside him, He smiles through the kiss and he can tell the exact moment Mino mirrors his smile. They giggle through their kiss until Mino finally pulls away, leaving feathery kisses on his face with dancing eyes in the few breaks in between their laughs.

 

-----------------------------

 

 

THE END

 

 

A/N: Sorry I couldn't update last Saturday. With the sudden news regarding TOP I am feeling quite down so...

I was supposed to write an epilogue, probably in Mino's POV but I am kinda losing the will to write, so ya'll might have to wait a bit. I will mark the story as complete for now.

Since the story is pretty much finished, I wonder if I could request all subscribers, if you had liked the story even just a little bit, to give me an upvote? It would mean so much to me. Oh and this story will not contain . I am still too sad about Taehyun leaving I can't write lol

Thank you so much for reading, everyone. I hope to come back soon, with the epilogue and with a new story. Please pray for TOP hyung and YG family.