Valentine's

Mymin

"Happy Valentine's Day!" he grinned as he presented his mom with chocolate waffles for breakfast.

"Wow, when did you have time to do all this? Why are you up so early? Going to get in some studying before school?" she looked at the table really surprised, but clearly appreciating the gesture. Jimin shrugged his shoulders happily, not feeling like telling her the butterflies had kept him up all night because today was the first day of the rest of his life. The day he was going to officially admit to himself that he had feelings for a boy. He felt lightheaded and lighthearted, everything was lighter today somehow, as if there was less gravity pulling down at him. This was such a big day that it actually defied gravity.

"You're smiling." she noted, a hint of shock lining her voice.

"Huh?" he replied, distracted. There was so much going on in his head it was hard to concentrate.

"Come to think of it, you've been smiling a lot lately. Things going better at school? Did the teachers at the hakwon help you achieve a breakthrough?" her eyes were hopeful, asking him to please confirm her delusions.

"Something like that..." he mumbled and got out of there before she could ask any more questions. Yeah, he had had a breakthrough alright, by not going. He had been turning up late or not at all at the hakwon since the walks with Jungkook were taking longer and longer. They would loose time just talking and talking, about anything really, or they would discover something new on the way and go explore it. Jungkook had even taken it upon himself to cure his phobia of balls, sometimes stopping at an abandoned little basketball field on their way, kicking around Jungkook's soccer ball. So far it had been mostly Jungkook kicking and him clapping, but he liked it that way. Jungkook was such a talented, amazing guy, and the fact that he was ready to spend some of his precious time with him had awakened something inside him, a spark, the will to live. It was the first time he had ever gone behind his parent's back and done what he wanted, and he liked it. Jungkook gave him courage, courage to be himself.

 

With the handkerchief nicely tucked into a thin plastic folder in the innermost pocket of his backpack, he bounced to school. He had a change of heart at least once every three steps but there was nothing that was going to stop him. Except if someone showed up in his classroom before him. He was not risking getting caught, he would rather die. He let himself wonder for a split second what would happen if he got caught, what his parents would say when they got a call from the school, pretty much shattering the glass-image of him they had put on a pedestal in their heads. And Jungkook, what would Jungkook say? Would he be disgusted? He couldn't bear the thought of his cute Snufkin-nose being deformed with disgust. No, he had to get there before anyone else did. He looked at the clock on his phone, concerned. He couldn't afford to take the chance. He ran to the nearest street and hailed a cab. This would cut into his allowance for the week, but even if he had to starve, he had to do it.

 

He stepped out of the taxi. It was still dark out. There were only a few lights lit in the entire building, making it look like some terrifying place straight out of a horror movie. He took a deep breath, hoping there was some courage hidden within the molecules of the air he was inhaling. The front door creaked a bit when he opened it, he had never noticed that before. Usually the hallway was too busy and loud to hear one's own thoughts, let alone a small sound like that.

 

He reached for the light switch by the classroom door, but thought better of it and snuck in using his hands as navigators. With his heart ticking like a time bomb ready to explode, he slid the handkerchief into the shelf under Jungkook's desk. He let go of it as if it was on fire, like it was going to burn his hand. His first instinct was to take it right back out of there and throw it away. No, burn it and send its ashes to a faraway land where nobody could ever find it. But he resisted the urge. He was doing this whether he liked it or not, because he most definitely liked Jungkook and he wasn't sure why, but he wanted to express it, even though the best he could do was an anonymous confession.

He bit his lower lip resolutely and left the classroom, this time with less concentration so he banged his leg on a desk, hard. Not only did it create a whole lot of ruckus, making his stealthy efforts meaningless, but it hurt like hell and nearly gave him a heart attack. He limped down the hall and out to the schoolyard, finding a bench on which to take a nap. He couldn't stop thinking about what Jungkook's reaction would be. He set his alarm just in case, he wanted to be there to see Jungkook's face when he discovered it, he wasn't taking any chances.

 

The alarm pulled him out of a restless dream. Against all odds he had fallen a sleep, tired after a sleepless night. The shadow of the dream lingered in his head, but he couldn't remember any details, only the feeling that something awful had happened. But when he realized where he was, excitement pushed the dreadful feeling away. He jumped up and followed the stream of students into the building.

 

 

_______________________________

A/N:Internet-probleeeems, but yay, managed to post finally :)