세븐틴: Angel’s Magic Spell.

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Angel’s Magic Spell.

 

          It was time for Jeonghan to be discharged at the hospital, and Cheol was the one who fetched him. Everything was prepared by Jeonghan’s parents and were waiting for the reliable Seungcheol to come and get him.

 

S.Coups:

(Entered the room after knocking.)

Good afternoon! I’m sorry I’m a bit late.

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

Its fine, son. I know you are busy.

 

Jeonghan’s mom:

Take care of yourselves.

(Showed a worried face.)

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

We better go together.

 

          Jeonghan looked better now compared last time; though, he obviously got thinner from his hospitalization. Jeonghan assured his parents that he’s in good hands with their mighty leader so they don’t have to worry about them. Coups carried his things while Jeonghan just carried his phone and wallet. They rode their van and went home. Angel’s parents watched them go first before leaving.

 

-Inside the van-

 

Jeonghan:

Cheol, I want to go somewhere.

 

S.Coups:

Where?

 

Jeonghan:

I want to buy cake for everyone.

 

S.Coups:

Okay then, let’s visit a café or a bakeshop.

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks.

What do you want?

 

S.Coups:

Just buy a whole cake for everyone.

 

Jeonghan:

Or should I make one by myself?

What do you think?

 

S.Coups:

No!

(Firmly answered followed by a laugh.)

Can you make one?

(He did not think that he could bake one.)

 

Jeonghan:

It’ll be my first time, if ever. Haha!

(He showed his endearing laugh.)

 

          He wanted to try making one, but he realized that it would be a mess if he tried to.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. Alright then…

 

S.Coups:

Better buy than try to make one. Less effort and less stress.

(He suggested.)

 

The firm leader smiled while gazing at Jeonghan. He loved it when he was totally immersed trying to make everyone happy at all times. He always think of others before him; moreover, he never forgets to show his angelic smile in spite the hardships they were having in their everyday lives.

 

S.Coups:

(He was talking to himself at the back of his mind.)

You confused me more when you’re like that.

(He planned to keep staring at him as long as he could.)

I miss you.

(He accidentally spoke the words he should be keeping by himself.)

 

Jeonghan:

You miss me?

Really?

(He heard those soft words clearly.)

 

S.Coups:

(The composed Coups was surprised that he heard what he said and sighed.)

Yeah! Why?

(He continued acting cool and confessed it without defending himself.)

 

          Jeonghan gave the blushing Cheol a beautiful laugh that brightly shined that night which made Seungcheol smile back at him.

 

          They passed by a familiar café. It was the café they’ve been on their 1st date! Jeonghan automatically pointed at that small café to buy a cake. That was when Seungcheol asked himself if Jeonghan fell in love with the cake or the time they spent together. The memories went flashing back to Coups all of a sudden and remembered every detail of it. While scenes were playing back in his mind he wore a feeble smile and wished that they could spend more time together.

 

-In front of the counter-

 

The weak angel ordered the same thing he ordered last time including their drinks.

 

S.Coups:

That set (Blueberry Cheesecake & Café Latte) sure become your favourite, huh?

(smirked)

 

          Seungcheol noticed that the excited Jeonghan bought 2 whole cakes plus 13 beverages for all of them to share and it costs him a lot.

 

Buying food for thirteen boys wasn’t that easy, so Seungcheol just reminded him something.

 

S.Coups:

Aren’t you spending a lot?

 

Jeonghan:

Nope. Not at all.

I owe you a lot. All of these are not even enough.

(He smiled sincerely.)

 

          Seungcheol was stunned by his lovely and innocent smile and immediately fell for it. As they went back to the van, Coups tried to fix his eyes to the beautiful creature beside him and decided to cherish every moment because his attention might be distributed to each of the members again once they’re home.

 

Jeonghan:

(Noticed that he couldn’t take his eyes off him.)

Cheol ah~ do you miss me that much?

( with an innocent smile.)

 

S.Coups:

(Seungcheol was startled and blinked for the first time again after a few second stare.)

What?

 

Jeonghan:

Seungcheolie, Saranghae~

 

S.Coups:

(Paused for a while thinking of how he would reply with those sweet blossoming words.)

Saranghae.

(He replied with a soft, plain but firm voice.)

 

  Cheol became sleepy because he was so tired from their schedule and he couldn’t stop his eyes from falling down. He struggled to keep his eyes open and had a little conflict with himself. He wanted to sleep but he did not want to waste time to be with Jeonghan alone. The observing angel noticed that Cheol was blinking and thought that he was very exhausted from work. The kind and sweet Jeonghan offered him something to make him feel comfortable.

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ you must be tired.

Here!

(Tapped and offered his shoulders to him.)

Sleep on my shoulders or…

(patted his lap.)

On my lap.

 

          Since Cheol couldn’t hold it anymore, he rested his head on Jeonghan’s lap while the angel was caressing his knight. Coups fell asleep in a matter of seconds while Jeonghan was carefully guarding him by playing with his face, touching the pale silky skin of Seungcheol tenderly especially his long black lashes.

 

          As they arrived in front of their gate, Jeonghan’s heart was filled with joy. He was really grateful to be back again. No wonder why his smile never left his angelic face.

 

          On the other hand, the boys were so excited for the homecoming of their beloved member whom they missed a lot. They gathered in one spot, tuning on a single screen. A screen which was reserved for CCTV camera. They were looking forward to their arrival because they prepared something for Jeonghan. Sebongies were so focused on the camera in order for them not to miss a single detail. Everything was organized and everyone was in their respective places. They just need a proper timing! When they saw their Mom on screen who were about to ring the doorbell, the kids were already smiling; however, all of a sudden Cheol called him and delayed his actions.  

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked back)

Why?

 

          The great knight Seungcheol gave him a hug without saying any word and held on that position for a minute. Everyone inside the house cringed in jealousy upon seeing that undesirable scene.

 

Jeonghan:

Why? Is there something wrong?

 

S.Coups:

Good to have you back.

 

Jeonghan:

I know. Thanks.

(He smiled.)

 

          The children who were watching felt distressed on what they had just witnessed; nevertheless, they still continued their surprise in any way, so as soon as they entered the house, the boys popped some confetti to greet and welcome him back.

 

Jeonghan:

Woah!

You prepare all of this for me?

 

          They all looked happy upon seeing him, huddling around Jeonghan to give him a warm embrace; however, Seungcheol, somehow, felt a cold atmosphere. He found it out through those cold gazes given to him by his dongsaengs. Cheol was confused with those stares and just ignored it.

 

Those fiery looks were because of what Seungcheol din. They were annoyed of the fact that their leader had just created a powerful scene excluding them.

 

Hoshi:

(Broke the silence shouting what was in his happy heart.)

We’re complete again! Seventeeeeeeen! Yoh!

(Huddled all the members and thought of something unusual.)

Though we’re just thirteen.

(Joked and grinned)

 

DK:

Buuuut!

Don’t forget!

We have 13 members with 3 units in 1 team! Fighting!

(He explained it cheerfully in a military format voice.)

 

          The room was filled with laughter and everyone was rejoicing with their reunion. Even though, most of them were together, they tend to miss each other a lot because it has been a while since they were all together again.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you. Thank you so much!

I bought cake and drinks for everyone!

 

All together:

Yey! Saranghae, hyung~ Welcome back!

 

Jeonghan:

(Returned those sweet words amongst the other members.)

Saranghae. I miss you a lot.

 

S.Coups:

(Hidden behind his weak smile the thought of…)

I guess, that word was meant not only for me.

(Continued looking at him.)

It’s okay, as long as I have my part.

 

          It was just a normal day for them and Jeonghan was just worried for nothing. He was witnessing little cute fights and comedic acts like they had before. The day seemed very ordinary that relieved Jeonghan. DK, Seungkwan, and Hoshi were on their gag again disturbing everyone around them. Joshua went beside Jeonghan and held his hand.

 

Joshua:

Welcome back.

(The slim gentleman smiled.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks. I really miss this.

(Returned a smile back to Joshua.)

 

 

          They started to talk about many things that Jeonghan missed while he was gone. On the other hand, Seungcheol was sleeping in their room because he was so drained. Mingyu and the others were playing games on their phone on their day off.

 

However, something was off with Mingyu. He couldn’t look into Jeonghan’s eyes anymore because of what happened. Joshua informed Jeonghan about it.

 

Every time Jeonghan wanted to talk to him, he always excused himself because of something he must do or he redirects his eyes to different directions just to avoid an eye contact with his pretty hyung.

 

          Jeonghan started his moves, a way to let Mingyu let go of what happened; though, he wasn’t sure if it would be effective because his plan was kind of harsh but he had to risk it or else he would not be the same anymore. It never left him the thought that Mingyu might get angry at him.

 

In Jeonghan’s perspective, what Mingyu did was something he should be thankful for and not to be ashamed of. If it wasn’t for him, he’d be gone by now. He believed that Migyu is so brave and cool!

 

He’s about to do what he planned and asked everyone to leave Mingyu alone in a room. Seungkwan gave him a signal when they succeeded on their mission. He finally entered the room where Mingyu was and started to act out, while Mingyu stood up straight and become stiff.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu-ah?

 

Mingyu:

Ah! Yes, hyung!

(He was surprised and began to blush. He stood like a statue.)

 

Jeonghan:

Come close to me.

 

Mingyu:

Eh?

(He was hesitant to come close to him because he was ashamed of himself.)

 

Jeonghan:

Here. Beside me.

(Tapping the area beside him.)

 

          Mingyu came close silently and sat on the bed beside Jeonghan. Jeonghan felt that he was not comfortable with him anymore. He was hesitant to do his act but he must. Mingyu left him with no other choice.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu…

(Acted something like he’s dizzy. In his mind, he thought he’d won an award for his acting.)

Can you help me?

(Sneakily checking on his dongsaeng.)

 

Mingyu:

Why hyung?

(He gulped and observed seriously.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m getting dizzy again.

 

          Jeonghan was so focused on his acting while everybody was watching his mini skit; though, they had no idea that it was his plan to act or something. It brought them confusion for the reason that it really looked so real. They became watchful.

 

Mingyu:

What?!

(His hands were shaking and he was in the state of panic.)

What do you need?

(Assisted him immediately.)

 

Jeonghan:

I – I can’t see.

(He wore a calm expression.)

 

Mingyu:

(Bit his lips while his heart beats so fast. He felt like crying again but he tried to prevent it.)

What do you want me to do?

 

Jeonghan:

Can you get something for me?

 

Mingyu:

Sure thing, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

Kindly get my bag over here. I have to take my medicine.

 

Mingyu rushed to Jeonghan’s bag and started crying silently but he immediately wiped his tears using his arm. He got up as soon as he had the medicine on his hands and delivered it to Jeonghan.

 

          On the other hand, Jeonghan saw the other members outside and they looked worried too. He knew that they mistook it as a real one. His acting skills improved a lot that they couldn’t tell if it was real or not. Jeonghan smirked and shoo-ed them away. An indication that it was only and act and get back to his script as Mingyu turned around to see him.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, what should I get here?

 

Jeonghan:

Oh! You’re here! Help me stand.

(His play was doing well. Mingyu did not even notice that he’s acting.)

 

          Mingyu did what he was told and the angel in human form embraced him tightly which surprised everyone who were watching. He Mingyu’s head gently trying to stop his tears.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu ah.

(Looked and held Mingyu’s sad face and wiped his tears off.)

Don’t cry. Don’t be sad. I’m sorry if I make you sad.

Why are you shy to me? You’re not the Mingyu I knew.

 

Mingyu:

You can see now?

(Couldn’t stop crying.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Displayed his warm smile while brushing his tears off.)

I’m sorry. I am fine the whole time.

I acted because it was the only way you’d talk to me.

(He felt so guilty of what he did.)

 

Mingyu:

You’re so harsh to me, hyung!

(Whining again.)

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry.

You keep on ignoring me! What am I supposed to do?

You’re making me longed for Mingyu so much since you started avoiding me.

(Caressed Mingyu’s soft cheeks.)

Stop crying.

Thank you for saving my life. You’re so brave back there.

 

Mingyu:

You sure you’re okay?

(Checked on him to make sure that he was just alright.)

 

Jeonghan:

I should be asking you that.

 

Mingyu:

I cannot face you because of what happened.

 

Jeonghan:

Which part?

 

Mingyu:

The…

(He blushed immediately just thinking of it.)

 

Jeonghan:

I saw it in the net.

 

Mingyu:
(He was so surprised making his face turned red.)

Really?

Oh no!

 

Jeonghan:

Joshua showed me.

 

Mingyu:

That hyung!

(He exhibited an upset face.)

 

Jeonghan:

I will see it anyway co’z it’s all over the internet.

Look at me!

(He looked straight at Mingyu’s eyes while holding his gorgeous face firmly.)

If you did not do that, I’m probably dead right now.

You should be proud of what you did! I’m so proud of you.

(He smiled passionately to Mingyu.)

You’re like a prince rescuing a beautiful angel.

(Started praising his face again.)

 

Mingyu:

(Stared at him badly.)

There you go again.

 

Jeonghan:

Stop crying.

Alright! Are we good?

(He was relieved that Mingyu was saved and started with his brain washing again.)

Whose prince are you?

 

Mingyu:

(Smiled broadly displaying his cute charismatic smile because he wanted to have that nickname.)

Jeonghan hyung’s prince.

(Then he was completely revived and officially under Jeonghan’s spell.)

 

          Mingyu catched up with Jeonghan since the barrier was already gone. Meanwhile the people outside were murmuring something.

 

Seungkwan:

(Talked to the others.)

He’s really good at that. How can he do that?

 

Vernon:

Yeah. Amazing!

(He responded with his wide blank expression.)

 

Dino:

It’s his magic spell.

(He who was doomed because he was under his spell right from the start.)

 

          Everything back to normal! Early in the morning, same routine, same faces. They were preparing for their comeback and got so busy. They even had their schedule to fly to LA to improve their skills and to shoot for their album. They prepared everything and assured that they would not forget something. Another journey, another episode in their lives. They received a short training in LA and came back to Korea right after their activities.