세븐틴: Comeback

Behind the Scenes: Standby

세븐틴: Comeback

 

The boys were preparing for their comeback, perfecting their masterpiece from polishing each and every step in their dance; moreover, they have been conditioning their voices.

 

One more day and they were all set. Their promotions were streaming all over the Internet, while their precious Carats were all waiting to see them back. ‘Everything is for our beloved Carat’ that’s what they always say. They put so much effort and love in every performance, and they always dedicate it to their precious fans.

 

After their exhausting practice, they ordered their food to be delivered in their dorm because they were too tired to cook or to go out. The deliveryman rang their doorbell and the hungry boys came rushing to the door, except for one man. While everybody was eating their dinner, Jeonghan noticed that his star was not in the table with everyone.

 

Jeonghan:

(Called for him.)

Soon Young ah!

C’mon, let’s eat!

 

Soon Young doesn’t seem to hear his call and Jeonghan made his way to the practice room because he knew that Hoshi would stay there. He got a clean, dry towel at their room first before proceeding to the other room.

 

Jeonghan came, hearing a loud music and witnessing Soon Young drained in sweat. The angel was sure that Hoshi was pressured about their upcoming performance, that he kept practicing until his moves becomes perfect. He approached him because knew that Hoshi was so focused and he wouldn’t notice him at all, even if he shouts.

 

Jeonghan:

(Approached Soon Young, holding a dry towel gesturing to wipe Hoshi’s sweaty face.)

Soon Young ah, let’s eat now.

(He smiled while wiping his star’s serious face.)

Aigoo~ I know you feel pressured that you focus on perfecting the steps, but you know, you have to eat too.

 

Soon Young crawled his hands around Jeonghan’s small waist and smiled back at him, while his hyung was wiping his face blocking his vision of the beautiful creature in front of him because the towel was so bulky. Jeonghan gave him his water.

 

Jeonghan:

(Was about to wipe Soon Young’s back but Hoshi’s hand wouldn’t let go off his body.)

You’re all wet!

(It was evident to Soon Young’s ‘became transparent’ white shirt.)

Change your clothes.

 

Soon Young:

Aigoo~ my angel cares for me so much. I’m fine. I just checked if everything is alright. I’ll wrap up soon.

 

Jeonghan:

Change your t-shirt first and eat with us. Your food is getting cold.

 

Soon Young:

Oh! It’s delivered already?

(Surprised and he already felt his stomach growling.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’ve been calling you many times already, you know.

 

Soon Young:

Really? Sorry.

(Brought out his tongued with a smile.)

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s go.

 

Soon Young:

Wait.

 

Hoshi cleaned and re-arrange everything in the practice room before they leave. He turned off the speaker and got it back to its original place because Mingyu would scold at him if it were misplaced again.

 

Jeonghan wouldn’t mind embracing Hoshi even if he was drenched with sweat and gladly return to the kitchen.

 

While walking, Soon Young asked him a question, which everybody was dying to ask, but they couldn’t. It confused him that Joshua was just ignoring it.

 

Soon Young:

Hannie- hyung, don’t get mad at me, but may I ask a question?

 

Jeonghan:

Why would I get mad at you for asking a question?

Go ahead.

 

Soon Young:

What happen to you and Coups-hyung?

(He was so serious and realized that as if he was asking why they broke up or something.)

Oh… It’s kinda weird to ask it that way. Let me re-construct my sentence.

(Giggled.)

I mean, You and Cheol-hyung is not like before. You keep on ignoring each other. It’s bothering me. Did you fight?

(Opened his eyes as widely as he can while waiting for Jeonghan’s reply.)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh really?

(He lied that he didn’t notice it.)

I don’t know. Everything seems normal, though.

(Faced him and acted perfectly.)

 

Soon Young:

Really? I think there’s something wrong…

(Thinking deeply.)

 

Jeonghan:

You’re over thinking, my star.

(He offered him a wink with an endearing smile.)

 

Sonn Young:

(Blushed)

Aigoo~ You’re killing me again.

 

The two tickled each other until they stepped in to their kitchen to eat.

 

It was a time to sleep, but in spite they were tired, they couldn’t fall asleep. They were all nervous for tomorrow’s comeback. Seungkwan got up first and then, one by one, they all stood up. Then, DK the lights.

 

Seungcheol:

(He was still trying to get his sleep when the lights reached out his eyes.)

Hey, what’s wrong? We should be sleeping right now.

 

Seungkwan:

You can’t sleep too, right hyung?

 

Seungcheol:

(Sat on his bed and smiled)

Yeah. I’m so nervous. It’s been a while.

(He innocently confessed while holding his chest.)

Hey, check the others (in the other room) if they had fallen sleep already.

If they are still awake, call them in the living room. Tell them to get their pillows and blanket.

 

The maknaes roamed around and laughed, finding all of them seated and chatting because they all had the same problem. As the leader ordered, they were asked to huddle in the living room.

 

Seungcheol:

(Laughed upon seeing the whole army with Seungkwan and DK)

As expected!

(Smiled widely)

Okay, guys! Gather here.

 

Everyone formed a tight circle keeping their bodies close to each other. Seungcheol gave a short speech to energize everybody else. Since, it was his duty to give his team strength, he talked positively without letting them notice that he was also nervous about it.

 

Seungcheol:

Guys.

(Spoke just enough to let everybody to hear.)

Fighting!

(Charged with a loud shout to cheer them up.)

 

Everyone:

Fighting!

 

Seungkwan:

But I think, I still can’t sleep, hyung.

What should we do?

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s break the rule! But just only for this day.

 

DK:

Rules?

 

Woozi:

He meant the sleeping time curfew, I guess.

 

DK:

Oh! We were already used to it that it became normal.

(Laughed.)

 

They enjoyed the night but they all fall asleep immediately. Like what happened in their first ‘One Fine Day’, they laid on each other’s body to use them as their pillow and sleep.

 

The next day, their manager went inside their dorm and witnessed a chaotic place where the boys were like squatters sleeping on the floor together; provided that, they all have their own mattress to sleep on.

 

Manager:

Get up!

(He shouted.)

 

Jeonghan was surprised with their manager’s call and stood up so fast. Mingyu who was Jeonghan’s pillow and Joshua on Jeonghan’s chest were startled too because of his abrupt action.

 

Jeonghan:

(Held his chest with his heart beating so fast)

Omo! You startled me!

 

Joshua:

What was that for?

(Clueless of what happened.)

 

Mingyu:

Ah, hyung! Why so loud?

(Squinted his eyes while covering his eyes from the light.)

 

Jeonghan couldn’t breath for a while so Joshua helped him by patting his chest.

Joshua:

You okay?

 

Seungcheol:

(Woke up by Joshua’s voice.)

Why? Why?

 

Manager:

You okay? I’m sorry.

I was calling you but you weren’t answering my call.

(Defending himself)

Anyway, why the hell did you sleep here when you have your bed?

Time to wake up, guys! It’s almost time!

 

Seungcheol:

We alarmed our phone, though.

(Looked at the clock and discovered that it was pass 9 in the morning.)

Why? Why it (the phone) did not alarm?

 

Managers:

Because you left it somewhere, maybe.?

(Gave a sarcastic tone.)

You’re phone is out of reach.

 

Seungcheol:

Oh boy!

(Noticed that they left all their phones somewhere while his phone was out of battery.)

 

Seungcheol shook everybody to wake them up. He noticed that Jisoo was rubbing Jeonghan’s chest lightly, same thing Mingyu did on Jeonghan’s back.

 

Seungcheol:

Why?

(Went to check on them)

 

Mingyu:

He was startled by the Manager’s voice.

 

Manager:

(Guilty)

Sorry.

(Went to help Jeonghan)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m alright. Just need to calm down a bit.

 

Manager:

I’m really sorry.

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled)

Don’t worry.

 

Seungcheol:

Hey, come here.

You can’t be sick. I’ll bring you to the room. Rest there for a while.

 

Jeonghan:

(Refused him with a cold voice.)

No. I’m fine.

(Finished it with two short sentences.)

 

Seungcheol froze and, at the same time, worried. Worried that he went too far that Jeonghan became angry at him. He was so guilty that he had to ignore him for his own sake. He left Jeonghan puzzled without knowing why he acted that way; evertheless, he insisted his help. While everyone was busy waking themselves up completely, they did not notice what was happening between the two eldest members, well except from Joshua and Mingyu who was with them all the time. Seungcheol reached Jeonghan’s hand but Jeonghan shoved the leader’s hand while pretending to stand all by himself.

 

Jeonghan:

(Flashed a bright smile because he knew that the two other members were looking.)

I’m fine. Don’t worry.

 

Seungcheol:

(He was surprised by his angel’s action and accepted it because it was his fault.)

Alright.

(Paused for a second.)

J-just tell me when you need me.

 

Jeonghan:

(With an awkward smile.)

Alright.

 

Joshua prepared himself for a situation like that. He knew that it would happen since Jeonghan was clueless of why Cheol suddenly became cold at him.

 

Joshua:

(Pretended that nothing was wrong while thinking of how to fix it all by himself, since he couldn’t tell others about it.)

Can you stand alone?

 

Jeonghan:

Of course.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung…

(Worried because no matter how they act it, it’s still awkward.)

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu ah~

(Called him dearly.)

Can you cook ramyeon for me?

(Blinked his eyes cutely.)

 

Mingyu:

Aigoo- alright!

(He smiled displaying his charming canine teeth.)

 

Jeonghan:

Why are you so cute today?

 

Mingyu:

I’m always cute, hyung.

(Laughed afterwards while Wonwoo spank him at the back of his head.)

Aw!

 

Wonwoo:

Get your up and help us prepare our breakfast.

(Looked cold at him to intimidate his tall dongsaeng.)

 

Mingyu:

Alright. Alright.

 

 

Wonwoo:

(Smiled)

Don’t worry, Jeonghan hyung will be alright. He’s strong.

 

Mingyu:

Okay. I trust him.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah, trust me and cook me ramyeon, then I’ll be super fine.

(He smiled and stood up to hit Mingyu’s behind to tell him to go to the kitchen and cook immediately.)

 

Without any words, Mingyu and Wonwoo went to the kitchen and talked about something they both worried about.

 

Wonwoo:

Have you noticed?

(As if Mingyu knew what he was trying to say.)

 

Mingyu:

Yeah. It’s obvious!

(He whispered and could relate to Wonwoo that he was talking about their two eldest hyungs.)

But what Jeonghan-hyung did just now…

(He was pretty scared thinking about it.)

It was the first time I saw him act like that.

(He continued.)

 

Wonwoo:

Yeah, I saw it too.

 

Mingyu:

What should we do?

 

Wonwoo:

Well, everybody’s thinking about it, but I don’t know about Joshua-hyung. He stays quiet all the time.

 

Mingyu:

You think, He knows something?

 

Wonwoo:

I think he knows everything.

 

While preparing their breakfast, some went to the bathroom to take a shower. They all gathered in the kitchen and ate as fast as they could so they could proceed to their salons and have themselves ready to go to the studio.

 

-In the studio-

 

Sebongies were warming up for their performance and they could only think of giving the best show to the viewers. Hoshi’s eyes became serious when they were rehearsing their steps one last time before their performance.

 

Soon Young:

(Satisfied with their rehearsal.)

Okay, Fighting!

 

Everyone:

Fighting!

 

Seungcheol:

Get yourselves ready.

(Burning with so much passion in his eyes.)

 

Hoshi:

Alright!

(He shouted)

 

Joshua approached Seungcheol for a talk.

 

Joshua:

Cheol…

(Gently called S.Coups’ name.)

 

Seungcheol:

Yes?

 

Joshua:

I can’t do it anymore.

 

Seungcheol:

The what?

(He was confused.)

 

Joshua:

Go and talk to Jeonghan before it gets worst. I know that I’m also at fault with this because I allowed it to happen.

 

Seungcheol:

(Became serious.)

He’s mad at me.

(Smirked faintly.)

 

Joshua:

He’s more confused.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m embarrassed of myself.

(Bowed his head down in disappointment)

I told him that I will protect him, but here I am hurting him, instead.

 

Joshua gazed at him and stayed quiet. Meanwhile, Jeonghan approached them.

 

Jeonghan:

Coups-ya, can we talk?

 

Seungcheol:

Sure.

(He smiled awkwardly.)

 

Joshua:

Okay, I will leave you alone so you can talk privately.

 

After stepping out of the room, Joshua saw a pool of people near the door, Where all their ears attached on the thin wall.

 

Joshua:

(Scolded them)

Hey! What are you doing?

(He saw Wonwoo and Vernon , who’s usually not interested in those kinds of activities.)

Yah! You also?

(Asked them in disbelief.)

Go back to the other room. Let them talk privately.

 

-Inside the room-

 

Jeonghan:

Coups, I’m sorry about what I did this morning.

(Felt guilty about it.)

 

Seungcheol:

That was nothing.

 

Jeonghan:

That’s all.

 

Seungcheol was surprised because that was all he wanted to tell him. Actually, Seungcheol was still gathering his words to ask him for forgiveness of all that he did, but Jeonghan already left the room. The rest of the members were still being scolded by Joshua when he suddenly came out of the room. Everybody was surprised because that was quite a fast talk.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol froze for a minute. As soon as he claimed his soul back into his body, he sighed and thought that maybe, it’s okay to stay in that state for a while. It made him sad, knowing that he was causing Jeonghan’s pain but it was better than ruining their relationship and team because of his actions. He prayed that Jeonghan would feel better as soon as possible.

 

Joshua came back in the room where their leader was and scolded at him angrily.

 

Joshua:

Are you insane?!

 

Seungcheol:

(Astounded by Joshua’s angry voice.)

Josh-

(Halted his words.)

 

Joshua:

You miss the chance, Cheol!

You should have fixed it as soon as possible!

 

Seungcheol:

I’m sorry.

I tried too but-

 

Joshua:

You’re just a coward!

(He was really mad at him for that reason.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Slightly insulted with Joshua’s harsh words.)

I know. I know it already, so stop it!

 

Joshua:

Make sure not to cause any trouble, Cheol.

(Frowned his brows upon walking out the door.)

 

After a few minutes, they gathered at the backstage to get ready for the cue. The director called them and one by one, stepped on the stage. Joshua, who realized that what he did a minute ago was wrong. Before they all stepped out of the backstage to perform, Joshua tapped Cheol’s back and apologize.

 

Joshua:

Hey, I’m sorry.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m okay.

You’re right.

 

Joshua:

I did not mean that.

(Felt guilty.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Smiled back at Joshua, trying not to be awkward, but it was still awkward.)

Don’t worry.

(Patted the gentleman’s soft cheeks.)

I’ll fix this. Please hold on a little bit. Give me more time.

 

Joshua:

Okay.

 

Seungcheol:

Thanks friend.

 

Joshua:

Just make it fast.

 

The screams where out there in the light as they get ready on their formation. It was so bright and their fans were everywhere. They forgot all their misunderstandings and became hyped up. Their moves were so perfect that they filled their fans’ hearts with joy. It was a stunning and emotional performance.

 

It was time to step out off the stage when Seungcheol grabbed Jeonghan’s wrist.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah.

(Hesitated a little.)

 

Jeonghan faced him and waited for Cheol to speak again.

 

Seungcheol:

Hey, Can I ask you a favor.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure.

(Gladly offered his help.)

 

Seungcheol:

Can you wait a little longer?

 

Jeonghan:

(Displayed a confused face.)

What do you mean? What for?

(Bombarded Cheol with questions.)

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll comeback soon.

 

Jeonghan:

Where?

 

Seungcheol:

To my old self.

(Smiled faintly.)

I just need time.

 

Jeonghan:

You don’t have to ask me that. It’s up to you, Cheol.

 

Seungcheol:

I know you’re m-

 

Seungkwan:

(Accidentally cut Cheol and Jeonghan’s conversation with…)

Seventeeeeeeeen, Fightiiiiiing!

 

All:

Fighting!

 

Seungkwan:

Leader-nim?

(Asking him to give a speech.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Caught off guard and cleared his throat before speaking)

Great job, everyone!

(Gave a short but powerful speech.)