Short Encounter

My Underclassmen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hands on my knees, panting by the time I reached the school entrance. Catching my breath, I noticed something's off. Why am I not hearing the usual noises when I came at school? Not only that, when I was running my life here, I also haven't seen students making their way here. Suddenly, I felt dizzy so many thoughts came on my head and the number one thing is "Am I LATE?" For a member of the student council to be late sure is embarrassing. I started panicking.
Students aren't usually allowed to be late at school.
"I need to calm down." I told myself with my right hand on my chest. I closed my eyes. Took a deep breath and release all the bad thoughts. 
OBSERVE, ANALYZE and ACT I thought. The gate is still open. If I'm really late it should be close by now. Part of the school rules that the gate shall be closed at 8:30am.
Now that I think of it. I haven't set my alarm last night. I totally forgot about that one again. I'm pretty sure I woke up at 7:15
If I'm going to calculate the time. I should arrive at school's area from home in an hour and 30 minutes. The school isn't really far from the highway . I track my time running all the way here and it was 15 minutes. That's 1 hour and 45 minutes. Time now should be 8:45 am but why is the gate still open?

I sighed in confusion. But since I'm already here and the gate is still open, I might as well go in whether I'm late or not.
"This is strange. There aren't any students around. Maybe it's holiday?" My mind's citing different possibilities right now. I should stop.

I can only hear my own footsteps at the corridor until I arrive at the classroom. I put my bag at my desk still confused. This is so silent.
I sat down looking at the blank white board when my eyes met the clock at the top of it.
Wait... What? I can feel the world crumbling underneath my feet. The time's "7:50" I mumble. I laugh, an evil one and stopped. "Why is it 7:50?" Looking at the clock furiously. Then I realized that my clock at the house maybe is in advanced state. I haven't even set my alarm so it's really impossible for me to change the time itself. There's only one person who could pull this prank to me.
I grinned. "HIRAI MOMO! You're seriously dead!" 

Meanwhile Momo at that time.
"I wonder why Tzuyu senpai went to school early." Mina stared at Momo. "Say, did you do something to her again? You look troubled just like the past days when you did some pranks to her."
"I'm fine. Haha! Why should I pull that pra--- I suddenly felt chills." Rubbing her shoulders with dulled expression.
Mina laughed at her.
"You did something. It's obvious." 


I finally calmed myself down. That's right there's no use being angry. 
Sitting here waiting for the others is boring. Drumming my fingers on the table, I began to think of something to do. There's still a lot of time. Maybe I should just check the cooking club room it's been a while since I visit there besides I'm a former member. I think it's fine. Mina and Momo is also part of the club. I still remember the first time Mina cooked something. It was going well, is what we thought but after she's done with the work, the food doesn't look like a food anymore. It even tastes awful but Momo really ate all of it. Those two are really close. Just thinking about it now makes me laugh. I wonder if something has been changed there.


Walking at the silent corridor isn't bad at all. It's not that every time I could feel this silence.
"So this is what school feels like early in the mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter