Lucky Girl

Undeniable Attraction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

✖️

 

Flashback

"Listen, I don't want to offend you too with what I'm about to say. I don't know you or recognize you at all," Seulgi stared straightly at Joohyun's dark brown eyes. "But I am in desperate need of your help."

 

Seulgi kept her straight face as she said those words to the obviously flushed girl whose breath hitched in front of her. Seulgi stared directly in her eyes, hoping to find some reaction, but the petite girl remain unmoved. So Seulgi had to clear for two times until the person in front of her glared in response at her. Seulgi, for a second, was afraid of the girl sending daggers at her. But Seulgi being desperate, she ignored it and continued speaking. 

 

"Hey, I know you're shocked and all. But can you please do me a favor and say something or maybe move a finger? I'm just making sure if you're still there," Seulgi worriedly said.

 

She was about to cup the girl's face again but this time the nameless girl stopped her. The girl glared at her for like the second time as if she's shooting daggers at Seulgi.

 

But what surprised Seulgi the most was the girl giggled out of nowhere.  And kissed her cheek. 

 

"Awww, Kang Seulgi. I'm afraid I can't answer you at this very moment BUT I'm really flattered to have noticed by you," the girl said loudly enough to be heard by the people around them as she helped Seulgi stand up with her. "Thank you for these. I really appreciate your effort." 

 

Seulgi was out of words. The girl understood what she meant when she said she desperately asked for her help. She was actually going with Seulgi's act. The porcelain skinned girl was grinning from ear to ear as she held the gifts (which in the first place wasn't meant for her) she received from Seulgi. It was Seulgi's first encounter with this girl and she didn't know whether the girl was bipolar or crazy or just actually helping her out since it was her who came running to ask for a stranger's help.  

 

"Uh, you're welcome...?" Seulgi answered. For the nth time, she wanted to slap her own face for saying dumb and unnecessary things. 

 

The girl continued to surprise her as she engulfed Seulgi in a hug.

 

What actually Seulgi received was a suffocating hug. The petite girl looked weak in appearance but when she wrapped her arms around Seulgi and tightly squeezed her, Seulgi wanted to yelp in pain. But hell no, she wouldn't do that. Not in front of the audience. Not in front of Soojung and her douche of an ex-boyfriend, or she should call, her boyfriend. 

 

The crowd surrounding them wooed, whistled and some clapped their hands as if they just saw some romantic movie right in front of their eyes. They must have thought these two girls just became girlfriends. Well, they thought wrong. 

 

"This is the help you wanted, right? There, I just helped you," the girl whispered to Seulgi's ears, sending shivers down her spine. "I think we're done here, Kang." 

 

Seulgi remained immobile as the girl broke their not-so-intimate moment on the hallway packed with nosy kids surrounding them. 

 

The girl picked up her backpack that was on the ground when she squatted down in front of Seulgi and started to struggle holding the stuffs she just got from this strange person whose name still sounded so unfamiliar, so far away. 

 

When the petite and porcelain skinned girl was about to walk past the dark brown haired girl, Seulgi grabbed the unknown girl's wrist. The girl, for the second time, wanted to teach Seulgi a lesson not to touch her. So she sent Seulgi one of her infamous glare. But Seulgi didn't even noticed that because of her desperation. The porcelain skinned girl stared at Seulgi's eyes and made a face, which meant 'what do you want this time?'. 

 

Thankfully, Seulgi's brain was actually functioning well that time as she quickly got what the girl meant. "Uh, can we talk? Like right now? Not here, of course. But somewhere else. Please. I'm begging you. I swear I will do everything just to have you to say yes to my desperate need of help." 

 

The girl was definitely furious. Seulgi could see it but she dismissed what the other girl might be feeling at the moment. All Seulgi could do was shamelessly convince the petite girl until she could get what she wanted from her—which was her yes. 

 

"Please? I will do everything you want to do after you'll agree to this," Seulgi begged, giving her most convincing smile and puppy eyes. "Can we just talk? Even just a quick one. I know I may be asking too much even though we barely know each other. But I—just please, can we talk?" 

 

Then, the people who were surrounding them started talking or whispering to each other as if they're waiting for the next move of the two girls who were the center of attention on the hallway. 

 

The porcelain skinned girl could only groan inside her head as she cursed under her breath.

 

But the porcelain skinned girl did the inconceivable move when she grabbed Seulgi's hand and led her away from the crowd. That, of course, made Seulgi gasped in surprise as her hand was tightly held by the petite yet strong girl who was walking ahead of her. The porcelain skinned girl politely excused themselves or pushed some of the people who were blocking their way out. 

 

The students who had witnessed their little act on the hallway started gushing over them after they had left the scene. Meanwhile, the two girls kept walking until they've reached outside of the school premises. 

 

The two girls were apparently standing at the parking lot of the school. The petite girl was crossing her arms waiting for Seulgi to catch her breath.

 

"Now, talk." 

 

"Why here though? Can't we just go find somewhere pleasant?" Seulgi reasoned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter