• Backstory / Explanation •

The Puppet

Backstory / Explanation

I hope I didn’t twist your brain with the story plot. Here are the backstory and explanation for the one-shot. Feel free to ask if you’re still confused. First of all, Minho is 26, Taemin is 24 and Jongin is 23 in this story.

Jongin didn’t mingle with good people. He killed Minho’s brother, and let’s say Minho’s son being brain-dead was a collateral damage. After that, Minho snooped around Jongin and his associates and found out the ty things that they did such as murdering, bribing, drug-dealing, etc. So, Jongin told Taemin, his supposedly-brother, that he planned to kill Minho before the man exposed him and his people to the authorities.

In his told-plan, Jongin planned to use Taemin to get close to Minho and Taemin was fully aware of him being the ‘puppet’.Taemin thought of their intimate relationship as an honestly fake one. However, in time, Taemin grew to love Minho and at some point did not have the will to lie anymore. He felt very guilty towards Minho for not being honest. He could always be the witness to Minho’s brother’s murder case. As in the early part of the story, Taemin told Jongin that he wanted to stop the plan and tell Minho the truth.

For Minho’s side of the story, he was initially unaware of the plan (and the fake relationship). He really loved Taemin with all of his heart and planned to make Taemin his fiancee. However, when he found out that Taemin was connected to Jongin, he began to doubt whether Taemin really loved him. Over time, after snooping around (again), he learned that Jongin was the actual evil one and Taemin was simply tagging along as the ‘puppet’ of the plan. Nonetheless, he still doubted Taemin’s feelings toward him. When Taemin confessed that he really did love Minho at the brink of his death, that was when Minho realized that he had made a mistake for doubting his boyfriend.

‘Lee J’ from the text was short for ‘Lee Jongin’. Okay. Yes. Jongin was the evil SOB (son-of-a-) behind this masterplan. All this time, Taemin thought he was being the puppet in the plan, but truthfully, he was the pawn (kinda like a tool/sacrifice for Jongin to achieve his goal). Minho was the actual puppet in this plan. How? When Taemin said that he was gonna spill the truth to Minho, Jongin saw that as a threat to his safety and flow of plan. He used Minho and tricked him into killing Taemin (let’s not talk into detail about that). Also, mind you that at this time, Jongin found out that Taemin was not his blood-brother and Taemin was very well-aware about it all this time, but never told him. That was why Jongin did not see killing Taemin, his supposedly-brother, as a problem. He felt kinda betrayed by Taemin for lying to him. So, we kinda can see that Minho is the actual puppet, and Taemin is just the pawn in this story.

What is Jongin’s actual goal in this plan? To be honest, I never actually think about this. However, I see a pattern in the people that Jongin killed/harmed: the brother, the son, and the lover. His last text also suggested that Jongin and Minho had been playing some kind of game for a long time. That could be possible too. Just so you know, I’m totally open to any epilog or sequel if many people would like that :)

Adios, es.

-mirrue-