Take it Away (My Blood, Sweat, and Tears)

Take it Away (My Blood, Sweat, and Tears)

Enjoy~~

 

 


 

 

Jimin had not been doing well all day, and it was evident whatever it was kicked her hard because she was sitting out during practice that day—Jimin never sat out during their practices. It was hard for the other six to not coddle her and just watch silently as Jimin curled up on the couch with her back to them, curling up in a ball and just holding herself. She told each of them on separate terms the day before, Hyeonsuk and Taehyeon finding out first when she woke up to stained sheets. It wasn’t common for them to get their periods; between the dancing, dieting, and medication, their natural menstrual cycles happened less frequent than what was “normal”. It was the grim reminder that they are all, in fact, still humans.

 

A few of the coordi unnies made their ways in and out of the dance studio throughout the duration of practice, tugging with them water, juice, and snacks to give Jimin as they watched over her for a moment or two at a time. Jimin would thank them softly before balling up again so no one could see her—so no one could see the tears streaming down her cheeks from the cramping in her pelvis, or how pale her face was from the nausea sweeping over her in waves. Jimin looked terribly pitiful, and it killed Yoonji to see her like that.

 

There was nothing she, or anyone else in their seven-member ensemble, could do to ease the feeling for Jimin, especially not when they in the middle of making sure the dance to their upcoming comeback was without flaw, and it was upsetting to think about. Yoonji would find herself staring longingly at Jimin’s back through the mirror, wishing she could scoop her up and take it all away. Hers had always been worst, leaving the dancer and singer mostly stagnant for a day or so, a stark contrast to her usually excitable personality, and though Yoonji had been noted as the group’s mood setter, seeing Jimin in that state left them all in a somber mood.

 

Dance practice ended hours later for the members to go about their usual schedule, though it started out unsupervised while their manager drove Jimin back to their dorm for some rest. Yoonji retreated into her studio and slumped down in front of her soundboard and desktop with a sigh, rubbing her face in a stressed attempt to stir her mind away from the young singer’s fragile, sick state, but Jimin was always on the rapper’s mind. Their feelings toward each other had not been a secret between the two, cuddling on the couch and holding hands in the privacy of their dorm, and the others did their best to keep it a secret from the world and their company—even though Yoonji said to hell with it several times that day because she wanted to kiss Jimin over and over again to help make her feel better at practice.

 

Yoonji should be finishing the songs for her mixtape, she should be pulling up the programs on her laptop to run through the mixes to make sure they were what she wanted, but instead she leaned further back in her chair and ran her fingers through her faded mint hair—which was more or less a platinum mass of gummy strands—mind staying on the young singer and her wellbeing. Was she going to be at the dorm by herself, suffering all by her lonesome? She could imagine Jimin curled up on her bed, hugging a pillow with a heating pad covering her groin and abdomen area, shoulder length orange hair splayed out around her head like a ray of light. Yoonji could imagine how beautiful she looked though pained, her makeup free eyes clod and plush, pouting lips pressed into a firm line as she tries to act tough…

 

Yoonji grabbed her jacket as she stood to leave her studio, pulling out her mobile to phone her manager. If she couldn’t focus on being productive in her studio (her studio of all things—curse you, Park Jimin), then she would be productive elsewhere.

 

 

Jimin was miserable. How could she let herself get like this? Her unnies had no problem when it came to practicing with her periods (even though, rationally, she knew that was false. She has seen Seojin crying in the bathroom during her cycle when they had practice), so why couldn’t she just it up and just practice too? She felt a sob catch in as she closed her eyes and held the heating pad tighter to her stomach in an attempt to dull the pain some. Her pelvis throbbed and contracted in anger, maybe in revenge for suppressing her body’s natural cycle, and pain stabbed at her uterus like it were a game. This had to be some sick game…

 

She gulped down the sob as best as she could, but even her own saliva was making her nauseous, and her head swayed, and oh god, their choreographer was probably going to yell at her for missing the entire review session and , she’s going to have to make up so much. She could feel tears starting to make their way down her cheek as the negative thoughts bombarded her. Jimin felt disappointed in herself for sitting out and letting this get the best of her. She felt disappointed for showing her weakness when they were so close to a comeback—god, what would they think of her? What would Yoonji think of her?

 

That was honestly what Jimin felt most ashamed about; Yoonji had to see her weak, which is something she could never be proud of. Jimin took pride in being strong when things got tough for their group, and that was something Yoonji admired her for. She was so weak today, though. Would Yoonji want to look at her again? Would Yoonji still want to be with her when she was nothing but a cry baby at practice?

 

There were a series of soft taps against the wooden door of her room. Jimin blinked slightly and turned her head toward the door, wondering if she had imagined those taps. She sniffled slightly and lifted one arm to wipe at her face.

 

“Y-yeah?” her voice croaked unpleasantly.

 

When Yoonji opened the bedroom door, the first thing she took in was Jimin’s small being on the bed resting overtop of the comforter, cleaning her face with the smooth skin of her forearm. Though her lips were red and swollen, most likely from crying, and half of her face was hidden behind her arm, Yoonji felt her heart sputter and slam against her chest, throbbing at the sight in front of her. Aphrodite had nothing on the beautiful Park Jimin. It took a beat for Yoonji to stop drinking in the beauty that was Park Jimin and her lips slightly. It took another beat for her to open and choke out a ‘hey’ before the younger looked up to take in the figure in front of her.

 

Jimin’s small eyes glistened with wetness in the dim natural lighting entering the room as she stared up at Yoonji, who, in turn, stared right back at her. Yoonji could just look at Jimin for days and conjure up a few dozen albums worth of songs. Her beauty was inspiring—even now with tears staining her cheeks and lips puffy from sodium passing over them.

 

Yoonji smiled softly—Jimin looked so pure like this—and lifted a bag of goodies from a local convenient store, the slight rustle of plastic sounded over the younger’s sniffles and huffs for a brief moment. “I got you some stuff.”

 

Jimin whimpered pitifully and threw herself back down against her pillow, not before Yoonji caught a glimpse of her giant frown and fat tears rolling down her cheeks. She opted not to say anything as she made her way to the bed carefully and sat next to the singer, and her heart broke as she watched and listened to this child weep. Oh, how she wished she could take the pain away from her. How she wished she could make Jimin feel better. Jimin clutched at the pillow her head rested on as she cried, embarrassed that Yoonji was seeing her like this, embarrassed that Yoonji felt like it was her duty to take care of her. She really was weak…

 

Yoonji carefully rubbed at Jimin’s lower back and watched as she sacked slightly at some of the tension being released in her back, and she leaned down press a kiss onto Jimin’s side, humming lightly. She wasn’t going to pry at Jimin open up, but she wanted her to know that would be there if she felt okay enough to talk to her. She was in a fragile state, and Yoonji didn’t want to push her and be the reason for more tears.

 

“W-why are you here, Unnie?” Yoonji blinked at Jimin’s question, sitting straight up to look at the singer whose gaze remained trained on the bedding beneath her, and the elder’s mind raced with different interpretations and answers to the simple, yet heart breaking question—what exactly was she asking?
 

“Sh-shouldn’t it be obvious?” Yoonji asked carefully as she reached up to run her fingers through the tips of Jimin’s hair.

 

Her shoulders hunched in response as Jimin hid her face, and the elder tried to calmly swallow the lump forming in at the thought of her royally messing this—whatever they were—up. Neither of them put a defining mark on their status, so it was hard to distinctly refer to the other as their girlfriend, but they didn’t care. They didn’t care because when Jimin reaches for Yoonji’s hand as they wait back stage, Yoonji squeezes it back; and when Yoonji comes home late from the studio, Jimin is always waiting on the couch for her, smiling and opening her arms for cuddles after particularly grueling sessions. In a way, what she was doing now, combing at Jimin’s hair and holding a bag full of various chocolates and snacks was Yoonji’s way of wanting to take care of the younger…Because she—

 

“Y-you shouldn’t have to take care of me,” Jimin whimpered through soft sobs, though everything was partially muffled into the pillow.

 

Yoonji gulped, drying more at the sounds coming from Jimin’s mouth. Poor, poor Jimin. She opened to speak, to rebuttal, “Jimin ah, it’s not like that—”

 

“Y-you or any of the other unnies shouldn’t have to take care of me…” she sniffled and wiped at her eyes and nose. “I-I’m supposed to be strong and take care of myself. I shouldn’t be like this, and yet, here I am! Being so weak and so selfish…”

 

Yoonji hated how broken Jimin sounded as the younger trailed off until her voice just stopped working, like she let the entire world down and now carried that burden on her shoulders and chest. She could feel her heart breaking bit by bit at each crack and strain of Jimin’s voice. Jimin had always been regarded as one of strong members when it came to emotional and mental stability, always being to the one to go to when situations got tough. Yoonji had to admit, it was one of the things that allowed her to fall fir Jimin, but what made her fall hard was the fact that Jimin wasn’t always like that. Jimin had her moments of vulnerability where she needed assurance, and it made Yoonji’s heart swell whenever the younger would turn to her for guidance. Jimin was so small, so gentle, so fragile. Yoonji just wished she could stop beating herself up over those rare moments of weakness.

 

Yoonji shook her head and scooted toward her head so she could lean over to press a kiss to Jimin’s cheek. It was a soft, timid kiss, careful to avoid further upsetting her. Jimin sniffled and leaned into the kiss, turning her head to look at Yoonji, who was pulling back and smiling lightly. Jimin had a look of vulnerability plastered over her typically bubbly exterior, and as she blinked up at Yoonji with her wide, teary brown eyes, the elder felt herself melting into a pile of goo. How did Park Jimin, of all people, have this power over her?

 

“Jiminnie…” Yoonji’s voice was soft, matching the fragile atmosphere, and she rubbed at Jimin’s shoulder, dropping another feathered kiss against her skin. From this close proximity, she could see the flush on Jimin’s cheek and the slight smile trying to tug onto her trembling lips. Yoonji couldn’t tell if she was smiling because of the kisses (because Jimin loved it when Yoonji kissed her cheeks and shoulders and every inch of her being) or because Yoonji called her ‘Jiminnie’ (because Yoonji only called her that when she felt the most in love, and it would leave Jimin swooning).

 

Jimin turned her body some, hand moving to hold the heating pad against her pelvis as she exposes more of herself to Yoonji, shivering at the feeling of the elder’s cold hand cupping her warm cheeks. She felt safe, comfortable, but it didn’t stop the intrusive thoughts from jabbing at her esteem.

 

“Jiminnie,” the elder started again and noticed how Jimin swallowed slowly as her gaze wandered all over her face, hands twitching to touch Yoonji, anything, but they stayed put at against the heating pad, “I’m here because I want to be.” Jimin opened to protest, a whimper leaving before Yoonji hastily continued. “I’m here because I know you’re beating yourself up over this.”

 

She watched the younger close and avert her gaze as if she were ashamed. Yoonji caressed her cheek with her thumb to let her know that it was okay…Jimin was okay.

 

“I-I shouldn’t have sat out today…” Jimin’s voice was delicate, quiet. Yoonji was sure if anything else made noise she wouldn’t have heard what Jimin said.

 

Yoonji shook her head and continued rubbing her thumb over her cheek, feeling the slight swelling of acne beneath the padding of her finger. “No one is mad, or even remotely upset at you for sitting out.” Yoonji smiled lightly at her, her grin matching the love dripping from her gaze. “We would have made you sit out anyway if you tried to push yourself too much. You’re human, Jimin. A woman.” Yoonji leaned down to gently knock her forehead against Jimin’s, humming. “I know you don’t enjoy being like this…” she pulled back slightly when Jimin started whining and had moved to start pushing her hair away from her face, “but you’re not weak for allowing yourself to rest, and I’m very,” she pressed a kiss to Jimin’s forehead for emphasis, “very proud of you for letting me see you.”

 

Jimin sniffled in response, hot tears spilling out of the corners of her eyes, as she watched the face hovering over top of hers. “W-why?” her voice came out hoarse. “I’m supposed to be strong. I’m supposed to be up helping with the dances. I’m not supposed to be like…this…”

 

The elder sighed softly and rested her chin against Jimin’s shoulder, this stupid, love sick smile hanging loosely on her lips. “Yeah, but…” she put the bag from the convenient store on the ground and moved to spoon Jimin, wrapping an arm around her waist, “even I can’t be strong all of the time. You don’t have to be strong all the time, especially when you’re on your period, baby.” she moved locks of orange hair out of the way so she could kiss the back of the younger’s neck. “This time …It’s hard and you feel gross, I know. You’re brave, Jiminnie, really. We’re all proud of you.”

 

Yoonji heard soft whimpers and sniffles coming from the younger, but Jimin’s hand came up to cover hers, squeezing it lightly.  She hummed softly as Jimin’s leg slide back between Yoonji’s, and the younger curled herself back against her as she calmed down. There were no words exchanged between them, and there didn’t need to be, not when Jimin felt so loved and so nice in just Yoonji’s arms. Her arms were always safe, warm, and it felt okay to be weak and vulnerable, despite Jimin wanting nothing more than to be anything but this. Yoonji made her want to knock her guard down. Jimin wanted to take off her armor and shed her skin to show the elder everything she had to offer. She wanted to strip down and watch Yoonji trace and count every blemish and mark because she was so in love with her, so in love with Min Yoonji, the soft, bad rapper of their group.

 

Jimin held the heating pad against her as she turned over to face Yoonji, who welcomed her with a gentle smile. The elder reached up to wipe at her cheek, and the gesture was so pure, but it made Jimin’s stomach flutter. So much so, she couldn’t stop herself from curling her fingers into Yoonji’s shirt and pulling her into a kiss. It was a soft, but needy kiss, and each time the younger’s mouth touched hers, Yoonji could feel her breath leave her. There was something euphoric, relieving about kissing Jimin—like all the tension in the world vanished without a trace.

 

There was nothing better than Jimin’s lips; how her pillow soft, puff ones fit so nicely over top of Yoonji’s own smaller ones. It was nice that they were so used to exchanging these touches that they knew when to move, to pull back and start again. Each kiss in itself was like a touch of heaven, and Yoonji was on a cloud, soaring high until Jimin was there to ground her, to catch her, to love her. She pulled back to give Jimin a wide grin and let her own hand curl behind in the younger’s faded orange hair, to which made Jimin let out a small whimper as she opened her eyes to look at Yoonji—but she was smiling. There was an actual smile (a closed mouth one, but a smile nonetheless) on Jimin’s face, and the elder was ecstatic.

 

Jimin hummed and leaned forward to nuzzle her nose against Yoonji’s, loosening her grip on the elder’s shirt to hold her waist instead. Jimin was so in love, it was sick, but being in love with Yoonji allowed her to see the completely sappy side even the fans didn't get to see. What an honor. She pecked her lips a few more times before letting out a soft moan and adjusting her hips as pain shot through her pelvis area like a missile.

 

Yoonji immediately sat up some and rested on her elbow before leaning over and grabbing the bag from earlier. “I got you some chocolate and chips. I also got you that milk drink you really like and some…” Yoonji was rifling through the bag as she spoke, her husky voice trailing, and Jimin couldn’t help but to laugh out of love as she watched her.

 

“Unnie,” Jimin said softly, and the elder frozen for a moment before looking up at the girl she was so in love with, blinking in confusion as Jimin grinned in triumph, “I’ll only accept all of this if you tell me you love me and cuddle me for the rest of the day!”

 

Jimin laughed more at the seemingly unamused look that melted over Yoonji’s current expression. It was comical, this whole thing and how they were with one another, but they were so in love. There was no rhyme or reason why they worked so well, or why they put up with one another, but they did, and it sure was something else. Yoonji set the bag in between them and leaned down and put her arms down on either side of Jimin’s head, caging the younger beneath her. To Yoonji, relationships didn’t matter much to her, but they had each other—even if they never put a name on it—and Yoonji couldn’t be more pleased.

 

“You already know I do,” and she sealed it with a kiss.

 

 


This is cross posted on tumblr and AO3!