The First Time Meeting You

Times New Roman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little boy, running towards the door of the house, being followed by his parents. Seokjin was looking out of the window of his room and saw the new people who just moved in.

 

It was a nice day. It was mid-summer, schools were closed and kids were playing outside. Seokjin was inside, though. He didn't like going outside as much as he wanted to. He didn't really have somebody to do anything with. Everybody he knew either lived on the other side of town, or were on vacation to another country. His parents weren't home as much as they would like to be. Their family needed all the extra money they could get. Seokjin knew how much they were struggling for money, despite being only 10, that's why he never asked something during holidays, or birthdays. At the moment, he had babysitter who sent him upstairs because he was bothering her while she was watching her movie.

 

There weren't a lot of kids in their neighbourhood. If there were, his parents could leave Seokjin with them so they didn't have to pay as much money for a babysitter and maybe eventually actually being able to spend a whole day with Seokjin.

 

There was a man, a woman, and a boy. They looked tired, they probably had to travel for a long time. Just when they opened the gates, a small truck drove by and parked in front of their house. People began unloading the truck. The little boy from earlier, who Seokjin spotted the second he jumped out of the car, was playing in the grass. He had this little device in his hands. The boy suddenly jumped up and ran to his mother, showing her the screen. Seokjin has seen one of those before. A lot of people in his class had one of those. It was a DS. One of his friends, Yoongi, let him play once. Yoongi showed him a game where he just had to parkour. It had a man with a red outfit, friendly mushrooms, deadly mushrooms, princesses, and so much more. He had a lot of fun that day.

 

The boy gave the device to his mother and started exploring the place. When the boy entered the house, Seokjin decided it was enough. All he could see now were people moving boxes. Besides, he got called down for lunch. One good thing about his babysitter was that she actually did try to keep him alive and didn't just sit in his house while doing nothing. She was a great cook, actually. Seokjin had to stay with her a lot so most of the time they ate lunch and dinner together. But that's basically the only thing they ever do. He often had to go to his room because he was 'bothering her' and things like that.

 

Seokjin sat at the dinner table and his babysitter, Gahyoung, put a plate  in front of his nose. It was filled with vegetables and it had toast on it. Gahyoung put some other toppings on the table so Seokjin could choose and they ate in silence, like always. Seokjin always finished his food. He loved food. Whenever his parents were home, they cooked together. Seokjin already knew how to do quite some things in the kitchen, though, he wasn't allowed to do that without his parents who would watch him do it.

 

After a few minutes, both of their plates were half empty. Seokjin decided to ask Gahyoung why they never did something fun together, it was summer after all. She just gave him a glance and continued eating without saying a word. Gahyoung was already done with eating before Seokjin was. She put her plate in the sink and turned to Seokjin.

 

"Listen kid, I am going to take a nap now, when you're finally done, be an angel and wash the dishes, yeah? When you're done with that, go back to your room. I don't want to be waken up. You hear me?" She told him.  Seokjin just nodded, too scared to go against her word. She was nice when his parents were there, she wasn't really as nice when they were alone. One time when Seokjin confronted her about it, she just laughed and said that if he even tried  to tell his parents, she'll get very, very, mad. Seokjin decided not to try and pass the safe zone.

Gahyoung walked back to the living room and Seokjin saw her lay done on the couch. Seokjin really started to hate her. But this is the only babysitter his parents are able to afford, so he just kept his mouth shut, for now.

 

Lunch was done, the dishes were washed. He ended up having to stand on one of the chairs, which he silently brought over to the sink, just to reach it. He was taller than the average 10 year old, but I mean, he's 10, of course he's not going to be able to reach the sink just yet, especially because everything was a tiny bit higher than an average kitchen should be (his parents were just very tall, that's why everything was higher than usual).

 

He walked over to the living room, not before placing the chair he used back to its original place, and walked as slow as possible to his room. He was alm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter