The First Time We Went To The Beach

Times New Roman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It really was too hot to do anything. Namjoon and Seokjin were sitting on the couch in Namjoon's living room. Seokjin's parents were just as always at work, so he could stay at Namjoon's house. It had been a few weeks since Seokjin met Namjoon, but they've been attached to each other ever since. The day Seokjin went back from Namjoon's house when they moved in, his mother got very, very mad at Gahyoung for not knowing where Seokjin was. Luckily, Seokjin knew how worried his mom could get at times which is why he left the note. Ever since, his mother decided to only let Gahyoung babysit if it was really necessary and if it happened again, she'd have to look for another job. Suhyeon had offered, a week after that, to let Seokjin be at their house. Their sons were friends already, and the mothers already knew each other well despite only knowing each other for a little over a week.

Seokjin's father also got a promotion. They'd get more money and Seokjin would get to see his father a bit more.

 

Kangmin walked in the room and stopped when he saw the two boys. They just moved in, so they don't have anything to cool the house down, sadly. All they had were boxes which they used as personal fans, it wasn't much, but it was something. It seemed like the summer would only get hotter and hotter, even though it's almost autumn. The school would start soon. Seokjin never really liked school. He liked learning about things, he liked education. What he didn't like, however, was being alone all the time. Sure, he had Yoongi, sometimes. Yoongi had his own friends, Jimin and Taehyung. Seokjin isn't jealous, he swears he isn't. But maybe, maybe this year would be different. Over the weeks he had learned Namjoon would go to the same school as him, just two years below him. He finally wouldn't be alone all the time during breaks. He'd have people to talk to.

 

Namjoon's dad walked towards the kitchen, where his wife was. She was pouring the self-made lemonade in 4 long glasses. Kangmin immediately took out the ice from the freezer, because he knows his wife always puts ice blocks in lemonade, even during the coldest winters. She thanked him quietly and put 3 ice blocks in each of their glasses. She gave him two of the four glasses, telling him to bring them to the kids. He did what he was told and as on cue, the boys entered the kitchen. When they saw the glasses filled with the cold liquid, their eyes lit up. The glasses were handed to them and they thanked Suhyeon and Kangmin. They walked back to the living room, carefully, they didn't want to drop the cold drinks they oh so desperately needed.

 

While the boys were enjoying the cold drink they got, Kangmin and Suhyeon were planning something in the kitchen. They started to brainstorm about the things they could do so they could actually have fun during the summer holidays. Maybe they should talk to Seokjin's parents as well. They could do something together. For now they just had to make lots of drinks and not lose their cardboard fans.

Now, it wasn't like it was too hot outside. It was on the border of 'It's so nice outside! Let's barbecue and invite our neighbours' and 'I'm sweating so much I'd love to go inside and do nothing but cool down,' which would be a weird thing to say in real life. They probably wouldn't be as sticky from their sweat if they didn't have to keep the doors open so they could bring all their furniture in.

 

Seokjin sat down on the ground after finishing his glass of lemonade. Namjoon was laying on the couch, all spread out because 'he wouldn't feel as sticky anymore'. They tried to sit as far as possible from each other so it wouldn't get any hotter, it's not really working. It's still just as hot and it's annoying. It destroyed Seokjin's good mood because he didn't like sitting still all day. Namjoon offered going to his bedroom, so they could pick something out to do. Entering the room was quite refreshing to say the least. Namjoon's bedroom was cooler than the living room, both temperature and furniture wise. Namjoon got to pick out the colour of his room, which ended up with two light blue and 2 grey walls, the rest of his room obviously matched with it.

This time, Namjoon sat down on the ground while Seokjin laid down on the bed. It was pretty silent in the room. They only heard the people outside talk about how they should bring in that massive bed that they constructed outside because it would’ve been to hot inside to do it. Suddenly, Namjoon stood up from his place on the ground and began looking through some of the boxes and because of his enthusiasm, Seokjin got very curious about what Namjoon was searching. At some point, Namjoon found what he was looking for, a book. It was a big, brown book. The book had golden sides and the cover had a bit of dust on it. It looked like a photobook.

 

“When we decided to move, we had to throw out all kinds of stuff we didn’t need. When I went to the attic to look for an extra box, I found this,” He showed off the book and flipped the pages very fast. “It’s an empty photobook. I wanted to keep it so I could store all the pictures I make. A few minutes ago, I got an idea, but promise not to laugh at it!” Seokjin nodded and sat up straight, waiting for whatever Namjoon had to say.

“Okay, so. I wanted to fill this photobook with pictures, like I mentioned before. But I want to do it with you. Like, it could be our thing. We could take pictures of us and when we are older we could look through it and it’ll remind us of our friendship. B-But only if you want to of course.” Namjoon looked away shyly. Despite knowing each other for only a few weeks, he already felt like they would be best friends forever. Seokjin and Namjoon were so different yet they could always agree somehow.

 

Seokjin sat closer to Namjoon and said, ”Of course we could do that, when do we start? And how do we start? We don’t have a camera…” Seokjin looked at Namjoon with a slight pout. Namjoon lit up after Seokjin’s answer. “My mom works at an electronic shop! She got one from her work and she always lets me use it if I ever want to take a picture of something. There are also stores where we could print them out so we could put them in here!”

 

“Oh! Maybe we can also put a little description of what happened that day! So future-us remember it better. Oh! Oh! We could also make a list we would want to do together! And put it in here! Then, after we did it, we put the pictures in here and cross out the thing, then see how we can do the next one.” Namjoon let out a small gasp and a big smile was put on his face. He quickly went back to the opened box and pulled out a small notebook and a pen. He handed it to Seokjin.

 

“That’s a good idea, hyung! You’re amazing at creating ideas. We should also put the dates on it. So we know how long ago it happened. The things we put in here should be things we did together even if it wouldn’t be on this list. Though, I don’t really know what we could do.” Namjoon started to thing. What would he want to do with Seokjin? Everything! He’d love to do as much as possible with his hyung.

 

“Hmm, me too. Maybe things like… I don’t know. Going on vacation together? Stay at the zoo from opening time to closing time? Those are things I’d like to do, at least. Should I put them on the list?”

 

“Those sound fun! Also, maybe just simple things? Like…. spending 5 Christmas’ together? Those are doable? Right?”

 

They ended up creating many, many other things they could do. Some were more doable than the other, but that didn’t matter. Soon enough, Seokjin’s mother got h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter