Falling Back In Place

Falling back in place

 

On 6 November 2005, SM Entertainment released the largest project group of twelve people. Twelve boys, having the average age of 19 years old. They were supposed to change members every three months. Each member was talented at different things—singing, dancing, hosting, you name it. These men depended on each other, because they all knew they will be separated one day.

Super Junior 05, that was what they were called. The 05 at the end meant that in 2006, there would be members that would be added or removed. The boys held on to one another’s hands as they waited in the meeting room a few months later. Leeteuk, the leader of Super Junior 05, held back his tears. After spending months with these boys, it was also hard to part with them. The thought of having to part with one another, made the boys very depressed. After all, they had been trainees for many years, and Super Junior 05 was supposed to be the biggest break they've been waiting for.

The boys looked up when their boss, Lee Soo Man, followed by a few of their managers and a boy who they had not seen before, walked into the room. “From today on, the thirteen of you will be together officially as a group. Super Junior 05 would no longer be a project group; instead, you will officially be known as Super Junior." The CEO turned to the new boy and gestured for him to come close. "Introduce yourself to them.”

The new boy took a step forward and politely bowed to them.

“Hi… I … I am Cho Kyuhyun, I will be joining you guys from now on.” The boy, Kyuhyun, stood up straight after the introduction.

“What can you do?” Came a deep voice from amongst the twelve boys.

“I… I can sing.” Kyuhyun replied timidly as twelve pairs of eyes stared at him. Just then, the boss and the managers left the room to allow the boys to introduce themselves to the newcomer.

“Can you sing a little for us, then?” Came a soft and gentle voice from the corner. Kyuhyun sang his favorite song for his new group mates to hear, hoping that they would treat him well even though he was new.

As he finished, the members started to introduce themselves one by one. The first to introduce himself was the leader, Leeteuk, who was the oldest among the twelve boys. When it was the seventh member’s turn, Kyuhyun can’t help but stare at him.

He was clad in a pink shirt and simple blue jeans, had a beautiful pair of fox-like eyes and possessed a gentle voice. Lee Sungmin was his name.

Kyuhyun watched as Sungmin’s lips pulled into a smile. He felt as though the smile had filled the entire room with energy. Although Kyuhyun knew it was wrong, he knew that in that instance that he liked the latter. Kyuhyun had to pull out all the willpower in him to stop staring at the boy. Even though his eyes turned to the next member, his mind was filled with the image of Lee Sungmin.

Once all the original members were done introducing themselves, they walked out of the room without saying a word to Kyuhyun. It didn't surprise Kyuhyun, though; he can understand why the members acted that way. After all, having twelve members meant that they had to split their earnings between them. With a new addition to the team, it meant they will earn less.

Kyuhyun followed silently as they headed back to their dormitory. Because Kyuhyun was new, they did not have any room or bed for him to sleep on. He had to constantly transfer rooms, sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

 

A few days after Kyuhyun moved into the dormitories, Sungmin had been one of the members who first spoke to Kyuhyun and had gotten to know the boy better. He noticed how Kyuhyun would wince when he woke up the next morning, stretching his sore back. He decided that he will share his bed with Kyuhyun, just so that his back won’t ache the next day. After all, it is uncomfortable to sleep on the floor, right?

One night, when Kyuhyun was unrolling his sleeping bag in between Donghae and Sungmin’s bed, Sungmin sat up and looked at Kyuhyun. “Hey, Kyuhyun, if you're uncomfortable sleeping on the floor, you can take my bed.”  

Kyuhyun looked up at the boy who had spoken, gratitude and happiness filling his eyes. Then again, he can't just simply take his hyung’s bed, right?

“It’s okay, Sungmin hyung. Thanks for the offer though.” Kyuhyun smiled at the older boy, who was looking at him from his bed. When Kyuhyun refused the offer, Sungmin then offered to share his bed with Kyuhyun. To which, Kyuhyun said no to, yet again.

Sungmin, however, was insistent on sharing his bed with Kyuhyun, and eventually, the younger boy relented.

After a few nights of sleeping next to the older boy, he woke up in a cold sweat. He was, after all, a teenage boy with raging hormones. He should have known sleeping next to Sungmin would bring him a little problem. Hence, he decided he will only sleep on Sungmin’s bed when the latter is out for schedules.

Sungmin noticed, but chose not to let Kyuhyun know, thinking that the younger probably felt awkward and needed some space.


 

♥ミ

 

One day, he was sitting in the living room with some of the hyungs when Leeteuk complained that he was hungry. Kyuhyun, being the newest and the youngest, offered to cook for them, to which Leeteuk agreed. And so, he walked to the kitchen, scratching his head. He had never cooked instant noodles for such a huge group before. Hence, he added too much water and the noodles could barely be seen.

Leeteuk walked into the kitchen at that time with a pair of chopsticks in his hands. He took a look at the bowl placed on the table and threw the chopsticks on the floor.

“If you can’t even properly cook instant noodles, then don’t offer to cook at all.” Leeteuk reprimanded the younger before storming out of the kitchen.

Kyuhyun did not know what to do, so he sat on the floor, his head buried in his palms and wept.

That same night, Kyuhyun went out and roamed the streets. His mind was filled with all of the mean words the hyungs have given him.

Kyuhyun cried as he remembered how on his second day as a trainee, he ran into Super Junior who were said to be very busy. He remembered how Leeteuk berated him for being rude when he greeted them.

Or that afternoon in a dressing room when Kangin pushed him to the side because he was ‘getting in his way.’

He walked into the convenience store that was nearby and bought two bottles of soju.   

Even though he knew about the policy of not going back to the dorms drunk, Kyuhyun was so bothered that he didn’t care if he was a minor. He drank without a care for the world before going back to dorm, still a sobbing mess.

Kyuhyun walked into Ryeowook’s room as he returned to the dorm, laid down beside him, and cried, “Hyung… I’m tired… Why is it so hard?”

Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun in pity and patted him on the shoulder. “What happened?”

“Leeteuk hyung…” Ryeowook heard Kyuhyun mumble. Soon, Kyuhyun's shoulders stopped trembling and his sobbing grew quiet. Ryeowook rubbed his forehead just as he noticed Sungmin walking past his room.

“Minnie hyung.” Ryeowook called out, causing the older man to peek on the door.

“Yes, Wookie?” Sungmin asked before he eyes caught sight of Kyuhyun who was lying on Ryeowook’s bed. “What happened?”

Ryeowook told his hyung what happened when he was out for practice.

“Leeteuk hyung told him off for adding too much water into the ramyeon?” Sungmin repeated, his fox-like eyes widening at the information. Ryeowook nodded and looked down at Kyuhyun.

“Hyung, can I sleep in your room tonight? I don’t think I have enough space to sleep here…” When Sungmin nodded his head in approval, Ryeowook scooted and stood up from his bed.

 

A soft knock on the door caused Leeteuk to look up from his book. Heechul, who looked like he was about to go out, opened the door of their shared room. The two men watched as Sungmin walked in and sat on Leeteuk’s bed.

“Teukie hyung, I heard you scolded Kyuhyun earlier.” Sungmin said slowly, looking at his hyung with caution. “Don’t be so mean to him, hyung… We will stay together from now on, I don’t want Kyuhyun to hate you…”

Sungmin knew that Leeteuk was only putting on a strong act to protect himself. He can't blame their leader for his hostility towards Kyuhyun, but he should be more considerate of their newest member.

Leeteuk watched as Sungmin, who was like his middle child, plead him silently. Leeteuk nodded and decided to listen to Sungmin. After all, Sungmin was probably the most well-behaved member of their team. The aegyo boy would do anything to make his hyungs happy.

Heechul approached them and patted Sungmin on the head.

“Yah! Don’t sulk! It doesn't fit your image at all! Now, cook many pumpkins and fill our tummies.” Heechul joked as he said Sungmin’s pet phrase.

Sungmin giggled a little at Heechul’s joke and stood up walking out of their rooms. “I won’t cook for you anymore if you guys continue to bully our maknae! Goodnight, Teukie hyung. Goodnight Heechul hyung.” Sungmin gave them his brightest smile and closed the door.

After that, the boys started to treat Kyuhyun better than before. They knew that the band is officially formed and they would not be parting from one another, anyway. They practiced their dance steps together, went for variety shows together and recorded their songs together. The time they had spent together caused the members to open up to Kyuhyun a little more.

Kyuhyun found out about what Sungmin did through Ryeowook, so he began opening up to their aegyo king.

 

It was on May 2006 when Super Junior made their comeback and won the netizens' award for the very first time. Kyuhyun held back his tears as he watched the other members shed tears. He felt that since he was the newest member, he should not cry. He doesn't have the right to.

He placed his arm around his now best friend, Sungmin, when he saw that the latter was crying. He was shocked when they went backstage and Leeteuk told him that it was alright to cry. He did well and he deserved the achievement.

Kyuhyun cried a lot that day as he let out all the stress that he had kept inside. Finally, he felt like he was accepted by his groupmates.

 

♥ミ

 

One day in 2007, after Kyuhyun had just returned to the dorms after completing his schedule. He walked over to his computer and opened the Chunji Radio livestream where Sungmin and Sooyoung were the DJs. He typed in his message when it came to the message section and waited for them to read his message. Kyuhyun watched every single move Sungmin made, biting his lip as he waited for them to call him. Kyuhyun loved Sungmin more than the older could comprehend, which was also why he made frequent calls to Chunji Radio when he had the time.

He smiled as he spoke on the phone with Sungmin. As he watched Sungmin smile brightly, he knew he wanted Sungmin more than anybody else.   

 

That night, when Sungmin came home after his schedules, Kyuhyun knew that Sungmin would not turn on the lights to avoid waking Kyuhyun up. So, the evil maknae hid behind the door and waited for Sungmin to come in.

When the door opened and Sungmin walked in, Kyuhyun closed the door silently, sneaked over to his hyung and surprised him with a back hug. He could feel the man flinch a bit at the sudden contact before slowly relaxing in his arms.

“Why are you still awake, Kyu?” Sungmin could feel his face heating up due to the close proximity of their bodies. Sungmin had liked Kyuhyun for quite a while now as well. They had been close enough to know everything about each other. The members would always joke that the both of them are like an inseparable couple.

Kyuhyun turned Sungmin around to face him, leaned down and pressed a kiss on the older man’s lips.

“I love you, hyung, and I know you love me too. So, will you be mine?” Kyuhyun asked, his lips still ghosting over Sungmin’s.

He smiled when the older man nodded. He led the man over to the bed, lying him down gently before climbing on top of him. Kyuhyun leaned down and pressed his lips onto Sungmin’s parted ones. They kissed with fervor, pulling away every once in awhile to breathe. That night, they made love and fell asleep in each other’s arms.

 

♥ミ

 

A few days later, Sungmin had just finished his schedule when he saw his manager walking up to him, panic written on his face.

“Sungmin! Hurry! Let’s go!”

Sungmin blinked, slightly confused. He was about to enter the van when his phone rang. “Min! Where are you now??” Sungmin heard Eunhyuk's shaky voice.

“I just ended Chunji. What happened, Hyuk?” Sungmin asked entering the van and his manager sped off.

“Kyu… Kyuhyun, we met an accident!! Leeteuk hyung and Kyuhyun are in a critical condition!” Eunhyuk managed to say between sobs.

Sungmin dropped the phone.

Just a few days ago, Kyuhyun and Sungmin just got together and now…

Kyuhyun… Please be alright… I’m coming for you… wait for me, my love… wait for me… God, please protect Kyuhyun and let him be alright. Sungmin silently prayed, tears streaming down his cheeks.

As soon as the van reached the hospital, Sungmin ran to the emergency room right away. When he saw his bandmates, he sank on the floor and cried. Heechul walked over to him and brought him into a hug as Sungmin sobbed in his embrace.

Sungmin soon found out that the front tire of the van they were in had burst and the van hit the guard railings and overturned. Out of the four members that were involved in the accident, Kyuhyun was the most injured one. Sungmin cried even harder when he found out that Kyuhyun only had a 20% survival rate.

 

For the next few days, Sungmin stayed outside the ICU, waiting. He refused to eat or drink anything the other members brought him. He just sat outside and cried silently.

Kyuhyun had been in a coma for four days and Sungmin felt like a part of him died. His boyfriend was lying on the hospital bed, while Sungmin was well and fit. Sungmin can't control his tears as he followed Leeteuk, who was on a wheelchair, to see Kyuhyun. And once he saw the state of the maknae, he wrapped his arms around his leader and cried even harder. His heart was torn apart at the sight of his love lying on that bed, heavily-bruised and lifeless.

Leeteuk tightened his grip on Sungmin as he cried with the latter. He was the one who told the paramedics at the site to save Kyuhyun first. Leeteuk knew that if they had not helped him in time, Kyuhyun would have…

Leeteuk cried silently as he looked around the room. When Sungmin pulled away from him, the younger knelt before his leader. “Hyung… I’m glad you are alright… Thank you, hyung…” Sungmin said in between sobs.  

“Min-ah, you should eat something. We can’t have both you and Kyuhyun feeling down… You have to be strong for him, Min.” Heechul said, tugging Sungmin up. As Heechul still had the metal rods from the accident that he was in, he could not bend down to hold him. Heechul brought Sungmin up to stand, and then pulls him into a hug. It broke his heart as well, seeing his second favourite dongsaeng devastated.

He sat Sungmin down on a nearby chair and handed him the cup of coffee that they had bought for him.

“Drink it or I will make you drink it.” He threatened when Sungmin refused it at first.

Sungmin took the cup of coffee and stared at it.

“I’m going to bring Teukie back to his room… I will come back soon ok, Min?” Heechul gently placed a hand on Sungmin’s shoulder before turning to push Leeteuk back to his room.

A few days later, Kyuhyun’s condition improved and he was moved to the regular ward. Sungmin sat by his side every single day, talking to him and waiting for him to wake up. The members knew that he wanted to stay with Kyuhyun, so they brought him clothes to change.

Kyu…please open your eyes and look at me… I miss you so much Kyu…  Sungmin held onto Kyuhyun’s hand and prayed silently.

 

One day, when Sungmin had just finished washing up, he cannot believe what he saw. Kyuhyun was looking at him, with his arm weakly reaching out to him.

Sungmin rushed to his side and grabbed his hand, crying, “Kyu… Kyu… thank god… thank god you woke up…”

Kyuhyun used his other hand and touched Sungmin’s hair. “I… Lo..ve you, Min-ah…” Kyuhyun tried saying as he breathed deeply through the inhaler.

He tried reaching higher, but Sungmin stopped him. “Don’t…” Sungmin pleaded silently.

Understanding what his lover meant, Kyuhyun lowered his hand and rubbed the tears off of Sungmin’s face. “I love you … Sungmin… Don’t… cry anymore…”

Sungmin nodded and wiped his tears off his face. “Get some rest, Kyu…” Kyuhyun nodded slowly, and closed his eyes. Sungmin watched as Kyuhyun fell asleep.

The moment Kyuhyun's breathing evened out, Sungmin walked over to the window, happily taking in the view outside before fishing his phone out from his pocket. He had to inform everyone that Kyuhyun just woke up.

 

♥ミ

 

During the Sorry Sorry promotions, Sungmin received many gifts from his fans and most of it were pink.

“Kyu! The fans bought me so many pink things! Look at this! It is a pink one piece dress, omo!” Sungmin took out the dress and showed it to Kyuhyun, who was watching him, amused.

Kyuhyun reached out for the dress and observed it, his eyes darting from the dress to Sungmin. He then smirked and stood up.

“Min, why don't you try it on?” Sungmin totally read Kyuhyun’s mind seeing the smug look on his lover’s face.

“You want me to wear that? You are not thinking of something , aren't you?” Sungmin asked, blushing slightly at the thought.

Recently, Kyuhyun had been pretty aggressive but Sungmin secretly likes it.

“You like it too, hyung,” Kyuhyun moved closer to Sungmin, hugging him from behind and whispered on his ear. “Come on, Minnie. Try it on. I wanna see you in it!”

Kyuhyun grinned like a kid as his lover sighed heavily and changed clothes.

“Oh my gosh, Baby, you look stunning in it.” Kyuhyun cannot peel his eyes off Sungmin. Kyuhyun can already feel his problem down there and staring at Sungmin just makes it worse.

“Damn, Min. You have to wear this every day.” Sungmin can see the lust in Kyuhyun’s eyes as he looked at him.

“Hold on… If I wear it every day… does that mean that you'd jump me every day, too?” Sungmin squeaked, his face turning even redder.

Kyuhyun reached for his hyung, pulled Sungmin to the bed, and straddled Sungmin. “Come on baby, you love it.” Kyuhyun winked at him before dipping in to steal a kiss from Sungmin.


 

♥ミ


 

“Kyu… Are you feeling better?” Sungmin asked as soon as he entered their shared room. He cannot help but feel sad and depressed whenever Kyuhyun had to undergo ear surgery, rendering him unable to perform with them. They just had their comeback with Bonamana and Kyuhyun have only performed one week with them.

Kyuhyun looked up from his laptop and paused his game. “It doesn't hurt much anymore. I watched the performance just now, you did very well, baby.”

Kyuhyun reached out and held his lover by his waist. “You were fantastic, so don’t doubt yourself, okay, baby?” Sungmin nodded and looked at his lover.

Sungmin’s heart broke when Kyuhyun first told him that he had to undergo another surgery. It was painful to see Kyuhyun suffering.

“Baby, don’t you have a guesting in an hour’s time? You should go and prepare for it.”

Kyuhyun stood up and pulled his lover into an embrace, pressing his lips on Sungmin’s. “I’ll see you tonight, baby.” Kyuhyun whispered as he turned Sungmin around and pushed him out of the room before Sungmin could protest.

 

♥ミ

 

Sungmin walked into the studio for his musical practice for the Three Musketeers. He greeted all the staff and his co-actors who were present in the hall, before sitting on the floor.

He took his script out from his bag and read it. Just then, a shadow loomed over Sungmin’s script. Sungmin looked up and saw his fellow musical actress standing in front of him. “Sungmin-shii, can we talk?”

Sungmin stood up and they walked out of the studio.

“What’s up, noona?” Sungmin smiled at the actress, when they were out of the studio.

“Sungmin, I like you. Will you be my boyfriend?” Kim Saeun asked, handing him the card that she had written for Sungmin.

Sungmin scratched the back of his head, dumbfounded. “I’m sorry noona, but I already have someone I like.” Sungmin bowed slightly and excused himself, not seeing the look that Saeun was giving him. I will make you mine, no matter what it takes.

 

As days went by, Sungmin distanced himself from Saeun, simply because he had no feelings for her and his heart only belonged to one person.

One day, the lady pulled Sungmin out from the studio once again and pulled him into a kiss. Sungmin was shocked and he moved away as quickly as possible.

“Noona, I told you that I already have someone I like.” Sungmin said before walking away.

However, Saeun wasn't done yet.

“If you continue to reject me, I will give this photo to the media. You don't want that to happen, do you?”

Sungmin forced to calm himself down and glanced at the actress. “Try me.” He his heels and walked away.

Damn it. Why is it not working? He should be scared and he should have accepted me. I guess I have to find out who this person he likes is

So, Saeun had Sungmin investigated, to the point that she stalked the guy. She saw many articles on the internet talking about Kyumin couple. Hence, she followed him and watched his every movement.

 

One day, Saeun caught Sungmin and Kyuhyun leaving their dorm room with their hands entwined together. She caught the perfect blackmail material to make him agree to accept her.

“You are gay, aren’t you?” She told him one day when she entered the studio’s waiting area.

Sungmin turned and looked at her, rolling his eyes. “What made you say that?”

Saeun walked up to him and showed him the photos she took. “What do you think the media will say when this gets released?” She asked with a smug look on her face. At that very moment, Sungmin snapped.

“If you think that doing all these things will make me like you, you are wrong.” Sungmin glared at her. “I will never like you.”

He his heels and was about to walk out when she spoke to someone on the phone. “Hi Reporter Kim, I have a very interesting scoop. I wonder—"

Sungmin snatched her phone away, ending the call and threw it on the floor. “What do you want.” Sungmin said through gritted teeth.

“I want you to be my boyfriend.” Saeun said without even batting her eyes.

Sungmin could feel as though his entire blood was boiling with anger. He took his belongings and rushed out of the waiting room.

Saeun knew that it won't be long before Sungmin becomes hers. She grinned; she always gets what she wants, no matter what methods she uses.

 

♥ミ

 

That night, Sungmin went to the bar near his dorm and had some drinks.

How can he protect Kyuhyun when he can’t even stop a scheming lady? If possible, Sungmin would rather himself to be hated than Kyuhyun.

Sungmin wouldn’t mind if that meant he could protect Kyuhyun from getting hurt again.

Sungmin cursed under his breath and downed more cups of soju. He did not even care when the alcohol seemed to burn his throat as he downed cup after cup. In his state of drunkenness, he took out his phone and dialed the number which was first on his speed dial list.

“Hello? Hyung? Where are you? Why aren’t you home yet?” Sungmin could hear the man’s panicked voice through the phone.

"Kyuuuu… I’m at the bar near our dorm…” Sungmin said between hiccups and giggles.

“Wha… wait for me, I will go over now.” Sungmin heard the click and placed his head on the table, sobbing quietly.

 

A few minutes later, Kyuhyun arrived.

“Hyung… Come on, let’s go home.” Kyuhyun said quietly as he lifted the drunk man from his seat. Muttering his apologies, he paid for the alcohol on the way out.

“What happened for him to be in this state?” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself as he helped his lover out of the bar.

Kyuhyun rang the doorbell, having no strength to take his keys out from his pocket. Ryeowook opened the door and was shocked at the sight of a drunk Sungmin.

He helped Kyuhyun take Sungmin to their room.

“What happened? Why is he so drunk?” Ryeowook asked the moment he laid Sungmin down on his bed.

“I have no idea, Wookie… He just called me and when I found him, he was already like this.” Kyuhyun looked at his lover, worry written clearly on his face. Ryeowook soon left the room and closed the door behind him, still very worried about his best friend.

“Kyuuuu…” Kyuhyun sat down the moment he heard his name being called.

“Yes, baby?” He rubbed his fingers on Sungmin’s forehead gently, hoping it will ease the older.

“I love you, Kyu… I can’t let you get hurt…” Sungmin mumbled as he pulled Kyuhyun down and smashed their lips together.

“Kyu…” Kyuhyun was shocked to see tears rolling down Sungmin’s cheeks. He used his fingers to rub the tears away from his lover’s face. Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun down into a kiss again, this time more aggressively. Soon, their clothes were discarded and Sungmin cried out Kyuhyun’s name many times that night.

 

♥ミ

 

Sungmin groaned when the sun's rays touched his face, his eyes irritated by the bright light. He opened his eyes and turned to his side. His head was pounding and his body was aching.

That was when reality hit him. He looked to his left and saw his lover sleeping soundly beside him. Ignoring the pain he felt, he traced his lover’s features with his fingers.

I love you, Kyuhyun… I will protect you. If anyone should be hated… It should be me… Sungmin wiped away the tears that were threatening to pour out of his eyes. He stared at his lover for a long hard minute before sitting up slowly, ignoring the pain in his body.

He gave Kyuhyun one last peck on the cheek before standing up and wore his clothes. I will always love you Kyuhyun, and it will only be you.

Sungmin took a bath after. His head and body still hurt like crazy, and he can't help but cry as he took his shower. He could not bear to lose his lover but it was the only way to protect him. He had no choice.

And so, he left the dormitory after.

“Let’s meet.” He told the person on the other side of the line.

 

He went to his car and drove towards their meeting place.

“So, have you made up your mind?” Sungmin glared at the lady, wishing he could wipe off that smug look on her face.

“Is that what you really want? You can have my body, but you will never have my heart. Are you sure you want that?”

Sungmin wished that she will change her mind.

“I like you and that’s all that matters. If I can’t have you, no one else can. If I have your body, your heart will eventually be mine.” She smirked at him.

“You are one scheming lady. You will never find happiness through force.”  Sungmin left the place and headed back to his car. He slammed his car door shut and drove off.

 

Sungmin sat in his car not knowing what to do. He was scared. He was about to break the heart of his only love.

He cried behind the steering wheel, banging his head on it in frustration. Why did it have to happen to him and Kyuhyun? They went through so much hardship together and now…

Sungmin took out his ringing phone and saw his lover’s face on it. He sobbed harder as he watched the call end. Sungmin buried his head on his arms, leaning on his steering wheel. Just then, a knock on the window made him turn and looked outside.

Ryeowook waited outside Sungmin’s car door as he watched his best friend cry his heart out. He knocked on the window and entered the car, sliding into the passenger’s seat. “Min-ah… What happened? Kyuhyun is worried because you won't answer his calls. I happened to just come home from my schedules…” Ryeowook pulled his best friend and made him look at him.

“Something definitely happened. Come on, tell me.” Sungmin looked at his best friend and sobbed, pulling him closer as he told him everything that had happened.

“She what?!” Ryeowook exclaimed, not believing everything he just heard. “How can a person be as evil as she is?”

Ryeowook hugged his best friend even closer, rubbing his back. “What are you going to do then?”

Ryeowook felt Sungmin’s body shake even more in his embrace.

“I… I have to protect him, Wook... I'd rather take the fall for it.”

“Don’t be an idiot, Lee Sungmin!” Ryeowook shouted shaking his friend by the shoulders.

“I have already decided, Wook…”   

 

♥ミ

 

The months and weeks that came after Sungmin broke up with Kyuhyun were the worst. Both of them never talked again, for they avoided each other like they were a plague.

Sungmin was also forced to meet Saeun often, taking photos he did not want to have and agreeing to things that he did not want. He felt like was a chess piece being controlled by a player.

As Super Junior prepared for their comeback, their members felt the hostility and the awkwardness between the once ideal couple. The only time the both of them were found in the same room was when they have recordings.

One day, during their third week of comeback for Mamacita, the news about him dating Saeun was leaked out to the public. Unfortunately, the timing of the release was bad.

The members and managers sat him down and talked to him about it. Sungmin could only confirm it, even though he felt like dying inside. Sungmin knew that Ryeowook was keeping it a secret for him, he trusted his best friend enough to know that. The only person who could have leaked out the news was that person.

That night, he stormed into her house and confronted her about it. Seeing her relaxed face made Sungmin want to punch her in her face, but he couldn't.

“What do you want from me.” Sungmin gritted his teeth and asked.

“Just tell them that we are engaged and we are going to get married.” Saeun replied with a smirk, which Sungmin wished he could wipe it off from her face.

Upon hearing that, Sungmin felt his blood boiling as he clenched his fist tightly, before turning and slamming the door behind him.

He had no choice but to obey her. He had never felt so helpless before.

Sungmin took out his phone and called his best friend.

 

♥ミ

 

“You are one big idiot, Lee Sungmin.” Ryeowook sighed as he placed his hand on Sungmin’s shoulder, when he walked over to the park where Sungmin was at. The wedding just ended and Sungmin did not want to go back home.

“Why won't you tell Kyuhyun? Hr would have helped you figure something out.”

Sungmin looked down at his hands and sighed. “You know I can’t, Wookie…”

“Ever since you moved out and stayed with your parents, that boy had been crying every night… We all heard it." Ryeowook sat down next to his big idiot of a best friend.

“Why not just tell Kyuhyun about it? If it's that hard for you to do, then let me help you.”

“What is it that you need to tell me?” Sungmin and Ryeowook both turned around in shock when they heard the voice.

“Kyu…” Sungmin covered his mouth with his hand when he saw the person he loved.

Kyuhyun, even though the makeup concealed his emotions, Sungmin can see the sorrow on his eyes.

“Kyuhyun-ah…” Ryeowook started, but stopped when Sungmin placed his hand on his shoulder.

“Talk to him, Min, or else I will tell him." Ryeowook stood up and walked away, giving the both of them space to talk.

Kyuhyun closed the distance between them and stood in front of Sungmin. “What is it that you have to tell me? Don’t start crying, Lee Sungmin. Don’t you dare.”

Kyuhyun shook Sungmin as the latter looked down, avoiding Kyuhyun’s eyes. “Do you know how hurt I am?!”

Kyuhyun blinked away the tears that were threatening to pour out. “Do you know it hurts more than all those surgeries? Do you know it felt worse than the accident? So, tell me, Lee Sungmin! Tell me what is it that you have to tell me!"

Kyuhyun knelt down in front of Sungmin, as his tears flowed down. Sungmin reached for Kyuhyun and pulled him into an embrace.

“I love you, Kyuhyun, but I can’t risk you getting hurt. I can’t let it happen again.” Sungmin sobbed and Kyuhyun cried even harder.

“But you've already hurt me… Losing you is already hurting me…” Kyuhyun said between sobs, his heart felt like it was torn into two.

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun… Please forget about me…” Sungmin pulled away and stood up, just as Kyuhyun reached out and pulled him back down into his arms.

“Don’t leave me, Min… Tell me it’s not true, tell me everything isn’t true…” Kyuhyun tightened his grip on Sungmin. “Please tell me, Min… What happened…”

“AHH!” Ryeowook suddenly shouted in anger, causing the two men to look at him. “I've had enough! I told you, Sungmin, if you won’t tell him, I will.” Ryeowook marched towards them and faced Kyuhyun.

“He married her not because he loves her, but it's because he wanted to protect you! If he won't marry her, she will tell the media that the both of you were dating. Damn it, why are all my friends such big idiots?!” Ryeowook turned and left in anger, leaving the two men alone.

“She what…?” Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, anger reflected in his eyes.

“You should have told me, Min. We could have thought of a plan, a way to get back at her.” Kyuhyun held Sungmin’s shoulders and shook him.

When Sungmin kept his silence, Kyuhyun pulled him into his arms. “I can’t lose you again, Min. Let me help you. Even if you have just gotten married, I can help you. Let me help you, Min.”

That night, Sungmin did not go home at all. He spent the entire night with Kyuhyun.

 

♥ミ

 

Sungmin stepped out of the army camp gates, still wearing his army uniform. He smiled and waved at his fans as they crowded around him.

“What do you plan to do now, Sungmin?” A reporter from behind the fans asked.

“I'm going to find my wife at our secret place.” Sungmin replied with a smile, he could hear a few groans from his fans but he only smiled at them.

“I’m home.” Sungmin called out as he walked into his room and changed out of his uniform. His wife walked in and gave him a hug.

“Welcome home.” Sungmin pushed her away and continued minding his business.

“I won’t be coming home tonight, you don’t have to wait for me.” He walked out of the room, not even bothering to spare her a glance before he left the house.

Sungmin got in his car and drove down the road that he had grown to be familiar with. His destination was the place Sungmin and Kyuhyun had bought a few months ago. A private villa near the coast.

He entered the house and closed the door, taking in the sight of the man standing in front of him with his arms stretched out. Sungmin smiled and went into his arms.

Things were slowly falling back into place. Even though Sungmin cannot get out of his toxic marriage yet, he had someone he can love and rely on the rest of his life.

They still had to keep their relationship a secret to everyone, but they never fail to show each other their undying love.


-The end-   

 

A.N: Thanks for reading :) I have said all that I needed to set in my forewords already haha. Thanks for reading <3 do comment and subscribe, I won't be posting this fic on my livejournal :) Once again thanks guys~