Two

Wheesun: wheein's thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wheein what's wrong?" I said as she looked like she was blanking out. It didn't seem like she heard me.


I put my cold hand on her warm cheek softly.


"Ah!" She winces at the coldness and rubs her cheek to warm it back up.

 


"Sorry. Is everything okay?" I ask.


"Yeah why wouldn't it be?" She replied


"Do I have something on my face? You keep staring at me" I chuckle.


"Oh.. n-no unnie. Err...... I..."


A noise stops her from continuing. It's my phone ringtone. I look down at my phone to see who's calling. Oh it's her.


"Sorry hold on Wheein ah. Oh Byul ah. What's up?" I say on the phone as I look at Wheein. Suddenly her expression darkens and there's a hint of perhaps sadness in her eyes.


"Ah I'm at wheeins apartment. Yes I'm okay. No you don't need to come down I'll meet you at mine. Ok sure see you soon." I hang up at the phone and fixate my eyes back on Wheein but she's already standing up and walking towards the door.


She's acting a little strange but I'm not sure. I get up as well and follow her.


"How's my face? Is my makeup smudged? I don't want her to know I cried. She's going to get worried." I ask her.


"You're beautiful unnie."  She said with no sense of her usual playful self or beagleness that I'm used to. I expected a joke or two from her.


"Oh haha thank you." I'm a bit taken aback by her remark as I put my hair behind my ear.


She opens the door for me without a word and as I step outside I turn to her.


"Thank you for today.I'm really grateful I have someone like you I can depend on, my angel." I try to joke around as it's always hard to say things like this to someone you're close to. 


She doesn't react at all. 


"Unnie I.... never mind. Get home safe." She says.


And just like that she closes the door in my face. 


She's acting weird. She was so different a few hours ago, and now she's turned completely 180, acting cold towards me. Wheein was always a dependable person when I needed her the most. I know her character very well, although she may not show much of it toward the public or right in front of you, I can tell she is genuine and caring even if she pretends not to care. 


 Like this one time when all the other members had to go back to their homes for the holidays, I couldn't as I had an upcoming schedule. I felt so lonely. But she stayed. I know she didn't have any schedules but she kept saying she did. She spend the night with me as we sat by the tv eating the takeaway she bought. I knew she stayed for me. I just knew it. 


I've always had a soft spot for her.

 

--

 

It's morning. The sun shines and I know it's  already time to wake up and travel to another university event. I grab my phone and call the group kakao chat to wake everyone up.


It rings. But no one answers.

 

They must still be asleep. Aish. 


Suddenly someone picks up.


"Hello?" Her raspy morning voice. Oh my god. It sounds so attractive, is it her?

 

"Wheein..?" I say

 

"Yea unnie...why..are you calling it's so early" she replies, her voice still husky and so attractive I'm taken aback.

 


"Ahhh.. yea... it's time to wake up we gotta get ready." I say.

 

"Ahhhh.....Okay unnie ^.^" she replies with so much aegyo in her voice it makes my heart almost burst. I can only imagine what she looks like now with her messy bangs, flawless makeup less face and her cute dimple making an appearance when she smiles.


Everyone meets downstairs at the car. I arrive first and take one of the front seats, Byul arrives after me.


"Unnie! Hi " as expected she grabs the seat next to me. 


The two kids come together.


"Yo unnies." Hyejin greets us.

 

 They grab the back seats. I try to catch Wheein's eye as she climbs into the back but she completely ignores me as she gets to her seat. 


We arrive at the hair and makeup salon to get ready for the university event. 


"Okay kids who wants to get their makeup done first? " our manager asks.


"ME !!!"


"No me"


"Me please"


"Me I'm the oldest!!" I yell as well.

 

"Okay okay relax guys. Why are you always so loud. Play scissors paper rock to decide" he chuckles.

 

We play and as usual Hyejin wins and I get last place. Moonbyul gets second and Wheein gets third.

 

"Ah whyyyyyy! For once I don't wanna go last" I pout and whine.


"Take my place." 


"What?" I realise it's Wheein who speaks.

 

"You go third. I'll go last." She says while staring intensely at me

 

"Oh I was just joking around you know. I don't mind" I say back.


"Just take my place. " and without letting me get another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter