Chapter

What is Perfection?

Taehyung carefully wrapped his arm around Jungkook's waist. It didn't mean anything. Taehyung usually hugged a pillow while he slept. Currently he didn't have one so Jungkook was the next best thing. He pulled him closer, the younger replying with a groan. He loosened his grip on the younger’s waist to prevent any more pain. Taehyung rested his head in the latter’s neck and fell right asleep. He wondered how anyone could harm such an innocent thing. 

 

There was no alarm. Taehyung was the first to wake up but he didn't get out of bed. He stared at Jungkook with caring and loving eyes. He outlined the younger's face lightly with his finger. Caressing every part. The younger didn't even flinch at the touch. He thought How can someone be this beautiful. His finger trailed down the latter’s neck to the neckline of his shirt. The younger's eyes shot right open at the sudden action. He slapped the older on the shoulder. “What the heck was that for?” Taehyung smiled evilly. “Well I was seeing how long you could keep up your little hoax.” 

 

Five minutes earlier

 

Jungkook woke up to a pain in his stomach. He noticed an arm s around his waist. He jumped from the contact and turned towards the arm’s owner. He saw Taehyung sleeping with messy hair. He usually hated it when people's hair was messed. Sometimes he would even tell them to comb it. But this was different. It was just so… amazing. No that wasn't it. Beautiful, it was but he knew there was something better. Perfect that was the word he was looking for. Taehyung shifted in his sleep and a few strands fell over his eyes. Jungkook reached out to tuck them behind the older’s ears but stopped when he noticed him waking up. He closed his eyes tightly so the other wouldn't notice. He felt the other shift in the bed. He kept his eyes closed tight. He felt the other's soft fingertips against his skin. It felt so good he thought. He almost drifted back to sleep but was alarmed when he felt the older’s fingers graze the neckline of his shirt. 

 

Back to present

 

Jungkook lightly hit the other on the shoulder. He didn't like the fact that the other had known he was staring. He let a little pout form on his face, resulting in a smile from the other. It was as if time had stopped and the event that happened not that long ago was nonexistent. All of his pain and self hate, melted away from a simple smile from the other boy. Jungkook had never thought he would ever feel something good again, so much had been inflicted upon him that he became inured to the situation. His life was so bright because of Taehyung and they had only met each other not that long ago. This sudden hope gave Jungkook the motivation to intertwine his fingers with Taehyung's. The skin was so soft and delicate. He continued to rub his battered fingers over the others perfect hands. He hadn't made eye contact with Taehyung and had been holding in his breath. 

 

Taehyung noticed their hands. Jungkook's hands were covered with cuts and bruises. The clash of skin colors was beautiful in its entirety. Both of their imperfections shown in something as simple as holding hands. Taehyung held Jungkook's hand tighter hoping the other would look up at him. When their eyes met, he smiled. They stayed like this for hours. Literally hours. It was a dream-like state for the both of them. They were floating in the clouds, just the two of them. Like it should be. They would sometimes drift back to sleep. Especially Jungkook, when Taehyung rubbed his arm in smooth circles, luring the boy into a state of comfort. They didn't need reality, for now they were safe and together. That's when it happened. Jungkook's stomach made an unearthly noise. He covered his eyes with his hands. 

“Looks like it's time for some food.” Taehyung said with a smile. He sat up in bed and casually rolled off the side. Once he was back on his feet, he helped Jungkook up. It was hard for Jungkook to walk, his body was still in pain. He slung his arm over the others shoulder, putting his life into the hands of Taehyung. He was leaning on the other's body as they walked down the stairs into the the kitchen. Taehyung guided Jungkook over to one of the bar stools. After getting him situated, Taehyung proceeded to make breakfast. He opened the fridge and looked at the possible ingredients to his next masterpiece. He grabbed some eggs and bacon and then shut the door. He noticed a calendar with tommorow circled in red. He would mention it latter but right now he had to cook up some unborn chicken babies. He clapped his hands together and started to cook. Jungkook just watched as the Oder gracefully moved around the kitchen preparing food. It wasn't to long until the eggs were in the pan. It had been so long since Jungkook had eaten a proper meal, let alone have someone cook for him. He was tempted to get up and walk over to the food but the pain in his legs kept him seated. 

 

"Voila! C'est fin." Taehyung plated the food and grabbed the silverware. He walked behind Jungkook and put his arms around the other. He placed the food infront of him and then engulfed the other in a big hug. His only justification was that the other looked so cute. Jungkook was startled by these sudden actions but he was hungry so nothing else really mattered. He dug right in to the eggs and finished everything off in mere seconds. He thanked Taehyung for the food and praised him on his wonderful cooking skills. Never in his life had he tasted something so perfect. Since he met Taehyung the posibilities for perfection seem limitless. "What is going on tommorow?" Taehyung inquired. Jungkook's eyes drifted to the calendar. Tommorow was the art show. The art show with his painting his painting in it. The painting titled Taehyung.