Chapter

What is Perfection?

The darkness surrounded him. He was alone and hurt. He had no one.

His only comfort was the knife in hand about to cut his beautiful skin. The blade so sharp he could end it all now but the feeling of the piercing pain that came with the slow cuts felt so good. It was like a drug and the pain was the high. He couldn't stop and he never would. He the blood from the knife tasting the metallic-like substance, cutting his tongue in the process. Cut after cut in perfect shaped lines. Even during the little pleasure he got from the cuts, his OCD wouldn't give him a break. His drive for perfection was what made him hate the world and people around him. No one understood what it felt like for the imperfection to creep to the back of your mind taunting you, driving you mad. 

 

His alarm went of, bringing him back to the reality of life. He put down his prized knife. That's right prized. He had been cutting himself for a while and to him it was sacred. He saved up his money to buy a knife that suited his needs. It had a cherry wood handle with metal plates in the middle. The blade was ridged and had many knicks in the side. The blade itself was black. It was perfect and that's how he liked it. He kept his knife by his side at all times, just in case he got nervous. He placed it in his pocket and got his things ready for school. 

 

His father hadn't been home in a while. He was on call so much it seemed as if he didn't even exist. His mother had divorced him when he was younger. His mom had custody of his two brothers and he was forgotten. It had been four years since he had seen them. Not that he really wanted too. The more people there were around would probably catch on to what he liked to do. 

 

Before heading to the bus stop, he bandaged his cuts up and pulled his sleeves down. He wore the same thing every day. A turtle neck with a vest and a nice pair of slacks. He was always covered. He never wore shorts or sleeveless shirts, not even to bed. It covered the scars scoured all over his body. He ran to the bus stop where other students had already been waiting. Some snickered most just ignored him. He was perfectly fine with that. 

 

The bus had just arrived and as students piled in off in the distance there was this boy running to the bus. He had come from the direction of his own house. But there weren't any kids around his age that lived near him. The bus was about to close its doors when the boy stuck his hand right between them. He was intrigued by the boy. He had never seen him at school before. His dirty blonde hair that fell perfectly. He was getting lost in the boy’s dark brown eyes surrounded by black eyeliner. They were just perfect. His lips were pink and plump. Perfectly shaped. That's when he noticed the boy's lips moving but he was to focused he didn't hear anything.

 

“Hello!” The boy practically shouted. He snapped out of his trance and listened to boy. “Yes.” He replied to the new boy. “I was wondering if I could sit next to you?” Before he could answer a male sitting in front of him retorted. “I wouldn't sit there if I were you. You might catch the disease.” He slumped in his seat. He had always known that people avoided him because of his OCD but they could at least respect him. But once again he conceded to the cruelty of the real world. “He's right you might want to sit somewhere else.” He pointed to the seat as far away as possible. But instead the new boy just pushed his backpack to the floor and introduced himself. “Hi my name is Taehyung. What's yours?” He wasn't even paying attention to the new boy, who he now knew as Taehyung. He wasn't dressed like any of the other boys that came to the school. There were the jocks who dressed to look muscular. But this boy was completely different. His black jeans fitted him perfectly. His shirt hung off his shoulders exposing his collarbone and tanned skin. 

 

“Are you even listening to me?” Taehyung was waving his hand in front of his face. “Oh sorry my name is Jungkook.” Jungkook sunk back down into his chair. The boy was perfection. He couldn't find one thing that set off his OCD. It bothered him but in an enjoyable way. He fidgeted with his pocket, outlining the knife with his fingers. “What is in your pocket?” Jungkook was startled by the sudden question and removed his hand trying to focus on something else. “Nothing.” “Oh come on I know there is something in there.” Taehyung made his way towards Jungkook’s pocket. As soon as his hand made contact Jungkook slapped it away. “Ouch what was that for!” Jungkook wasn't even sorry. Taehyung’s hand was pulsing red and oh how Jungkook longed to feel that throbbing pain. Just watching Taehyung complain about it made Jungkook twiddle with the knife once more. The bus came to sudden stop and Jungkook’s knife flew out of his pocket onto the floor by his feet. 

 

“.” He mumbled underneath his breath reaching down to pick up the knife. Before he could Taehyung bent down and snatched it up. “What’s this?” Jungkook grabbed the knife out of his hand and cut Taehyung in the process. Taehyung’s finger had a small cut on it. It started bleeding slightly. Jungkook's eyes were fixed on the secreting red fluid coming from the cut. The color pulsed and Jungkook was about to start cutting furiously when Taehyung wiped the blood away. Taehyung had pulled a tissue out of his pocket and wiped the small cut. He then shoved it back in his pocket. “You didn't have to grab that out of my hand.” Taehyung had said this sternly his eyes darker than before. Staring down Jungkook who did not know how to respond. All he could do was shove the knife back in his pocket and face forward and hope everything would blow over. “Hey I was talking to you!” Taehyung seemed angry. He grabbed Jungkook's wrist. Barely exposing any skin but enough to see a bandage. Jungkook pulled his hand away and got up from his seat leaving a confused Taehyung behind.

 

Thankfully the bus had arrived at school. Jungkook made his escape and ran to the men’s restroom near his home room. He was breathing heavily and slid down the door of the stall. He pulled the knife from his pocket. He examined the blood from the boy he just met. He the blade tasting the new unexplored flavor of another's blood. It was bittersweet. He averted his attention from the blade and looked for an untouched piece of skin. He rolled up the arm of his shirt. He made slow deep cuts across his arm. Making sure they were perfect. He was getting lost in the pleasure that he almost forgot homeroom. He exited the stall and rinsed his arm off as best he could. He pulled his sleeve down and grabbed his books. 

 

His homeroom teacher had always had a soft spot for him. She knew about what he did in his free time. In exchange for not telling anyone Jungkook kept the teacher's secret. Let's just say this teacher had a habit of taking advantage of her students in the past. Jungkook had found out when she had let it slip during a private tutoring session his father had suggested. Which Jungkook didn't even need because he was a straight A student. The teacher was kind to Jungkook even though had done some bad things she felt pity for the young boy. 

 

“I apologize for being late.” Jungkook bowed to his teacher and made his way to his seat. “That's alright. You are just in time to meet our new student Taehyung.” She smiled and pointed to Taehyung who he had already met. Taehyung was no longer smiling like when they first met. He had a dark expression across his face. Jungkook ast down as Taehyung introduced himself. Some of the girls giggle making comments like he's so hot or I want him to be my boyfriend. Taehyung basked in the glory of his peers while Jungkook sunk lower into his seat. When Jungkook moved to this school his peers had done the same thing. Giggle and make comments. Once they found out about his OCD they rejected him and ignored him.

 

“Taehyung why don't you take a seat next to Momo.” Mono smiled. She was what you may call the head of the school. Every boy wanted her and when they did it she would get bored and leave. She has that habit. Jungkook saw her eyeing Taehyung as he walked towards her desk or now their desk. “Nice to meet you Taehyung.” Taehyung half smiled and set his book bag on the floor next to him. Jungkook sat in the desk across from them. Taehyung grabbed his box of pencils out from the bag but spilled them. As he picked them up he said to Jungkook loud enough to hear but no one else. “Don't try to avoid me. I will get the truth out of you.” He smirked and then sat back up. Jungkook was shocked. Had he seen anything when his sleeve was pulled. No it wasn't possible his wrist was only visible for a second. 

 

Jungkook was growing more anxious. He was scratching at the fabric of his pants. Taehyung looked over at Jungkook. Who was now facing forward, hand tearing at his pants. Taehyung was worried about the boy. He wanted to make sure everything was okay. What was he doing. Taehyung had never cared about someone before. All others had ever done to him were tear him down, beat him, or him. He knew too well the reality to this cruel world. He had yet to meet someone the same. You could say Taehyung thought that Jungkook saw the world the same way he did and that was what drew him to Jungkook. Taehyung knew he shouldn't get attached but you can't prevent an attraction if one is already there. 

 

Jungkook couldn't focus. Taehyung's words continued to play around in his mind. He tried to focus on the board but the teachers inconsistent handwriting made his stomach churn. Why did there have to be so much imperfection. He couldn't handle it any more. He raised his hand vigorously. He legs were bouncing up and down. When his homeroom teacher finally acknowledged him he raced out of the room. His peers started snickering behind him but the only thing he could focus on was the knife in his pocket. Taehyung was the only one not talking. His eyes were filled with sadness. Had he made Jungkook this way with his words.  A few minutes after Jungkook had left abruptly Taehyung raised his hand to go to the restroom.