Information

Kindred Spirits Roleplay

Backstory

Since the dawn of time, the humans and the wolves have co-existed with one another. In the beginning, the wolves kept to themselves. They hid within the trees, merely making an appearance in the night while the human were asleep, disappearing when the humans awake and went about during the day. The reason for that was because they were different. The wolves are shifters, beings that have the ability to shift between the wolf and animal forms. Not only that, they also possess magical abilities that cannot be explained using any normal logic and science. Not being able to trust the humans and knowing what may happen if they made themselves known, the wolves decided to keep themselves hidden in the shadows of the night to ensure their survival.

That was until the discovery the humans made of the wolves. It was but an accident. A villager trekking through the forest on his way back had chanced upon several wolves and witnessed their transformation into their human forms. This accidental discovery had major consequences for both species. A hunt for the wolves had began as humans claimed they are demons while the wolves, having no choice left, had to defend themselves hence the hunt soon turned into an all out war between the humans and the wolves. Each side fighting for their survival. The war had lasted for many many years. While the wolves may be far stronger and faster with special abilities humans do not possess or understand, the humans had weapons. As a result, each side had suffered a major lost. 

Not wanting to lose any more of their people, the leaders from both sides decided to meet and in the end, they came to an agreement. A truce where both sides are not allowed to hurt the other without reason. In order to prove that they are sincere with no intentions to hurt anyone, the wolves then decided to share part of their abilities with the humans thus they decide to cast a blood ritual, binding the two together. The 
alpha/beta/omega system was then introduced to the humans marking each one of them and allowing them gain certain traits of the wolves. From then on, the humans and the wolves had been living in peace and harmony. Needless to say, there had always been an underlying tension between the two that may threaten the balance both species had shed blood and fought hard to make and built. 
 

Wolves

They are shifters with the ability to turn into a wolf on will. Over the years, the humans had began calling them' werewolves '.  However in reality, they look more like actual wolves instead of the beasts humans have imagined them to be and contrary to popular belief, the wolves are not vulnerable to silver or other traditional weaknesses that they are said to have in stories. Despite so, they are affected by the full moon which would turn them more aggressive than usual although some wolves, especially the older ones, are able to control themselves during this time. The wolves inherently possess characteristics that humans do not. Their senses, strength, speed, stamina and agility etc are far beyond those of humans even when they are in their human forms. Not only that, wolves inherently has magic in their blood which gives them a special ability.

Some possess psychic abilites, others are able to manipulate the elements and such. The wolves are also able to half transform instead of fully transforming. This would allow them to remain in their human forms but it would cause their eyes to glow and their fangs and claws would also grow out. Sometimes their ears and tail would appear too.  Normal wolves have gold eyes while royal wolves have gold eyes that are tingled with red. It should be noted that only the members of the royal family that are in line for the throne, mainly the king and the crown prince, has eyes that are fully crimson showing their status. Each and every royal wolf also possess a special and unique mark, similar to a tattoo, which would glow blue that signifies their status and bloodline allowing others to recognise them in their human forms. Generally wolves prefers being in a pack instead of solitude. They also prefer to keep to themselves, much preferring to live in the forest or places of nature as compared to the city. Wolves are born as pups before learning to transform into their human forms over time. 


Similar to normal wolves, they are naturally sorted into ranks with alphas at the top, betas in the middle and omegas at the bottom. For betas, they are able to switch between being an alpha or an omega depending on what their partner needs. The wolves are able to scent mark their partners and they can also bite the neck of their partner to claim them as their mates. This act is called Bonding or The Bond. Both parties have to be willing in order for it to work. It can also be broken through a ritual if the need arises which doesn't happen that often. The claiming bite would leave a mark that would tell the others that said person is claimed. By law, people are not allowed to go after those who are claimed. Like normal wolves, omegas and even some betas go through heat. Alphas do not go through heat but can be affected by its scent which would turn them on and make them. They also have knots that neither betas or omegas have. Both betas and omegas, no matter the gender, are able to get pregnant but alphas are not. Wolves have a much longer life span than humans do. They are almost immortal but they do have their weaknesses as they are able to get hurt however they have self regenerative abilities that allows them to heal at a much faster rate than a human.  Royal wolves have an even faster regenerative rate with slightly better senses, strength, agility etc since their blood is the most pure. Their self regeneration allows them to stay healthy and not fall sick especially from human illnesses.


( Royal wolves in line for the throne, Other royal wolves, Normal wolves ) 

Royal Wolves - Open ( Limited )

  • Luhan ( Crown Prince, Heir to the throne, Future King )
  • Kyungsoo ( Second in line for the throne )
  • Kai ( Prince from another territory ) 

Normal Wolves - Open ( Unlimited ) 
 

Humans


Since the beginning of time, the humans have dominated the world. While the wolves had hid in the shadows of the night, the humans are out and about during the day. It has been said that a long time ago, humans are more spiritually attuned and had the capabilities of performing magic however over the years, the ability has been lost as the humans began to lose faith and stopped believing while the world prospered. While they may not any special abilities of any sort, the humans do have their science and technology which allowed them to develop and improve the world. This allowed them to create many dangerous weapons which is the reason as to why the humans were able to stand up to the wolves and hold their ground during the major world that broke out many years ago despite that fact that the wolves are physically much more powerful and posessed abilities that they do not.

 

After the blood ritual that bound the humans and wolves together had been performed, the humans had gained several traits from their wolf counterparts despite the fact that they cant turn into a wolf. One of the main being the alpha/beta/omega ranking. Now the humans are sorted and ranked based on that and depending on what they may be, they seem to have traits that comes with it such as a human alpha can be just as aggressive and short-tempered similar to an alpha wolf while human omega can be just as submissive and docile. Unlike the wolves however, there are more human betas than human alpha and human omega which is considered to be quite rare among the humans. While the humans are still considered to be weaker than their wolf counterparts, their bodies have better enhanced due to the regenerative abilities of the wolf. As such, their immune systems are much better than they used to be. Human alphas also seem to possess quite a great deal of strength though they are still weaker than the wolves. Another difference is that the humans are not affected by the full moon unlike the wolves. 

It is possible for a human to become a mate for a wolf even if it is not as common. If that occurs, the wolf is able to scent mark the human as well as bite and claim the human as their mate the same way they do it to a wolf. It is also to be noted that if a wolf and a human successfully mate with one another, the human would also gain special abilities. While it wouldn't turn them into a wolf, they would be bounded to their wolf and in turn, this would allow them to have abilities other humans do not such as having psychic abilities or being able to manipulate the elements etc. Scent marking and the bite would also work between humans as well. Just like the wolves, both parties have to be willing to do so. Human betas and omegas can also get pregnant the same way beta and omega wolves can no matter their gender. An ability they gained from the wolves. However human alphas do not have knots.