Chapter 1

Saved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you say we head out and get some burgers and a few bottles of beer?”

Seulgi sighed, putting down the pen she had in hand. She’s lost count of how many she’s released for the day. She has also already lost count of how many forms of distractions her boyfriend has suggested in a matter of a few hours. “Sehun, I have a major test tomorrow.” She reminded him, also for the nth time.

“I do too.” Sehun muttered on his back, not being able to turn around seeing as how Seulgi has turned it into a table, her readings scattered on his long inches of bare skin. “In fact, I’m taking the exact same one.”

“But not everyone is a scientific prodigy and effortlessly passes every test like you, stupid.” She silently hoped he’d ignore how ironic that previous sentence was.

Sehun groaned, long and loud. “We’ve been studying all day-”

“Correction, I’ve been studying.” She gathered her papers back, allowing Sehun to sit up, throwing him his shirt in the process.

“Which means, you’re more than sufficiently prepared.”

“This is exactly why I never agree to studying with you.” Seulgi shook her head, watching as Sehun quickly slipped on his shirt inching closing to her on the bed right after. “I can’t pass med school like this, Hun.”

“It’s just a few bottles of beer – or even just one! My treat!” He was pouting. She hated it whenever he pouted. It was unfair how those pink lips turned down made it inevitable for anyone, let alone her – Kang Seulgi who was irrevocably in love with the owner of those lips – to ever reject any offer he made. But she couldn’t risk failing that test. “Please.” He reeled in even closer.  She really couldn’t risk failing a test. “I promise, I’ll help you study after.”               

She gave in. Sehun leaned forward and softly planted his lips on hers, placing a hand on her thigh along the way. She gave in and kissed him back. His hand gently grazed upwards just until Seulgi surprisingly pulled back. She gave in.

But only to kissing him that one time. “I promise I’ll graciously buy you all the beer you want myself once I pass.”

Sehun groaned but knew it was his turn to give in, sitting back as Seulgi turned back to her notes and books after tightening her messed up bun of hair, cute round framed glasses perched on the bridge of her tiny nose. He decided he might as well study too while he was it. But thought to himself, he already had the anatomy of a human brain perfectly memorized while oddly; the human being that was Kang Seulgi remained a mystery.

Sehun and Seulgi have been dating for over three years; almost as long as they’ve been in medical school together. They met in Organic Chemistry class, freshman year. Seulgi remembered how Sehun was late to maybe a good fifty percent of their lectures, and was either hungover or asleep for the rest of the remaining percentage. She figured he was just another one of those privileged children who could care less about education in general, seeing as how his name came with an “Oh” at the end – a name everyone knew was highly respected in the world of medicine. His grandfather was currently seated at one of the highest positions in the board of directors of their university. Seulgi could still also recall their first conversation.

“Excuse me, do you happen to have some gum?”

Seulgi, busy scribbling away on her notebook, hardly heard the sound until she felt a poke on her arm. “Sorry, what?”

“Hi, hello, I asked if you have gum,” The boy who apparently had already taken the previously empty seat next to her repeated.

“Gum?” She reiterated, eyes still glued on the blackboard in front as she irritably attempted to figure out why her solution was completely different to what their professor had written for their exercise. “Sorry, no, I don’t.”

“Okay.” The boy seemed to have settled. “Then, can I have your number instead?”

Seulgi paused, head jerking to her side finally realizing who the person behind the voice was -- dressed casually in a white button down, the top buttons undone, with his dirty blonde hair looking fresh from sleep. “Do you really think Organic Chemistry class is the best place to be hitting on girls?”

Sehun chuckled, a crooked smile appearing on his lips. “Well, seeing as how you spend all your time either in class, the library, or that coffee shop next to that burger joint, I can only think of Organic Chemistry class – the only class we’re taking together this semester, might I add – as the only place to hit not on girls, but just on you.”

Seulgi stared blankly at him. “You’ve been following me.”

“I’ve been noticing you.”

“Nice one, how many have you used that on?” She subtly rolled her eyes, turning back to the problem on entropy that she couldn’t correctly solve no matter how many times she’s already tried.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter