in thrall

out of my mind.
Please log in to read the full chapter

inspired by taylor swift's superstar. 

 

this is wrong but I can't help but feel like there ain't nothing more right babe.

misty morning comes again and I can't help but wish I could see your face.

and I knew from the first note played, I'd be breaking all my rules to see you.

-

It was a normal day, like any other, when I first saw your face. I was drawn in but I didn’t think much of it. Little did I know that this time, it would be different from every other time.

It’s quite strange, really. There were no sparks, no sudden realisation - I hardly felt different about you as compared to all my previous crushes.

Yet somewhere along the track, my eyes started focusing on you more and more until you were the only thing my eyes looked at. My smiles for you became wider and fonder. My thoughts revolved around you and you only. And my heart, it thumped and thudded, harder and louder for you. Always you.

It was only when I was in deep, far too deep to retreat, that I realised. How much you meant to me, how much I loved you and how much I wanted you.

Oh, how desperately I desired you.

-

you smile that beautiful smile and all the girls in the front row scream your name.

-

You’re miles, countries and oceans, away from me. You live in a drastically different world from me. Yours is fast-paced and loud, filled with back to back schedules and hundreds, thousands, of faces. Mine is slow and quiet and I only ever see one face, your face.

You just need to stand there and breathe, send a heart-stopping smile now and then and you’ve got hundreds of girls in your palm. They’re lucky, the girls who can see you all the time. I can only wish and dream that it was me in their position.

But even if I could be there, right in front of you to see you and speak to you for the briefest moments. I will only ever be another girl, another fan, to add to your memories of faceless and nameless fans.

-

so dim that spotlight, tell me things like I can't take my eyes off of you.

i'm no one special, just another w

Please log in to read the full chapter