不离不弃(Forever By Your Side)

out of my mind.
Please log in to read the full chapter

inspired by taylor swift's song speak now.

 

Dressed in a light, rose pink dress with a halter neck and billowing skirt that reached just above her knees, Chaekyung emerges from her car. She grabs her clutch and teeters a bit as she finds her balance on her stilettos. Locking the car, Chaekyung starts down the street. She's a few meters away from the entrance of the venue when she slows down until she comes to a complete stop. Standing at the gates, Chaekyung watches as a long line of decorated cars make their way inside. At the end of the winding driveway, Chaekyung can see nicely dressed people milling about in front of the house. She catches a glimpse of a woman in a beautiful flowing white gown disappearing into a side door and a lump forms in .

Cutting her thoughts off before they can get out of hand, Chaekyung blinks back any tears that may have formed. With a deep breath Chaekyung started on her way down the driveway to the house. She stood at the edge of the crowd, surrounded by strangers. Just as Chaekyung was about to go hide out in the bathroom, a group of guys appeared.

"Chaekyung?" One of them called in surprise.

Chaekyung turns to see six dashing young men and she cracks a smile, finally feeling a little less nervous. They were Hyunwoo's friends and she had come to know them quite well too. "Hey guys."

"What are you doing here?" Minhyuk asks, confusion all over his face.

Chaekyung chuckles. "You didn't think I'd miss Hyunwoo's wedding did you?"

All six of them stare at her in silence with expressions ranging from anguished to unamused. Chaekyung sighs, dropping her playful smile and looking away.

"Did you get an invitation?" Wonho asks, voice gentle. 

Chaekyung nods, pulling it out. It was a single card, the same shade of pink as Chaekyung's dress, and penned with flourishing calligraphy.

 

You are cordially invited to witness the joyful union of 
Son Hyun Woo 
and 
Choi Hye Ra
5pm 14th September 2017
at the Volton House

 

"Choi Hye Ra herself came to deliver it to me." Chaekyung says with a bitter laugh. "She wanted to rub it into my face."

A short silence passed before Chaekyung spoke again in an ominous tone.

"And that was the biggest mistake she made."

The six boys look at Chaekyung in concern. 

"What do you mean?" Jooheon asks at the same time Changkyun says, "What's your plan?"

Chaekyung smirks. "You know me too well Changkyun."

"Since I was invited, I'm going to make sure this wedding doesn't go through."

The boys were stunned until Changkyun grins as well and high fives Chaekyung.

"I will support you 100% Chaekyung-ah." Changkyun says. 

The other boys chorus their agreement and Chaekyung feels more confident but a thought suddenly hits her.

It had been months since Chaekyung had last seen Hyunwoo. The last time they had met was at Hyunwoo's birthday party, which was also the day Hyunwoo's engagement was announced. The wedding preparations had begun way before the announcement and Chaekyung had known everything. Hyunwoo had told her everything; how his parents had arranged a marriage for him with a bussiness partner's daughter. While Chaekyung was also the child of a successful businessman, her family's company had nothing to do with Hyunwoo's, putting her out of the running as Hyunwoo's future wife.

But Chaekyung knew Hyunwoo loved her, only her, and she felt the same for him. So when the engagement was announced, Chaekyung had made a deal with herself. If she was sent an invitation to the wedding then she would go and take her man back. If she didn't receive one, then she would resign to her fate and let Hyunwoo go. Of course Hyunwoo and Hyera's parents made sure Chaekyung didn't receive anything. But who would've thought that Choi Hyera herself would invite her fiancée's ex-girlfriend? 

And that is where Choi Hyera went wrong. She underestimated what Chaekyung would do for love.

But despite all her confidence, the truth was Chaekyung hadn't spoken to Hyunwoo since that day. She had broken up with him, told him to just let her go. It was painful, full of tears and broken hearts, and Hyunwoo had begged her not to give up on him. He promised he would do whatever it took to stop the wedding. Chaekyung didn't want to put Hyunwoo in a hard position so she had stuck to her decision and left. She never told him the deal she made with herself. Hyunwoo thought she had let him go and moved on. Yet now here she was, at his wedding three months later, about to ruin it all. What if Hyunwoo really took her words to heart and indeed let her go?

"What if Hyunwoo doesn't... doesn't want me to..." Chaekyung says uncertainly. 

Hyunwoo's friends look at Chaekyung and immediately reassures her.

"He does. I know he wishes with everything he has that this wedding will not go through." Wonho says, solemn but sure.

"Hyunwoo-hyung would've gone against his parents and run away with you, but he wanted to respect your wishes to just let you go." Minhyuk informs you. 

Hearing that Chaekyung feels bad. If Hyera hadn't given her an invitation, then she was going to just give up Hyunwoo and their love.

"But now that you're here with an awesome plan, everything will be fine." Jooheon says, lightening the mood. 

Everyone chuckles and the boys all give Chaekyung a hug each, before disappearing. T

Please log in to read the full chapter