Practical Possibility

Practical Possibility

Practical Possibility (EunMin)

Flickering lights passed by throughout the darkness. The bumpy road seemed to shake the van every now and then. After a long day of rehearsals and schedules have passed, the T-ara members were exhausted. Hyomin and Eunjung had separate schedules for the day, leaving Soyeon, Boram, Jiyeon, and Qri on a car ride together. The first to wake was Soyeon.

A glimmer of light flashed through the windows, she opened her eyes slightly and adjusted to the lighting. She noticed Boram's head was resting upon her left shoulder and to the right, she saw Qri was resting on Jiyeon who was also sleeping by the window. An idea had struck her.

"Boram-unnie! Wake up!" Soyeon half whispered and half spoke. She shook the girl until she was awake.

"Wha??" Boram woke up dazed, "What is it?"

"Wake up Qri and Jiyeon!" Soyeon had a mischievous look on her face, "This will be fun.." she somewhat spoke to herself.

"What's Soyeon babbling about this time?" Qri yawned, she rubbed her eyes before shaking Jiyeon.

"Aigoo what do you want..." Jiyeon still kept her eyes closed.

"Eunjung and Hyomin aren't with us right now.." Soyeon pulled out her cell phone, "We haven't played a practical joke on them for so long!" She began to look for their names on her list of contacts. She knew Eunjung would be the easiest to trick, Hyomin would be a bit tougher though, but it was still worth a shot. Soyeon put a finger to her lip and pondered the possibilities.

Jiyeon fell back into her deep sleep..

Boram took out her iPod and skimmed through her songs..

Qri closed her eyes and laid her head back..

"Come on! I need help!" Soyeon urged them excitedly. Qri opened her eyes and stared at Boram's playlist. "Oh! Put it on Abracadabra!" she loved listening to BEG songs. Boram accepted her song request and played the music video. Soyeon spent a good four minutes trying to brainstorm ideas on her own while the others were obviously uninterested. "Wait!" she looked at Boram's iPod, "Stop it right there!"

Qri paused it, "Aigoo! What is it Soyeon ah??" She stared at the screen, Narsha was leaning in really close to Ga In's face and suddenly it had also dawned on her what Soyeon had in mind. "A make out scene?" Qri opened in astonishment and pointed at Soyeon.

"Arasso! Here's the story: we're about to shoot a new MV and it includes a make out scene involving Eunjung and Hyomin!" Soyeon withheld giggles, "It's perfect!"

Qri smiled, she wanted to be part of the devilish prank as well. She took out her cell phone as well. Soyeon began her call first, "Eunjung ah? We're shooting a new music video soon!"

"Chincha?! I wonder what it is.." Eunjung could be heard through the speaker, she was traveling home in another vehicle from her other appointment.

"You have to kiss Hyomin!" said Soyeon, making it seem like the most devastating thing in the world.

"Dae?!..." Eunjung paused, "I guess that's alright.." In her mind, she knew being in T-ara meant doing very demanding things. At least she would be with Hyomin... hundreds of thoughts filled her mind, it could be fun hopefully.

Soyeon held back her laugh by covering , she couldn't believe Eunjung would believe it so easily.

"Hyomin ah! Eunjung is going to kiss you in the new scene.." Qri had called Hyomin right afterward. She was also riding home in a different car due to their conflicting schedules.

"Omo! No no no no no no!!" Hyomin could be heard through the speaker as well. "Eoddeoh ke? We're both girls!"

"It was in the Brown Eyed Girl's music video wasn't it?" Qri smiled, trying to hold back her laugh.

"Arasso arasso!" Hyomin hung up abruptly. She covered her face with both hands. How was she supposed to kiss Eunjung? She thought of her cute Jungie smiling like she always did no matter what the situation was. Her well kept hair, her sweet scent... No! Hyomin pushed the thoughts out of her head. Any sense of attraction she felt was purely platonic, she told herself.

Qri and Soyeon gave each other a high five while Boram laughed to herself and her crazy fellow members. Jiyeon slept through the whole thing...
_____
"Hahahahaha! What!!" Jiyeon laughed while slapping the floor with her hands, she had become extremely hyper now.

"I don't know if they're going to do it or not! Shh!!" Boram was obviously smiling and enjoying the situation herself. Now, even she was interested in the set up Soyeon and Qri had made. They were now back in their dorms, everyone had taken the time to settle down and relax, the only two who weren't home yet were their targets.

"Are they really going to fall for the this?" Jiyeon jumped up and down excitedly, the suspense had taken hold of her now that she had awoken from her nap.

Qri had her ear against the door and she heard footsteps coming closer, "Shh!! Someone is coming!" She looked through the glass and saw that Eunjung was the first to arrive. Qri creaked open the door as Eunjung stepped in.

"Aigoo! Long day!!" Eunjung stretched and put many of her bags aside. "Omo.. Soyeonie! Why are you looking at me like that? Yah Jiyeon, why are you laughing?" She stared at her members blankly.

"Ready to practice the scene?" questioned Soyeon, "We really have to start today if we want to make it convincing!"

"Right here? With everyone watching??" Eunjung gasped. She had not anticipated that they would have to work this scene out so soon.

"Of course! If you can't do it in front of us, how can you do it front of the camera?" Soyeon argued her best point. Meanwhile Boram covered Jiyeon's mouth, struggling to keep her from bursting out in laughter.

"Arasso... hey what's the story behind it anyway?" Eunjung asked honestly. The others looked at each other, they hadn't gone that far in planning their practical joke. Qri was the brave soul who attempted to explain it.

"It's about a prince and princess," Qri spoke completely from the top of her head, "You see, we're using a fantasy concept this time, right now, you're the prince and you just saved the princess, it always ends in a kiss scene doesn't it?"

"..." Eunjung was speechless.

Awkward silence ensued. Jiyeon gave a look to Boram as if to say, "Is it over? Did we get caught?" Boram only stared at Eunjung, wondering what she would say.

Qri bit her lip, and winced her eyes, thinking how dumb her plot was, she had just blew it for everyone..

"Really?!! That's awesome!!" Eunjung gave an outburst, "I get to be the prince?" She smiled, showing her pearly white teeth. Her hair shook with her excitement.

In Soyeon's mind, she thought, "Omo.. Eunjung, you really are easy to trick hahaha.." She coughed a few times disguising her urge to laugh.

"Hyomin! You were here!?" Boram yelled out, no one had noticed Hyomin trying to pass by.

"Yahh! I don't want to practice anymore! I'm tired!" Hyomin had nearly sneaked away under the radar. No one had even noticed her walk through the door. She tried to run away but Qri grabbed her by the wrist, "We were all waiting for you Min-ah!" she urged Hyomin to sit beside Eunjung. Hyomin's face was already turning red.

Eunjung smiled, and took a deep breath, "Don't worry Hyomin! We can do this!"

Jiyeon's sides were already hurting from the holding in laughter for so long, were they really going to do it now?! The anticipation was unbearable. Boram watched intently feeling the exact same way.

Hyomin imitated her lead, and took a deep breath as well, the fierce look had came back to her eyes, "Alright!" She sat down near Eunjung.

Qri and Soyeon were mesmerized, waiting for their plan to unfold. How far were they going to take it? Neither of them knew... Should they maybe stop them before they go too close? Both decided to wait and see.

Professionalism was in the air as Eunjung and Hyomin got into character. The first one to initiate the first move was Eunjung as she moved her head closer to Hyomin, dangling her hair in front of her face. With her hand, Eunjung gently grasped the younger girl's chin and brought her face closer to hers.

Hyomin felt a bit uneasy in her own mind but the exhilaration had already taken its toll. Her heart was pounding, she could almost taste Eunjung's soft lips. She motioned her head to meet the older girl's advances. They were only about a centimeter away from each other. The others only watched with wide eyes and open mouths.

"Should I stop them?" Soyeon contemplated the situation, "Omg omg omg, they're going to actually kiss!" Even her own heart seemed to be thumping.

Qri covered her eyes, her cheeks were turning red. She couldn't bear to watch, she only laughed to herself, "This is completely our fault!"

"Quiet Jiyeon-ah!" Boram whispered into Jiyeon ear. She attempted to muffle the giggling girl. "Whoa!" Jiyeon had pushed her, causing her to fall, "Yah Jiyeon!"

"Hahahahahahaha!" Jiyeon bursted out with laughter, everything was just too humorous for her to hold it in.

Becoming distracted by the sudden ruckus, Eunjung lost her balance and fell straight towards Hyomin. Their lips finally locked together although it was completely accidental. Hyomin could finally feel her unnie's soft lips against her own. Eunjung slowly opened her eyes and saw that she was squishing Hyomin. Releasing her lips, Eunjung apologized, "Mianhe Hyomin! Jiyeon distracted me!" She shot an angry look at the giggling girl on the floor.

"..." Hyomin just held her eyes closed, she was too mesmerized by the event.

"What's so funny?" Eunjung asked as she looked around at everyone. "We're trying to be professional here..."

The first to drop the joke and set things straight was the girl who initiated the plan. "Haha, mianhe Eunjung ah, we were just kidding, there is no new video shoot! We just wanted to see if you would actually do it hahaha" Soyeon broke the news.

Eunjung's jaw dropped. She held Hyomin's face in both her hands, "Did you hear them? They tricked us!"

Hyomin only blushed with embarrassment, "R-really? Oh.. okay.." She quickly jumped away from her seat and walked towards her room.

"Ah Hyomin..." Eunjung held out her hand. "Aigoo where's she going.."
_____

The next morning, Eunjung walked sleepily to the kitchen. She poured herself a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table to eat by herself. Stirring the cereal, she let her mind wander. She had never kissed another girl before, it was a curious feeling, she was just glad that it was Hyomin she had to do it with. But...

"Aish, they tricked me into it!" Eunjung pushed her cereal bowl away from her and planted her face on the table. "So confusing..."

Jiyeon happened to walk in and she saw her unnie laying her face on the table, she smiled and crept up next to the unexpecting Eunjung and poked her face. "You kissed Hyomin~" she teased.

Grabbing Jiyeon, Eunjung retorted, "And it's all your fault," She held Jiyeon tightly so she couldn't move. Jiyeon only kept laughing at her flustered unnie. Hyomin had happened to walk by, she quickly glanced at the two who were fooling around and turned to go her way. "Ah wait!" Eunjung yelled as she pushed Jiyeon away from her. She saw Hyomin's back as she exited their dorm. She wanted to set things straight about what had happened last night when she didn't have the chance to.

"Your girlfriend left you~~ haha" Jiyeon teased yet again.

"Yah Park Jiyeon! I'm going to get you!" Eunjung was tired of her games. She went back to eating her cereal, contemplating her own feelings. She touched her lips with her fingers while thinking about Hyomin. Was it possible that she had developed deeper feelings towards a fellow T-ara members? It was impossible... but yet it felt as if it was meant to be. She decided that she must talk to Hyomin no matter what.
_____
Embarrassed after such an awkward evening, Hyomin slept uneasily throughout the night. She wasn't as angry at her fellow T-ara members for creating such a practical joke as she was contemplating the possibility that she actually had true deep feelings for Eunjung. At first, she believed their relationship to be quite close but she never thought that they could become even closer. She had even seen Eunjung eat breakfast in the morning but it was too awkward for her to talk to her yet. Hyomin needed time for herself.

"Hyomin?"

"Hyomin ah!" Boram waved a hand in front of Hyomin's face. It was already night time and all the members were fast asleep again with the exception of Eunjung was out filming Queen Insoo. Boram caught Hyomin daydreaming and wondered if anything was wrong. "Are you okay?"

"Eh? Ah I'm fine.." Hyomin finally noticed Boram's attempt to grab her attention.

"You don't seem fine," Boram's motherly instinct took hold, "Is it because of yesterday?"

"N-no!" Hyomin became flustered.

"Of course it isn't," Boram was understanding, "It's much deeper than that, right?"

"I think I'm in love with Eunjung..." Hyomin whispered her confession.

"You what?!" Even Boram didn't see that coming. She tried to keep her voice down again.

"Please Unnie! I don't know what to do..." Hyomin asked desperately for the older girl's help.

"I'm no expert but you should tell her how you feel," Boram offered her best advice. She couldn't believe that their prank had actually sparked a new possible relationship. She held Hyomin's hand for moral support. Hyomin frowned while staring at the window, tomorrow, she told herself, she would tell Eunjung for sure.

After the van had arrived at their dorm, Hyomin decided that she was exhausted and needed to sleep right away. She headed for her room and in the darkness she saw a figure sitting in an armchair. She reached on the side for the lights and switched it on.

"Ah!! Unnie you scared me!" Hyomin screamed.

"Huh..." Eunjung rubbed her eyes, she was apparently sleeping. "Hyomin.. Hyomin!!! I need to talk to you. I waited so long." She had finished filming early and decided to wait in Hyomin's room to be sure they could talk as soon as possible.

"T-there's nothing to talk about..." Hyomin went against her word and against her own feelings. She bit her lips unconsciously reminding herself of their first kiss. She grabbed Eunjung by the wrist and pulled her off the arm chair.

"Hyomin, please.." Eunjung begged her not to kick her out of the room, however she was already being pushed away. There was a fierce look in Hyomin's eyes, she wasn't about to let Eunjung have her way. Once Eunjung was successfully pushed out of the room and into the hallway, Hyomin proceeded to shut the door.

"No, please wait! Ah my fingers.. be careful!" Eunjung was forced to move her finger tips out of the way as Hyomin closed the door shut. The poor girl outside banged on the door pleading to get a chance to talk. Then she began to sob, they both knew they were more than just best friends but neither had the courage to muster their feelings and tell each other directly.

Hyomin held the door behind her back, relaxed, and took a deep breath while closing her eyes. She could hear Eunjung crying outside. Each sob tore at her heart strings. A tear rolled down her own cheek. Everything was too much to bear, without realizing what she was doing, she reopened the door. Eunjung was just standing their with her hands on her face. Hyomin grabbed her unnie and pulled her closer for a hug.

Caught by surprise, Eunjung looked through her teary eyes and saw Hyomin burying her face onto her shoulder. She cleared and sniffed, "Hyomin.. I.." Eunjung began.

"I love you Eunjung," Hyomin admitted her feelings.

"..love you too Hyomin," Eunjung completed her sentence.

Hyomin leaned in, this time initiating the first move and pressed her lips against Eunjung's. This time it was a real, not a staged act, but an actual meaningful kiss which conveyed their feelings toward one another without words. They each could taste the saltiness of their own tears along with the softness of their lips. The practical joke had become a new possibility and a new beginning.
_____

"Aigoo, sorry I'm late!" Qri joined the rest of the T-ara members for lunch at a local restaurant.

"Yah, Qri-unnie, we'll start without you next time!" Soyeon warned.

"Ah my chopsticks!" Boram had dropped them under the table and dove her head under to look for them. As she peered around, she saw Eunjung and Hyomin holding hands and bumped her head as she moved back up. "Ow.." as she rubbed her head, she thought of asking what was going onm but then she remembered her advice she had given Hyomin. She smiled, being glad to see that it had worked.

"Yah Eunjungie, Hyominie, wae?" Jiyeon asked, "Are you two a couple now, holding hands?" she joked around.

Eunjung replied in a matter-of-fact tone, "Of course we are!" She pulled Hyomin closer and the two of them shared a hug and smile. "Arasso!" Hyomin added.

It took a while before the rest of the members actually believed them.

"Omo!" Soyeon waved her hand at her own face to get some air flowing, "What have I done?"

"So cute!" Qri blushed.

"See what happens whenever you make a joke, Soyeonie??" Jiyeon laughed.

"Oh that reminds me..," Soyeon smiled slyly, "We're going to have a new maknae,"

"Dae!? Wae?! You're joking right?" Jiyeon held open with disbelief, "This is another joke right Unnie? Right?!" she was beginning to worry now because no one was answering her.

"She's your new roommate," Boram held back her smile.

"Her name is Hwayoung," Qri added to her worry.

"H-hwayoung??" Jiyeon looked around, searching for an explanation. All her unnie's only laughed.

Ignoring the others, Eunjung and Hyomin only looked into each other's eyes with a bright smile, wondering where their new relationship would take them.