Heiress

Words Don't Come Easy

Few days had passed by. The two were somehow getting the hang of each other. However, Moonbyul still haven't talked to anyone in the building except Yongsun. She also still couldn't control her demeanor towards the latter which sometimes lead to misunderstandings. Though Yongsun was still a bit annoyed of Moonbyul's antics, they sure care about each other a lot (and Jjing Jjing too).

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

7am.

 

It was a fine Saturday morning. Faint snores can be heard in Kim Yongsun's bedroom. Actually, she was supposed to wake up earlier that day since it was the day she had to report to Ms. Jiyoung about the company's progress, but she apparently missed her 6am alarm.

 

As she was still in a deep slumber, her phone suddenly vibrated as someone gave her a phone call. The brunette just pressed the red button and continued her beauty sleep without even checking the caller ID.

 

Few minutes later, her phone vibrated again for the nth time, and that moment, someone was there to wake her up by means of poking her cheeks vigorously.

 

"Ahh-- AACK!! YAH!! WHAT ARe you doing with my--", Yongsun was lost for words when she finally recognized the one responsible for poking her cheeks. It was Moonbyul in sports bra and sweat pants, revealing her toned abs in front of the freshly-out-of-bed look of Kim Yongsun. The blondie was evidently drenched in sweat since she just got home from a jog with Jjing Jjing. It made Yongsun drool internally, but she managed to keep her composure and put her face on.

 

"What on earth do you think you're doing, barging in someone's bedroom to DISTURB HER PEACEFUL REST, YOU ?!?"

 

Moonbyul was silent as she coolly gluped down the water in the glass she was holding. She then gave a short glance at the brunette's vibrating phone then left. It was the time Yongsun realized that Moonbyul woke her up because someone's giving her a call. As she was about to pick it up, her phone stopped vibrating. She missed it again. Yongsun checked her phone to see who was calling.

 

'OH MY GOSH?!?! SIX MISSED CALLS FROM MS. JIYOUNG??'

 

She almost fainted when she finally saw the notifications on her lock screen. Immediately, Yongsun contacted her back while shaking in worries and fears.

 

*beep*

 

"GOODMORNING MS. JIYOUNG! I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY FOR THE MISSED CALLS."

 

"....."

 

"M-miss Jiyoung?"

 

"How's your sleep, Miss Kim Yongsun?" (in a very serious tone)

 

"I am truly sorry ma'am. I promise to go straight to the company immediately." (Yongsun got up and prepared her clothes)

 

"You don't have to." (still serious)

 

"Why? Isn't it the day I should send the written report to you?" (she was getting really worried as hell)

 

"I repeat, you don't have to. I don't like a tardy employee in my company."

 

"M--miss Jiyoung.. are you firing me just now?" (Yongsun was almost in tears)

 

"I've actually found a new one to replace you. Now, you can sleep again, Yongsun."

 

(broke down in tears) "Miss Jiyoung, I'm so s-sorry. *sniff* Please give me another chance. I swear I'll do better. I won't oversleep again. *sniff*"

 

 

 

A moment of silence.....

 

 

 

"Pfft-- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You are too easy to fool, darling."

 

"*sniff* Huh?"

 

"Of course I won't fire my favorite, right? You silly girl. Hahahaha. I didn't even give deadlines for the reports, don't pressure your self too much. I just called to ask how things are going around you."

 

Yongsun came back to her senses. She let out a sigh as she wiped her tears up while frowning. "You scared me to death Miss Jiyoung."

 

"You sounded really cute while crying, but somehow I felt guilty so I stopped hahaha. Sorry, Yongsun-ah. So yes.. how are things going there?"

 

"Oh yea.. About the company. The rate of---"

 

"No-no-no-no-no.. I'm asking about you, there in your apartment. Are things going just fine?"

 

"What do you mean ma'am--- OH! You mean about.. Moonbyul-ssi??!"

 

"Yes yes.. Go on."

 

"Ohhh... So it's really you who sent her here. What a relief. Hmmm... I guess we're doing fine here. But she's somehow acting strange a lot. Wait, ma'am. May I know your relationship with her?"

 

(chuckles lightly) "Is she not talking to you?"

 

"At first yea.. But somehow, she's having talks with me sometimes. Why are you so concerned, ma'am?

 

"I see. That's great. Well then, take care of my daughter for me, okay?"

 

"Okay, sure no prob--- WAIT-- WHAT?! YOUR D--DAUGHTER?!"

 

"Hmm.. Yes? Oh yea.. I remember I wasn't able to explain it to you. Yes. She is my daughter, my only child."

 

"Oh.. But, the surname---"

 

"It's her dad's"

 

Yongsun felt a heavy feeling on the other line. The CEO's voice became more serious and gloomy when they've talked about her family.

 

"I see."

 

"Yongsun-ah, I'll get going now. Take care, okay?"

 

"Okay Miss Jiyoung. Take care of yourself too. Bye."

 

 

*beep*

 

Yongsun laid herself down again on her bed and stared at the ceiling for a few moments. She wondered why the jolly Miss Jiyoung became like that all of a sudden when they've had a small talk about her family. The brunette became worried about her boss that she wanted to do something about it. 

 

Take care of my daughter for me, okay?

 

"Of course, I will." Yongsun muttered to herself.

 

....

 

Her door suddenly creaked open, and there showed the blondie still in her jogging attire, holding a tray full of food.

 

"B-breakfast?" Yongsun's mouth hung agape. Without a single word, Moonbyul placed the tray on the side table and left.

 

 

-------------------

 

Yongsun's POV:

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?! BREAKFAST IN BED? Is she serious? I don't really get her sometimes. Most of times, she annoys me with her silent treatment towards me, regarding that I am a really short-tempered person..

 

..However, there are also times that she's so sweet. It feels like she really cares a lot for me, and without any words, her actions say it all (or am i just imagining things?). What the hell? How could a person like her be attracted to an average girl like me, considering that she's the daughter of our company's CEO. Ugh.. I don't know anymore. This person sure makes me crazy.

 

-------------------

 

 

Yongsun gobbled up the food Moonbyul brought her, then headed downstairs. On her way to the kitchen, she noticed the blondie talking to someone on her phone at the balcony. She seemed really happy talking with whoever that was. It was unusual since Yongsun wasn't used to see the blondie wearing a wide smile. The stopped walking to stare at the blondie for a bit more. A slight smile formed on the brunette's face.

 

'She's really beautiful. I hope I can see that smile more often. Whoever she was talking to must be someone special for her to make her smile like that.' 

 

The brown haired girl felt slight chest pains because of the idea that Moonbyul must be seeing someone else. However, she shrugged those thoughts off and proceeded to the kitchen.

 

"Yea. I'm just a roommate anyway." Yongsun faked a smile as she put the dishes inside the dishwasher.

 

.......

 

"What was it you're saying?"

 

Yongsun almost dropped the glass she was holding as she heard Moonbyul. She dramatically held on to the kitchen counter and the other hand on her chest.

 

"Byul-ah, don't scare me off like that. About what I was saying, it's nothing related to you."

 

The blondie just shrugged and said, "Oh okay then. So yea, I'll just go out for a while. See ya later!"

 

....

 

"To where?", Yongsun couldn't help but ask.

 

"Huh? It's none of your business though."

 

"You're always going out without me knowing your wherebouts. Your mom told me to take care of you--" (Oh crap. I feel like I wasn't supposed to say this.)

 

Moonbyul smiled bitterly, "Oh yea.. Mom. She didn't care about me anyway. She must've forgotten that I'm already an adult and that I don't really need someone to take care of me."

 

"Hey!! Cut that out! Don't you feel grateful that she's being worried about you while she's not able to watch over you?"

 

"Watch over me?! Nah.. Hahahaha She didn't even 'watched over me' since I was young because her company is much more important to her.", the blondie blurted out, her rage was visible on her face.

 

"I-I didn't know..", Yongsun was shocked by the sudden outburst of the latter.

 

"Yea.. You don't know a lot of things. So back off a little, will ya'?".

 

With that, Moonbyul started walking towards the front door, but a tight grip on her wrist stopped her.

 

"What?!"

 

"Byul-ah. I know I still don't know a lot of things about your life. But, am I really just a roommate to you, whom you can kiss whenever you wanted?"

 

 

"...."

 

 

"You're really a mystery to me. Sometimes, you're showing your tender and caring side. Sometimes, you're just ignoring me and show your cold actions. I admit you actually make me crazy by thinking about why you act like that towards me.

 

"....."

 

"You know uhm.. I can be a friend and you can tell me about your troubles. Who knows, I might be able to help you."

 

Moonbyul's facial expression softened, then she broke down in tears. Yongsun immediately enveloped the blondie in her arms.

 

"I'm sorry Yongsun-ah. I didn't know you're feeling that way. I'm sorry for being bothersome.", Moonbyul burried her face on Yongsun's neck.

 

The brunette caressed the latter's back. "Oh... No.. no. Don't be sorry. It's fine. I just wonder, am I not worthy for you to share your problems with? I mean.. we've been living together for a week now, and we still haven't talked about any of your personal life.. So I thought that yea.. I must be just a random person for you whom you are told to room with."

 

Moonbyul was speechless. It really wasn't her intention to make the other girl feel that way. It's just that she just didn't know how to open herself up to Yongsun. Within their hug, Moonbyul could feel the other girl's heart beating fast just like hers, but she didn't know how to interpret it.

 

....

 

As Moonbyul's sobs died down, she inched back from their hug to stare deep into Yongsun's eyes. The other girl tried to meet the blondie's gaze but failed because she felt like she would melt by that kind of stare. She just looked around mindlessly.

 

Yongsun felt a gentle grip on her wrist which made her look at Moonbyul. A small hopeful smile formed on the blondie's lips.

 

 

"Yongsun-ssi.."

 

"Hmm?"

 

 

 

.....

 

"Come with me."

 

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

A/n: Whew. A longer and decent(?) update finally. Hahahahaha. I've missed you guys. Hahahaha so yea.. Thank you for still reading until now despite of my inconsistency in updating. Hope y'all liked it. As always, feel free to criticize my work. I'd love to hear what you guys think about this story. <3 

 

Also, hello to all the new subscribers! :"> And to tvxqroro, HIII!! Thank you for the upvote.

 

See ya guys in the next update guuuys! :">