Chapter II

Be It Fate or Coincidence

It was late morning when Jennie's ship touched the Venus ground at last, after a few hours of journey. Jennie had never been there before; she had been to other planets but not this one and it apparently did not take long to go to the so-called Planet of Love and Beauty. She rubbed her hands rather nervously as the door of the spaceship sled opened, curious of what she was about to discover outside. 

"Welcome, Princess Jennie of Mars" A young man was the first thing she saw. He was petite, but good-looking. His hair was somewhere between grey and blue, and his eyes were the color of ocean. The man beamed her a warm smile after that. 

"Thank you" 

"My name is Artemis, the Head Senator of Venus. I hope you had a pleasant journey. The Queen sent her apology for not being able to see you personally due to a meeting with representatives of other planets. I was sent here instead to show you around" 

"Ah, okay. Nice to meet you, Artemis" was all she could say, hoping that she would not be perceived as rude. Surely she had been taught how to be well-mannered, but she was not sure on how she should react to such overflowing hospitality just like what a Venusian would display. 

"Princess Jennie, you may follow me so I can show you your room" 

Jennie nodded politely, even though she secretly released a short, deep breath. The Queen of Mars, her mother, had asked (or rather, commanded) her to make a few days worth of stay-over in Venus. It was not like she was scared; Venusians were widely known as the kindest out there after all, it was just that she had never left her own place for more than a day before. 

"The left castle, which is the bigger one, is the Royal Family residence. Any kind of Kingdom or planet matters is never done there because The Queen thinks it is not good to discuss politics in the house. The smaller building on the right is the one functioning for such things" 

"I see" Jennie muttered the comment nonchalantly. She felt bad for Artemis but she couldn't help but to keep looking at the enormous garden at her left and right. The trees and all the vibrant flowers that form kaleidoscopic colors made her heart beat slightly faster; she had never witnessed such an exquisite view in her homeplanet. 

The two soon reached the left building, which was the residence of the Royal Family based on Artemis' information. They passed quite a number of aisles before they eventually halted their steps in front of one of the many rose-gold doors in the big castle. 

"This is your room" Artemis announced. "If you need anything, you could just ring the bell inside. There are servants on stand-by at the end of this artery, so they should assist you as soon as possible" 

"I am sincerely grateful for all the assistance, Artemis" 

"I will be here when The Queen is ready to meet you. Take a good rest!"

With a slight bow, the young man permitted himself. Jennie let out a relieved breath before she stepped inside the chamber where she would sleep in for days ahead. It was well arranged of course; she had a queen-sized bed, a table, a mirror and a personal bathroom. Each furniture was elegantly decorated with carvings of flowers, hearts and cupids, which were all too much to her liking as a Martian. 

She took a brief shower just to feel more relaxed. She wrapped herself in a black semi-dress that she brought with her; it was one with white collar and cuffs, and lingered a white belt around her waist. There was no sign of the Artemis guy coming back, so she took the rest of the time waiting by lying on the bed. 

And the first thing that popped up in her mind was: how would her fiancé look like? 

A knock on the door arrived not long after that, and when Jennie opened the door, Artemis had been outside with a smile. 

"The Queen is back already and is ready to see you"

"Alright, I am ready" 

She let the Head Senator lead her way, then. They made their way out of the residence area, crossing the path that would lead them to the other building. Jennie watched her surrounding as they walked through the aisles and halls in the building, noticing the kind of carvings akin to the ones she found in her own room. It startled her that the castle was just as big as her own castle in Mars, even bigger maybe, but this one she was walking in felt so inexplicably warm. 

"We are here" Artemis alerted her from her thought. She changed her focus to the golden door that stood before them. The guards opened it, and Artemis nodded at her, showing that she should go ahead by herself. 

She entered, then, walking with her posture steady and her eyes fixed to her front. She had to admit that she was feeling quite anxious, but as a noble from Mars she swore to herself she would never look nervous nor intimidated, at least that was how she was raised and trained. She kept her calm pace on the red carpet. 

"Welcome, Princess Jennie from Mars" 

Jennie stopped as she finally saw her, Queen Sandara of Venus. Apparently, what she heard about Venusians from people was not a myth after all. Never in her entire life had she ever seen such a living goddess. The Queen of Venus had the smoothest skin in the universe, crystal-clear round eyes, and a beautiful nose. The pinkish, proportionally-shaped lips were down there as a finishing touch. 

It almost escaped her mind that she needed to kneel down, so she did it right away. "Your Majesty"

"Please stand up, and please do not be so formal to me" The Queen smiled. "And welcome to Venus"

***

Jisoo did hear about the arrival of the so-called Princess of Mars yesterday, but she could not be bothered. Why her mother had not invited the two of them for a formal introduction was also another mystery, but she honestly did not care. She launched her attacks here and there at the practice arena, releasing all her anger toward her practice partner. 

Love prophecy. What sort of love prophecy? I have never even met her, let alone marry her because of love. She mentally snorted. Strongly, she released a kick with her right leg, which hit her partner's head on point. The loud thud on the ground made The Princess realize what she had just done.

"Mino! I'm so sorry!" She yelled as she rushed to the ground to help the poor guy stand up. 

"Princess, you are exceptionally savage today" Mino whimpered as he rubbed his head. 

"I'm sorry, I think I forced myself too much today" 

"I guess so. Well, let's take a rest first then"

Jisoo browsed through the open arena, trying to locate a good spot to sit down. The tree not so far away from the arena entrance looked pretty decent, so she went there while Mino came back to his flock of troops. 

Panting, she made the green grass as her seat. She did not realize how extra she had been that day until she noticed her tank top soaking in sweat. She pushed her long, black hair to one side then, revealing her milky, sweaty shoulder. 

"That was one intense battle" 

A female voice was born to the dead air so suddenly that it shocked Jisoo to death. Her reflex made her head turn in search of the owner of the said voice. The wind blew, rustling the leaves of the tree and letting small rays of sunshine light all the way through the dark shade she was caving in. Jisoo saw a woman, then. 

The young lady in front of her had small eyes with dark orbs and long, brown hair. Jisoo took notice of her chubby cheeks as the woman threw her a faint smile, and she felt blood rushing on her own cheeks. She fixated her gaze at the eyes of the stranger, and the strong charisma that those eyes were giving her immediately made her heart skip a beat. 

"Who are you!? So creepy!" She shouted before dragging her a few inches away. 

"Ah, I apologize. I did not mean to scare you this way" The woman said. 

Weird. Jisoo thought. Her speech is way too well-mannered for a Venusian. 

"You'd better tell me who you are or I'll kick your !" Jisoo stood up and had her fists clenched. 

"Whoa, whoa, I am sorry. Have I not told you that I am sorry?" The woman stood up, too, and raised her two hands as if to show that she surrendered. 

Jisoo paid secret attention as her eyes flew all over the stranger's appearance. The girl was not so much different from her in terms of height, just slightly taller. She had a black sleeveless top, covered with a red vest on the outside. The muscles on her arms looked well-built, yet still feminine. As Jisoo's stare went gradually lower, she noticed the abs that was sticking out on the stranger's tummy, because of the black top that did not fully cover her abdomen. The Princess of Venus unconsciously gulped upon the view. 

What the hell was she thinking!? She scolded herself in her heart. 

"Do you not understand my language!? Tell me who you are, 'cause I have never seen you around!" 

"Yes, I will. I will. My name is Jennie. I come from the Kingdom of Mars" 

Jisoo's eyes increased in size upon the answer and her fists unclenched. 

"You are... The Princess of Mars?"

"Yes"

Great, Jisoo mentally sighed. It was really happening after all. "So you are the person" 

"What do you mean?"

"The one who is to marry the second Princess of Venus" Jisoo snorted. 

"Oh, so you heard about it as well" Jennie smiled the first time after a while. "So, may I ask for your help? Which one is the second Princess of Venus?"

"Didn't The Queen tell you which one she is?" A smirk was briefly present on Jisoo's face. 

"She did not. She told me that I should go out during my stay here and figure out the answer by myself. She said it was so that The Princess and I did not have to introduce ourselves to each other awkwardly in a formal meeting"

Turning her head to the other side, Jisoo snorted secretly. Her mom's thoughts are always really something. 

"So... I assume you are willing to tell me which one she is?" Jennie went on again, which gained Jisoo's attention back at her. 

"Well, you are standing in front of her now" 

With that, Jisoo walked away, leaving Jennie dumbfounded behind. It took the Princess of Mars to let the information sink in, and when it finally did, her eyes moved fast to locate the image of the Venusian stepping further away. Even from a distance she still could not take her eyes off the milky white skin that was glowing. 

It was beyond her belief, but the lady whom she first thought as just a part of the soldiers was actually the Princess of Venus herself. The girl who made her heart flutter minutes ago just by moving graciously with that small, slim body on the field was the Princess of Venus herself. The girl who got her starstrucked with those adorable, round eyes and heart-shaped lips that she had never found anywhere else was... her soon-to-be wife.