Covet Pt. 3

Random Red Velvet One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerim was jerked awake from her nap by the sound of the chorus to Ariana Grande’s “Problem”. The blonde spilled over the bed in surprise, tightly wrapped in a sheath of blankets that, thankfully, cushioned her fall. She untangled herself from the fluffy trap and snatched her phone off of the nightstand, preemptively angry at whoever had interrupted her beauty nap. Her anger melted away, however, when she saw who was calling, replaced by giddy excitement as she pressed the “Accept” button.

“YERI-UNNIE!” Sae-Ron yelled.

“SAE-RON!” Yerim yelled back, a large smile dominating her child-like features.

“How are you? We haven’t talked in so long.”

“I’m doing great. What about you?”

“I’m doing amazing. Wanna know why?” Sae-Ron’s voice took on that pleasantly teasing tone that Yerim thought was so adorable.

“Why?” Yerim played along, although she already knew the answer. Sae-Ron only got this excited over one thing.

“Beeeeccccauuuussseeeee…”

“Come on! Just say it, I already know what it is!” Yerim was practically bouncing up and down with glee now.

“I’m free today! We can hang out!”

Yerim’s heart dropped. She hadn’t expected Sae-ron to be free on such short notice. This normally wouldn’t have been a problem, as Yerim just so happened to be free that day as well; the only issue was that the conflicted girl had already made plans to get ice cream with Sooyoung.

“That’s great!” Yerim said, trying to keep her voice chipper, “What time would you wanna hang out?”

“Ummm… how about six? There’s this really nice cafe a few blocks away from your dorm building. I can take the metro up there and meet you.”

Yerim’s heart dropped further as she remembered that Sooyoung had wanted to go out at six.

“Uh, of course! I-I’ll see you then!”

“Okay Yeri!” Sae-ron said, blissfully unaware of her friend’s discomforting compunctions, “Can’t wait to see you!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter