Oh My Boss

WIfe On Duty

Now Chaeyoung worked as Mina's secretary. The revelation of their "marriage" status made a lot of fusses in the office. Some of Mina's subordinate was badmouthing Chaeyoung since their favourite Boss was being taken by the ‘wild cub', but most of them ship their Pengu boss. Nayeon who will stop by Jeongyeon’s work place(Mina’s company) even estabilished the Michaeng fansclub.

 

Chaeyoung fixed all of Mina's disarray files while the other readied herself to go and checked the works of every divisions in her office.

 

No wonders the Pengu corporation won the best entrepreneurship award. Mina even could win the most dedicated Boss ever. She would take care of every division even she had the chief to make sure everything go as planned. She would still help here and there.

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me." Chaeyoung and Mina stopped their pace to face their caller.

 

"He..re... is the file you are asking Ma'am." The female with pencil skirt and clean cut suit handed a file to Mina.

Mina openned and skimming the files.

 

"It's desirable. You are doing a good job." Mina nodded her head while reading the documents.

 

"Hm....Boss....I'm really sorry for running away at the last moment because of my sudden stomache last time."

Jennie bowed deep in front of Mina.

 

"It's okey. Chaeyoung here had handled them well." Mina said in her usual monotone and low voice then flashed her business smile to Jennie.

 

"Tha...nk you... Boss." Jennie stuttered.

"You're welcome."

 

Before Jennie was walking too far from them, Mina called her, "Jennie! You may ask and tell me if you have any difficulties okay. You are one of my best employee here so don't be hesitate on me."

 

Jennie stayed still for a moment before bowed again to Mina and headed back to do her job.

 

---------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

"What is that for?" Chaeyoung asked Mina curiously.

 

"What?"

"The last 'oh so heart warming but creepy' assuring sentence from you to Miss Jennie."

 

Mina huffed

"You know she was sick and you had to replace her, right?" Mina tested Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung nodded.

 

"Actually her girlfriend, Jisoo ,suddenly got into hospital for having an acute gastritis. I heard their conversation when I pass their division.” Mina said and Chaeyoung nodded again.

 

"I wonder why she just didn't tell me the truth. I wouldn't forbid her to take a break even there is an important meeting. She shouldn’t force herself. I know she will always get a stomach ache whenever she is nervous or worring too much." Mina huffed.

 

Huh! This stoic Boss is quite considerate.” Chaeyoung thought.

 

You are the one who worrying too much.” Chaeyoung muttered but Mina could hear it.

 

I’m just worrying why they never share their thought to me.” Mina huffed and continue her work.

 

---------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

Chaeyoung could see the way every eyes of Mina' subordinates will follow Mina in adoration (some are oogling too. How to ignore a female full of elegance and suave with fitted suit walking around you).

They respect their CEO so much but Chaeyoung could see every employee that Mina talked to will be....how do you say it.... they looked "stiff and intimidated".

Knowing how long some of the employees had work for Mina made their ‘fear’ to Mina kinda weird to Chaeyoung. "Why they seems like a stranger to her?"

 

 

"Now, you have to make it like this. After collecting the files please make sure to make the copy and store them. Bring them to....yada...yada....yada." Mina explained all of the jobs description perfectly infront of the other chief divisions.

Perfectionist checked.” Chaeyoung make a mental list.

 

 

As usual, the one and only playful corn haired tomboy girl made a mocking face to one of her colleague while Mina wrote something on the white board. Chaeyoung tried to hold her chuckled.

 

 

"Mrs. Jeongyeon. Please don't mock me behind my back." Mina said in her cool voice without turning around.

Scary checked.” Chaeyoung wondered how Mina could know without turning back. Jeongyeon, being the stubborn one kept elbowing her friend playfully while the latter already bowed her head after being scolded by their Boss.

 

"I said stop playing around and pay attention!"

Too upthight checked.” Chaeyoung now had completed 1001 way to work with Mina.

 

 

 

In Mina’s private office

 

You are too upthight and intimidating. Their fear level toward you is as high as facing a dictator.” Chaeyoung reasoned to Mina.

Huh?”

 

They respect and adore you, Mina. They always carry their responsibility seriously. They always try to put your satisfaction first.” Chaeyoung sat on the executive chair across Mina who sat on her own chair at the other side of the marble tablework.

I appreciate that. That’s why I always remember every detail information about them and think of their well being.” Mina nodded eagerly but she still confused why Chaeyoung started this conversation.

 

But you seems not.”

Huh?!”

You just look so unapproachable.” Chaeyoung said bluntly.

 

That’s right!”

Chaeyoung and Mina turned to the source of the voice which came from the certain corn haired girl, who knows came from where.

 

Can you mingle with your subordinates, please?” Jeongyeon talked.

 

I don’t really understand what both of you are talking about. I always spend my time to walk and even visit every working stall of my worker.”

I greet them nicely and answer all of their question.” Mina reasoning herself.

 

Yeah! When you answer and talking in 3 words variation: ‘Yes, No, Thank you’.”Jeongyeon cut while Chaeyoung nodded in agreement.

 

I try to talk to them.” Mina now pouting

Just asking about work.” Chaeyoung stated and Jeongyeon nodded.

I’m not good at starting a conversation you know.” Mina whinned.

I’m a caring person.” Mina tried to defend herself again.

But your awkwardness makes you look cold. So no use.”

 

Mina started to feel frustated.

 

I always smile.” Mina tried her luck again.

With this business smile.” Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon directly did Mina’s manequine smile exageratingly and waved their hand like Miss Korea pageant while walking back and forth.

 

YOU TWO STUPID NOJAM! BAKA! BAKA!”

 

---------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

Teach me.” Mina said out of the blue as she rubbed the plate with the sponge.

Huh?” Chaeyoung look at her confusedly.

Teach me how to sosialize normally with other people.” Mina said nervously and staring at the soapy plate in her hand, she tried to avoid Chaeyoung’s eyes, and waiting for the endless teasing.

 

Okey.”

 

Mina abruptly turned her head to Chaeyoung and made the smaller one wondered if Mina’s cervicals will be alright.

 

But, in one condition.” Chaeyoung wiggled her eyebrows.

 

Leech!”

 

Come on! it’s a bet. I’ve told you i’m not a cheap woman. I’ll only ask my reward if you are success to make friend. How is it?” Chaeyoung bumped Mina’s hip with her.

 

Mina leered at Chaeyoung as the smaller just shrugged.

 

I need this.” Mina huffed internally.

Hm….Fine! Deal.” Mina surrendered

 

Be ready! I’m not an easy teacher!”

 

*Gulp*

---------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

Trial 1

Good morning, Boss!”

Morning!” Mina answered back with her monotone voice.

 

 

*gyut* Chaeyoung pinched the back of Mina’’s forearms.

Hegh! MORNING GUYS!” Mina shouted in high spirit while trying hard not to squirm from Chaeyoung’s pinch. But her body relflex made her bowed deeply.

All of her employee stared at her for a few second. “Good morning, Boss!” All of them bowed at once like a yakuza scene.

 

Chaeyoung slapped her forehead.

 

 

Trial 2

So, it’s the whole briefing section. I think it’s crystal clear”

*gyut* pinch

*Hiss* So any question?”

 

After the longest 10 second in their live.

 

So, there is no. I think it’s ….” *gyut* pinch

Chaeyoung eyed Mina to pay attention to one off her employee who kept glancing to her surrounding. Maybe she tried to confirm if she should raise her hand or not.

 

How about Miss Lisa, do you have something to say?” Mina asked.

Hm...yes Boss…..”

 

 

Trial 3

I still have a lot works to do.” Mina said when Chaeyoung tried to bring her to the cafetaria with her to spend their lunch time with the other employee.

Nope!” Chaeyoung picked Mina’s pen from her hand.

 

Mina stared at Chaeyoung and openned her laptop.

 

*slam* Chaeyoung closed Mina’s laptop. “Nope!”

 

They had a staring battle.

 

Go and have lunch with the others!” Chaeyoung pulled Mina to stand up and Mina reluctantly stood up and dragged her lazy _ss really slow as Chaeyoung walked behind her.

 

*buk* Chaeyoung knee bumped Mina’s b_tt and earned a loud groan but it’s effective to made Mina straighten her back.

 

In the cafetaria

 

We rarely eat together, right?” Mina flashed her mannequine smile again.

*gulp* “Hm...yes Boss. Ehm….why you rarely eat lunch in the cafetaria?” One of Mina’s employee tried to respond politely.

It’s just to no..i..s...”

 

*pinch*

 

Usually I skip it since i’m…. too busy. …...*thinking hard*..Thanks God my secretary can arrange everything properly.” Mina stomped at Chaeyoung’s foot in medium power and earned herself a slapped on the shoulder rather hard. “Ah….It’s nothing. I just do my job.”

 

Stop flirting you two.” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes as she took a seat next to Mina.

No one moved or dig in their food. They seems waiting for Mina’s signal to let them eat. Chaeyoung eyed Mina and asked her to solve the problem. Mina thought hard.

 

*clap* Mina clapped her hand right in front of her face and make the whole cafetaria become quite.

 

ITTADAKIMASU!” Mina said with unusual historical cute voice.

All of the people in the room stayed quite in shock.

Ah Kawaii!” Jeongyeon patted Mina’s head and said the word the others worker couldn’t utter.

*silence again*

*slurp* Ah tasty.” Jeongyeon slurped her soup.

And the whole room started to dig in their food.

 

---------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

Hey i’m gonna sue you for domestic violance!!” Mina hissed at Chaeyoung when they walked back to Mina’s private office.

 

"Excuse me." Chaeyoung and Mina stopped their pace to turn back to their caller.

 

"He..re... is the file you are asking Ma'am." The female with pencil skirt and clean cut suit handed a file to Mina.

 

Why it seems like de javu?” Chaeyoung thought.

Hi! Jennie.” Chaeyoung waved to Jennie and Jennie threw a polite smile to her.

 

Chaeyoung had an idea.

 

Hold these for a moment. I need to use the bathroom.” Chaeyoung asked Mina (hello, she is the Boss, but whatever.) to carry some files, winked at Mina, and dashed to the bathroom.

Is she just wink at me?!” Mina tried thinking hard to understand Chaeyoung’s wink. Finally, she realised.

 

It’s really nice. I like it.” Mina commented after she finished skimming Jennie's work. Mina applicated the whole night smiling lesson from Chaeyoung. “Gentle smile, showing a little bit of my pearly white teeth, be sincere by moving the end of my eyes a little bit.” Mina talked in her head.

 

 

Thank you very much, Boss.” Jennie then smiled back to Mina and bowed.

 

Now, Mina understand why they say smile is contagious.

It’s the nicest smile she ever see in Jennie’s face except the the time she was being promoted and when Jisoo confessed to her.And it’s because Mina threw her a ‘sincere’ smile.

Mina started to like all the respond from her ‘social-skill training in hell’ for the past few days.

 

Let me help you to carry some of the files to your room Boss.” Jisoo took half of the pile Chaeyoung shamelessly threw on Mina.

 

Their walked to Mina’s private office was a graveyard’s silence. Mina was thinking hard to open up a conversation. Now she wonders how could she get a lot of colleague while it’s so hard for her to talk to her own workers.

 

Hm…. You make a super cute couple with Chaeyoung-ssi.” Jennie commented.

Yeah.” Mina answered flatly.

Sh1t! One liner again. Think Mina!” Mina slapped herself in her inner thought.

It could be bother some too….. it just been one and a half month but I get so much headache being with her.Mina waited for a respond after the best rescue she could do for herself.

 

*chuckle* “Hehehe….. sure it is. Me and Jisoo happened to feel the same way too. Don’t be worried. It will get better soon.” Jennie threw an ease smile to Mina.But, It’s quite surprising to know you are married when we never hear you dating, Boss.” Jennie now easily blurted out.

 

Mina stayed quite for a moment remembering how she met and got involve with this weird human being called Chaeyoung but her silence got missed interpreted by Jennie.

Ah i’m really sorry. I don’t mean to sound rude, Boss!” Jennie bowed frantically to Mina,

Mina stopped her, “NO! Calm down, I just having a flash back of my ‘story’ with Chaeyoung hahahha.” Mina tried to fix the atmosphere.

 

The quiteness now it’s not as heavy and awkward as before.

So how about you and Jisoo? oh...is she already gets better?” Mina asked to Jennie.

She is well now, Boss. Thank you for your attention.” Jennie smiled to Mina and Mina returned it naturally.

 

How’s your relationship, then?”
“It’s been great between us….too great actually.” Jennie’s voice turned a little small at the end and Mina being a sensitive penguin she is, knew something was bothering Jennie for a while. Mina caught Jennie usually in the daze when she had nothing to do. So, Mina stopped their pace and looked right to Jennie’s eyes.

 

You’ve been working with me since this company just a little sprout. I know where you live your birthday...h3ll even your shoe’s size….i’m not a stalker okey. My point is, can we drop our ‘boss and worker’ relationship for a while…... and look at me as a good old friend to you.” Mina told Jennie her true feeling since she couldn’t bottle it up anymore.

 

Mina saw Jennie’s face looked shocked but gradually turned soft and now she looks like smiling emoticon.

 

Thank you Boss Pengu hehehhe.” Jennie joked. Mina knew she was being called ‘Boss Pengu’ by her subbordinates behind her back. She didn’t see it as an insult, heck she likes it. But, no one except Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung dare to call her that right in front of her face. Mina smiled.

 

Actually i’m gonna propose to Jisoo soon.” Jennie said shyly.

Really?! I’m so happy about it.” Mina responded. “Is there anything I can help you?” Mina offered sincerely.

 

hm...actually…. I need some advice to make it memorable.” Jennie answered hesitately.

OMG! Do Jeongyeon unnie never tell you I can open up an event organizer agency if this property business brings me no luck?!?! Mina puffed her chest.

 

 

---------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

I see you make some new friend huh?” Chaeyoung wiggled her eyebrows and Mina just shoved her by her shoulder since her hands were full of soap.

 

They were washing the dishes side by side. Mina washed and Chaeyoung dried and arranged it. It’s now became their habit.

 

What ever.” Mina rolled her eyes.

You are happy right? Come on just admit it.” Chaeyoung kept plastering Mina and nudge her shoulder repeatedly. Mina got annoyed and threatened to put the soap to Chaeyoung’s face if she kept teasing.

Chaeyoung being the stubborn and teaser by nature kept annoying Mina.

 

That’s it!”

Mina tried to touch Chaeyoung’s face with the sponge while Chaeyoung tried hard to held on Mina’s wrist. Chaeyoung’s hand slipped and the sponge grazed a little bit to her nose.

 

Now there was a foam on the tip of Chaeyoung’s nose. Mina laughed uncontrolablely. Chaeyoung was going to be angry but seeing the upthight penguin crunched down to ease the pain around the stomach while trying to control her laughter just look ‘endearing’ to Chaeyoung.

 

Laughing and smiling feels good right?” Chaeyoung laughed outloud too and cleaned her nose.

Yes.” Mina stood up again.

They got back to their work.

 

She saw Mina was kept smiling with a gummy smile. Chaeyoung knew it’s happened when Mina just ‘too happy’. She just witnessed it once when Mina cleared her super hard games mode.

 

It feels good when they return your smile just as bright as what you send to them.” Mina commented and Chaeyoung hummed in agreement.

They make a lot of cute noise when they laugh too.”

Yeah.”

Now, I love looking at people sincere smile and heartful laugh.”

It’s good for you.” Chaeyoung showed her diple smile to Mina and Mina returned it with her gummy smile.

 

So, do you have a winner for the 'smiling contest' that you make?” Chaeyoung back to her teasing mode and grind at Mina with a her dimpled smiled. 

 

The winner is still you.” Mina blurted out.

 

Chaeyoung snapped her head to Mina and Mina looked down at Chaeyoung’s eyes too(D_mn adorable high difference). "Do i hear her right?!" Chaeyoung caught Mina’s eyes and the latter directly averting her gaze to looked around.

"Sh!t! It just slip out!"

Chaeyoung could saw the base of Mina’s neck already turned red. A liitle bit more she will get to see a boiled penguin alive.

 

SO smooth!”

You’ve done a good job Yoo Jeongyeon.”

 

Chaeyoung and Mina jumped as they heard the two familiar voice came from behind.

--------------d-----------a-----------h----------m------------o----------------n--------------i----------e--------

 

You know we have your apartment key too right?” Nayeon plopped herself next to her wife while munching the popcorn.

You can tell us first, right?!” Mina sulked

We only call when we haven’t eaten so you can cook for us. We’ve eaten so it’s no need.” Jeongyeon answered and the owner of the house cursing in the language that Chaeyoung never heard. “Its Japanese maybe” Chaeyoung shrugged.

 

Four of them watched and talked in the living room.

 

Hey! Tomorrow is weekend. Wanna have a double date?” Jeongyeon suggested.

It’s not a bad idea.” Nayeon then laid her head to Jeongyeon’s shoulder.

 

Let’s go Mina!” Chaeyoung beamed.

Pfft….I’m tired.”

You just want to clear those petty game stage, right?” Chaeyoung eyes her with dirty look and Mina tried to avert her eyes after being caught of her motives.

 

Chaeyoung then moved closer to Mina, “Remember our bet? I want my reward. So you have to come.” Chaeyoung whispered In Mina’s ear as the taller could only groan.

 

Hey do they do a k1nky whispering things in front of us?” Jeongyeon eyes Nayeon.

Woah! They are really play it into the next level.” Nayeon responded.

 

And soon two cushion just flew right to the face of the two elderly(Headshot!).


 

Thank you for rading this crappy fanfic( i hope it's not boring T_T)

Spare me you thought :)

I hope i can update soon since all of sudden, my schedule just get hectic.

Please enjoy it :D