Chapter 2

April -When Spring Begins

“Yeah I hate you. Although you left me there hasn't been a day I have forgotten you. Honestly I miss, but now I’ll erase you because that will hurt less than resenting you”

 

As she walked away, she slowly let go of her breath she didn’t know she was holding. She walked further up to find a bench and sat down. There weren’t many people around the area as it was the most secluded part of the park and it was a good place to think about what just happened.

That was it. That was really it. For the past few months, she tried her best to let go of the memories she made with jimin but there was always a few pieces of memory lingering in her mind and now she really had to let them go. She took out her phone and scrolled through her album to the one picture she kept of her and jimin. Just a selfie of her and him taken somewhere on their first date. She placed her finger over the bin icon and tapped on it.‘Delete Photo’ it popped up. She clicked on it and saw it disappear from her camera roll. She then went on to clear her ‘recently deleted’ bin because she never wanted to see that picture again.

She then looked up and saw the stretch of cherry blossom trees that was before her. The wind blowing the petals again. The sun was setting so the skies were decorated in a mix of orange and pink, making the scene more valuable and beautiful. She smiled sadly at the scene. It was beautiful yet sad for her to see it.

 

In all black, with his hood on, he held his camera upwards trying to take a picture of the cherry blossoms. After being satisfied his picture, he turned to his left and saw a girl sitting on a bench just a few meters away. It was her. The girl he saved from the bridge and ironically the girl who saved him.

The cool yet warm wind blew past her hair with a few straggling petals and it looked like a beautiful scene. He brought his camera to his eye to take a picture and then he saw it. Amongst the beautiful scenery a sad smile on her face.

Before he knew it, he found his feet walking towards her.

 

“Hey Stranger” she heard someone say from beside her. She turned and saw him. The guy who saved her.

“Hi...uh..nam?”

“Joon….its nam joon...how could you forget my name when I extended your life for you” he said with a smile that reached to his dimples.

She stifled a laugh.

“I saw you from over there and you looked sad. Was afraid you were going climb one of those trees and jump off again” he said taking a seat next to her, slowly placing his camera to the side

“Jumping off a tree won’t kill me and its too beautiful to be climbed on” she said still looking in front.

“Something happened again?”

She hesitated to speak. Did she want to tell him what happened? She did tell him why she wanted to jump that day but that was it. He sat there listening to her cries and then they parted ways. This was an awkward meeting for her.

“You can just tell me. I’ll listen to you like I did the last time”

“I…*sigh* I met him” she said looking down.

“Who? The guy who made you want to jump that day?”

She nodded.

“He..was here with my friend..or rather ex friend” she said looking towards him.

How could that guy do this to her? Namjoon thought frowning. And how ill fated was it for her to meet the guy here of all places?!

 

“He told me that what I saw was a mistake and that he was sorry”

“Sorry won’t fix the fact that you almost lost your life over him”. He scoffed

She fell into silence.

The sun had set further and rays of light shined on her face. He blinked.

“I’m sorry. I guess that was a bit harsh...i’m not really good at handling this...this kind of situation. But all I can say is you just need to move on.”

“It isn't easy”

“Nothing is easy in life. But time will heal everything.”

She looked up again towards him. He fiddled with his camera, trying to pull up the pictures he took.

“That's what you told me” he looked up from his camera and smiled.

She blinked.

“Do you believe in destiny?” He suddenly asked looking straight at her

“ I don’t believe in anything anymore”

“Well I do. The fact that we keep meeting like this means something. So let me help you. Let me help you to get through this. I have enough towels for you to cry on” he said digging out a towel from this bag (yet again).

She stifled a laugh and smiled. Finally.

He took the phone in her hands and tapped on her phone screen for a few minutes and handed it back to her.

‘Namjoon a.k.a Spring Boy’

“Pfft what's with the spring boy”

“Would you rather me type bridge boy then? How would I know if you could differentiate me with other namjoons in your phone. I’m about to be your personal therapist and I need to be set apart from the rest”

“I don’t have any namjoons in my life” she murmured. 

“Well now you do. So call me if you need anything.”

She smiled.

“Now lets go. Its getting dark and as much as the cherry blossoms are pretty, it gets creepy here at night.” He stood up. He then held out his hand.

She looked at it.

He prompted again and she slowly raised her hand to his and he pulled her up off the bench and onto her feet.

“There we go!” He said laughing. They then walke down the road that was getting dark.

 

She was walking away. From the bench. From her memories. She was going to leave everything behind her. She ended everything and it was time to get her life back together. The winter seeped into her heart dragging her into sadness but now that spring has come it was going to slowly warm her heart again.

She looked to her left to namjoon that was humming a song that she was sure she heard somewhere looking ahead.

 

They say that spring was a season that you meet you someone new. Start something new. She guessed it was time to start a new chapter of her life again. She met and made a new friend. It was time to focus on the present and forget the past.

And just like that. Winter passed and spring slowly spreader throughout her.

 

“Pass the end of this cold winter until the spring comes again. Until the flowers bloom again, stay there a little longer stay there”