Chapter 1

April -When Spring Begins

“Did you change, or did I change. I hate even this moment that is passing.I guess we changed. I guess that’s how everything is”

The cold yet warm wind blew against her as she walked through a park. She looked up and saw beautiful pink petals being carried by the wind around her. She sighed.

Spring has finally arrived. But she still felt cold and her heart was still in pain as it was when winter began. 

With her headphones on, she looked around her and saw couples laughing, holding hands whilst admiring the scene around them. She used to be one of those happy couples. Or at least she thought they were. Jimin and her. 

Flashbacks came running back to her mind. Her phone ringing as she sat on the edge of the fence with rain falling down her face.

Her feet continued to trudge upon the pink petals that fell. She was just like the petals being stepped upon. Forgotten.

As she walked further into the park, trying to feel better by looking around her, she heard a familiar laughter. That bubbly laugh could only belong to one person she knew. She froze. Guess the heavens hated her because, in front, walking towards her was jimin and her (ex) best friend laughing whilst walking side by side. Unfortunately, jimin turned his head and saw her standing there amongst the crowd that passed her. She quickly looked down and fastened her pace.

She heard her name being called softly. But with every step she took the voice got louder and eventually a hand grabbed her wrist. She turned around and there he stood. With hair as pink as the petals that fell around him, his puppy eyes staring right into hers.

“I….i..let me go” she said

“Why haven’t you been answering my calls?” He asked. Voice wavering.

“Is there a need to?” She coldly answered

“Look. what you saw that day was a mistake”

“And what i’m seeing now is a mistake too?”

“I….I’m sorry but there's really nothing going on between us”

“Really? After what I saw, there is nothing going on?!” Her voice growing a tad bit louder

“I was drunk that day. I didn’t know what was going on….I...I know you won’t believe me even if I explain myself but…”

“Then what about this? You with her right now.”

“Kristine said she wanted to see the flowers cuz it's spring so I brought her here...it doesn't mean I’m into her...I still love you and I regret what I did that day...you don’t know how much I missed you”

“Then what about me! What about me who saw you with her in bed! We were together for so long jimin. Did that not mean anything to you? Even if you were drunk, was that a reason for you to touch another girl?! I may not have been the bestest girlfriend out there but I had my reasons for not being able to meet you.” She said, tears filling her eyes blurring the pale face that looked at her.

Jimin fell silent.

“Lets...lets...look. I didn't get to tell you properly but lets break up” she said. Looking right into his eyes.

“No..please..I...we can make this work…”jimin said, voice wavering, hands trying to lace with hers. 

"You and I both know that it won't work. We won't be able to go back to be like before, pretending like nothing happened.But I forgive you for what you did cuz I might have been partly at fault for neglecting you. So please..just..let me go” she begged, tears flowing down more.

Jimin looked at her. Sadness filling his eyes. It was all his fault. He didn't want to let her go but she was right. They could never go back to the way it was before. 

“Goodbye jimin” she said letting go of his hand. She then looked past his shoulder and though it may have been a trick of the eye but she swore she saw kristine, her best or rather ex best friend smirk as she crossed her arms. She turned around and walked away from jimin and the memories she had with him. As she made her way further through the park, the warmth of his hand on hers slowing turning cold again from the weather.