Destiny

(EXO) Kai: Cerberus
Please log in to read the full chapter

After the hospital events Kai moved in Soo Young's apartament to be with her when she needed him. The girl feeled almost all the time the nausea caused by the pregnacy and the frecvent trowing up let her almost all the time without energy. She was hungry and  tired. Then Kai will take her in his arms, giving her from his warmth for her to finally smile and sleep. Often, he started to cook in her place, using herbs he learned from Lay will help. The darkness around the god started to dissipate and the others gods visiting him can see him radiating a golden light. 

Soo Young was almost convinced this is the life she wants.

But somethig lingered in the air. 

It started in the moment when Soo Young felt dreaming in the class at uni. She was so tired, she wanted the time to stop and give her time too sleep. Her eyelids droped and din't let her to realize the things in the class was frozen. 

First time she was aware by the anomaly was at home, in her bathroom , where she droped her parfume. She closed her eyes waiting to hear the glass bottle shattering on the hard floor. When the noise wasn't produced, she opened one eyelid to find the glass floating in the air. 

Soo Young grabed it hurried and the time unfroze. She stood there asking herself if the event was real.

After her experience after death nothing can surprise her anymore.

Then it came the anatomy lab and her class was taken to morgue. Even she was somewhat prepared, the general ideea of a dead body frightened her. 

Soo Young tried to keep her breath steady, but the reality of the unmoving, cold and soulless human in front of her made her to be pinned in the place. And with her, the time also stopped. Her panic made her to seek for a reassuring contact and she reached for the white coat of one her colegues. The fabric swayed and stoped in an unusual position, defying the law of gravity. She touched it again and the coat swayied in another direction to stop in another awkard angle. She was frightened and in the same time amazed by how illogical were the movements or, to be true, the lack of them. 

"It seems that to be a god's girlfrieng-wife-soon -to-be-mom can give you some powers", she though and a smile broke on her lips togheter with a mischivious plan popping in her head.

Why do not mess with the entire scene of the lab? She peeked on the coridor to be sure no one was near.

The fear was long forgoten when she started to place in the air medical tools, to tangle limbs and coats. Finally, she stoped in front of the corpse with a disgusted face pondering if she must  shift the corpse in a sitting position and concluding it wasn't a job for her to do.

Then she realized she din't know how to unfroze the time. She awaited again and again until she droped to the floor no really sure way she was stuck in the moment.

After a while the room seemed so still that she asked herself if she was't dead again  and this was another kind of hell. But, if she will consider the hunger twisting her stomach in painfull knots, Soo Young realized she was really alive. Probably, there passed hours from her last meal. In her new condition, it was hard to ingnore a phisyological need and, unexpected, she started to cry with her face buried in hands. What if she is stuck here forever? 

In her dispair, she felt reasured when familiar arms wraped around her.

"Princess, don't cry!", the whisper in her ear tickle and she's leaning to Kai's firm body. "I'm here with you!" She's nodding and cudddle deeper in the broad chest, not caring about the mess she did. At least this time she can give up to her pride  and seek the confort in her lover. She wanted to be home with him, where all was normal and paceful. 

"Let go of time!", his voice is fadig away. The soft pats of his hand and the fatigue luled her to sleep, so she din't realize the things in the room go back to their's places, by the power of time's god. She will keep her memories because time is linear. Event though for others the time stop

Please log in to read the full chapter