Chapter X

Love Is Online

Baekhyun's energy was drained. Chanyeol shopping was just like a girl. They entered a lot of boutiques but they haven't had a single bag. Chanyeol turned each boutique upside-down but in the end, he would say that they didn't fit the concept. They left each boutique with Baekhyun apologizing.

It was already 6:00 PM and they hadn't bought a single clothing or even a piece of accessory.

"Let's call it a day now, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said. His tone suggested that he was exhausted.
Exhaustion wasn't the only problem of Baekhyun. He was also hungry and he didn't get a chance to make it hard on Chanyeol. It was unintentional in Chanyeol's part but his actions never gave Baekhyun an opening.

"Are you hungry?"

That one question made Baekhyun feel like the energy drained from forcefully entered his body again.

"You dragged me here so you pay."

And Baekhyun led the way to the food court. The moment they stepped within the area, Baekhyun's stomach had a party. His stomach wanted to sleep so bad.

"You, order. Me cr," Baekhyun said to Chanyeol and went to the males' comfort room.

Does hunger take away one's vocab? I spoke like a kid who had just learned how to speak. But why don't I feel shame? Why don't I feel uncomfortable? Wait!

Baekhyun stopped near the comfort room's entrance.

This is similar to what happened in the movie! The male lead felt comfortable. Dammit. Am I falling in love? No, please. Just no. Nah to the uh to the no no please.

"Uhh... Excuse me," a stranger said which brought Baekhyun out of his thoughts.

Baekhyun bowed down and apologized. The man just smiled and said that it was okay.

After Baekhyun had taken care of his business in the comfort room, he quickly headed to the food court. Looking for Chanyeol wasn't a hard task. He just had to look for a special pair of ears.

He sat across Chanyeol and asked, "What did you order?"

"Pork belly and rice cakes," Chanyeol replied without looking at Chanyeol. He was busy with something in his phone. His face looked serious.

What's he doing? Perhaps he's sending me- callmelisa a message?

Baekhyun looked at his phone. He got a lot of messages but they were all from Lay. He felt disappointed.

Baekhyun's eyes widened.

Wait. Why am I disappointed? Am I really falling in love? No, right? It must be because my assumption didn't happen. Yes, that must be it.

Baekhyun decided to entertain himself with Lay. He opened the chatbox. Lay sent him a message at 2:31 PM

layonme: Lisa I just met the timid Baekhyun again. I want the witty Baek back TT
callmelisa: Ohhh.. I get it now. You're not in love with Baekhyun

Lay already believed that Baekhyun's a timid person. So there was no point in the lovey-dovey thingy. Besides, he didn't like it either.

layonme: why do you think that?
callmelisa: You don't like the timid Baekhyun, right?
layonme: I guess so...
callmelisa: Then you don't like Baekhyun because the timid Baekhyun is the real Baekhyun. You like the sarcastic Baekhyun, which is a character in a play. I bet you'd fall in love with anyone as long as they're sarcastic

"Here's your order," the waiter placed the pork belly, rice cakes, tofu and two glasses of water.

The two put their phones aside.

Before the waiter left, Chanyeol said, "We didn't order tofu."

"Our restaurant is giving free tofu to couples," the waiter replied with a smile.

"We're not-"

"You have a good eye! How did you know that we're a couple?" Baekhyun interrupted Chanyeol.

"That's what I'm hired for. Hope you have a lovely time." The waiter bowed and left their table.

With what was happening, Chanyeol was kind of reminded with what happened in the ticket booth when they watched the movie Love Is Online.

"You're really crazy for freebies. Are you that broke?"

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who started stuffing his face with pork belly.

"If I can save money, why not?"

"Are you the gold-digger type? Love money not the person?"

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol.

"I hate money. But what can I do? This world functions on money," Baekhyun said.

"I thought you're smart. But I guess you have limits too. Success isn't associated with money."

"That's your opinion."

"It's the opinion of a lot of others," Chanyeol replied.

"But it's not everyone's opinion. Therefore, it is not a universal fact but rather a subjective assertion. And can we stop talking? Aren't you worried about our bags? The school will close at 8 PM."

"We can just get them tomorrow."

"Then what about my lunch box? What about the ants that will soon rent it temporarily? What about the investigatory projects? What if someone stole them?"

"Calm down. I already asked Xiumin to take them to his house," Chanyeol said. "Just continue eating."

The two then ate in silence. When they had finished the pork belly and rice cakes, they were too full. Maybe because they ate too fast that their stomach couldn't digest properly.

Chanyeol called for the waiter to put the tofu in a plastic bag.

"I'll give this to my parents. They love tofu," Chanyeol said.

"I'll give it to Lisa. Tofu is her favorite food," Baekhyun said.

I'm callmelisa so I'm not really lying here.

"You're going to her house? Let me accompany you."

"I'll actually drop by tomorrow morning. So no need for that." Baekhyun stood up with the plastic bag in his hands.

** Park Household

It was the first time that Chanyeol didn't eat supper with his family. Although he was the one who kept emphasizing the importance of eating together with one's family, he couldn't ignore Baekhyun unconsciously rubbing his empty stomach.

Chanyeol sat on his bed and checked his phone. No one important enough sent him a message but he did get a text message from Baekhyun.

From: Byun Baekhyun
Are you stupid? Do you want me to die? I think it's better if I commit suicide.

Chanyeol frowned for two reasons. First was that he didn't like the word stupid. A lot of people called him stupid just because he chose to pursue music over following in his dad's footsteps. His dad was really supportive though.

The second reason was that he didn't like the word suicide. His late younger sister died because of cancer. He didn't like it when anyone took their life lightly.

To: Byun Baekhyun
Call me stupid but at least I'm pursuing my passion. And suicide? Just look at all the people with cancer. They want to live.

From: ByunBaekhyun
At least you're just stupid. Other people want to pursue their passion but can't. And for you info, there are people who wish to die just as much as the people who wish to live. FFS Lalice
I'm so done with this shiz

Lalice? Isn't this Lisa's real name?

To: Byun Baekhyun
Lalice? This is Park Chanyeol

From: Byun Baekhyun
I was roleplaying with Lalice. Hahaha. Hahahaha. She just sent you a message. Hahhahahahahahahahahaahahhahshhahahshahhshs