Chapter 1

Don't listen in secret

Miha

The unknown man

The CEO

 

The eleven trainees were line up in the practise room waiting for their trainers to came. Today was the day of the trimestral evaluation. Each three months they have to perform in front of their teachers and the CEO (the boss of the company) and they will see if they are ready to debut or not. They have been doing this since they got into the company and at this point Miha was thinking that there must be other reasons for the postponement of their debut.

As the previous evaluations, they performed in front of the teachers while they are been recorded but this time there was a man they didn’t know who he was. After the performance, The vocal trainer told them that they are going to discuss the performance and later they will told they the results.

After some hours, Miha was called to the CEO office. When she arrived, the CEO was standing near the table while in his chair was the man they didn’t know about.

‘That’s strange’

  • Hello. - She said while bowing

  • Wellcome, Miha. Please sit down

She did as he told her while looking at her CEO but he was avoiding her gaze.

  • You are curious about why I called you here, right?

  • Were you the one who called me? Not the CEO?

  • Well, the both of us, you can say. But let’s get to the point. You aren’t anymore a trainee of this company.

‘What? What that means? Am I fired?’

Even if her mind was full of thoughts, nothing was coming out of her open mouth. As if he was reading her mind, the man said exactly what she was thinking.

  • Don’t worry. You aren’t fired or something like that. You have been transferred into another company. My company

  • Sorry, but I think that I am not understanding what are you trying to tell me.

  • From tomorrow, you will be a trainee of Pledis entertainment. Tomorrow morning you are moving to your new dorm and in the afternoon I want to see you in the company, Ok? Your CEO will tell you the rest of the details. Sorry but I have to go now, see you tomorrow.

The man left the room leaving behind two frozen people who were trying to figure out the situation.

  • What?... What happened?... Who is he?

  • Han Sung Soo, the CEO of Pledis entertainment

  • But why I’m now a trainee of his company. I don’t understand what going on

  • Since you are already involved in the matter, I think I should explain you the situation.

He sat down in the chair at the other side of the table and after a long silence he started to talk to an anxious Miha.

  • I don’t know if you have heard about some malicious comments that someone uploaded to internet some time ago about Seventeen, the youngest group of Pledis. They reported it to the police and after the investigation the found out that those comments came out from our IP.

‘Ohhh, no! This can’t be’

  • Han Sung Soo come directly to me asking for explanations, but I didn’t know anything about this, so he threatened me to charge me if we couldn’t make a good deal for him. We are almost broke so, we can’t afford to pay for anything, neither a good lawyer, so I told him that the only thing that I have right now are my trainees. At the end he agreed to take the best trainees with him and forget the matter as long as no more malicious comments about Seventeen will be upload in the future.

‘This isn’t happening’

  • So, I’m so sorry for say this but as he said, you aren’t any longer our trainee, but his. This night, pick up all you stuff and tomorrow I will take you to your new dorm

  • O… o… ok

  • You need time to think about it but the things are like this. Don’t be sad, take advantage of this opportunity and everything will be ok.

  • What are you going to do with the rest of the trainees? You said you are almost broke. Are you going to debut them?

  • That’s my problem, not yours. Don’t worry, I will find a way to solve it. Right now the problem is to find out who was the one who uploaded the comments.

  • You don’t have to worry about that

  • What?

  • I was the one who wrote that comments. It’s my fault

  • You? Why?

  • There are someone in that group that I want to let him know the unpleasant feeling of don’t be liked by someone and that was the only way I thought I could do it

At that moment the CEO was walking around the room with his hands in his head. This was bringing back his anxiety, but now he couldn’t lose the nerves.

  • Do you see what have you done? This is really unfair. You were the one who put the company in such situation but you are the one who is going to take advantage of it. You have more possibilities than your friends for debut, you know?! AAA!!

Miha was looking at the floor but at the same time looking at nothing.

‘that's right. I shouldn’t be the one in the good position, but that's what I had to do’

  • Aren’t you going to say anything?!

Now he was in front of Miha, looking at her with anger, but she couldn’t raise her head in order to look at him

  • I’m sorry

  • Yes, that’s all that you can say. At least in some years, when you will have got sick of Pledis, come back and pay your debt. Now, get out of my sight

He didn’t have to say it twice, in a blink of an eye Miha was out of the office. In her way to her dorm she thought about what she had listened and she could only think about how bad the things was going to turn.

 

‘They are broke, so they aren’t going to debut in a nearby future.

Also I’m going to be part of Pledis, one of the most known companies of entertainment of Korea, but they are going to destroy me, they are going to make me lose weight probably and I will have to catch up with the rest of trainees.

And the worst of all, I’m going to be in the same company as him’