Long way to go

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You wanna come?” I hesitantly asked. Not that I don’t want her to tag in but there is some kind of uncomfortable feeling being with her with another person. “My treat.”

Shinhye smirked. “Your partner said you’re going because of your job.” Then she tapped my shoulder. “I don’t want to ruin it since I don’t know how the kitchen works.”

“It’s not really like that though, right Seol?”I turned my attention to Seol. “Cheers can come, she made her way out here after all.”

“Who are you talking to Yonghwa?” Seol asked. “Shinhye already left after she tapped your shoulder.”

“That brat.”I sighed. “Let’s go grab some drink, but I’ll stop with two bottles only.”

“It’s funny that we are not yet starting but you already know your destination.” Seol laughed. “Let’s go!”

 

 

***

 

I really did finished my second bottle in less than ten minutes. Seol is talking about all she knew at work but all my mind is about is Shinhye. Is she drinking alone? She said last time that she can do it without me. I envy her on that since I never saw myself alone drinking. If that brat should just called me instead of standing there for an hour then it should be good. I should be good now, not having this childish thoughts.

“Are you still with me?” Seol hissed.

“Y-yes, I am here drinking with you.”

“Do you regret drinking with me?”

“Not really. I was just bothered by Shinhye.”

“Why?”

 

Why? For a lot of things. “I keep thinking if she went straight home or not.” That’s all I have to say.

 

“She’s not a freaking child, Yonghwa.” She gulped some beer. “You like her? Not a friend but more than that.”

“You know, I keep hearing those questions from all the people around us.”I smiled. “And as always my answer is no.”

“Why? You make a perfect couple, as far I can see it.” She said with all honesty.

“Why? Don’t have particular reason. Just no.” I affirmed.

 

Seol raised her hand. “I’ll buy you one more drink. For the road.”

 

I nodded.

After drinks are served, Seol cleared . “Since you confirmed no,” She stopped. “Let’s date.”

I casually gulped more beers to ease my mind.

“I like you.” She said coolly.

 

I paused and arranged the glass in front of me. “Just because I said I’m just friends with Shinhye does not mean it is okay for others. She’s not the main reason, I have mine too.” I smiled and stood up. “Apologies but I have to turn it down. I’ll pay the bill you can pay some other time.”

 

“You’re a Jung after all. You don’t give a damn.” She clang her glass to mine. “Cheers.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter