How We Met.

Shy Boy Mark Lee!

pink text : english

blue text : korean

♦Mark's POV♦

Ring ring...

School just started and students started to walk inside the class. They went to their seats one by one. I sighed, looking at the clock and back to the door. I looked at the students entering one by one, "Where is she..i mumbled to myself.

Let me guess.. she's going to be late again.. i thought. Then suddenly, i saw a tall girl walking inside, with her beautiful locks of hair swaying side to side. Her beautiful eyes scanned the whole class, and her gaze landed on mine. We locked our gaze and she shone that blinding smile of hers. I could feel my cheeks getting redder and redder. She walked closer to me gracefully, tightening her grip on the strap of her bag. Now she's standing right in front of me, and i could feel her floral fragrance tickling my nose.

"Good morning, Mark~~" her soothing voice was music to my ears. I could feel shivers up to my spine just hearing her voice early in the morning. I cleared my throat, still staring at her in awe. She's as beautiful as ever.

"Good m-morning, Avery" i stuttered, my eyes still on her who's sitting right beside me. My heart started beating faster like always. Why did i stutter?!

"Sorry for being almost late, oh and here.." she said, handing me papers. "I finished all of them!"

Seeing her letting her hair loose today made me speechless. I'm used to see her having her hair up into a ponytail, but these days she's letting her hair loose. And i liked it. Very much. She looked prettier.

"Ah good job, you'll be fluent in korean in no time." i said while taking the papers from her hand.

"Are you gonna tutor me again today? Later after school?" she asked, while preparing her books on her table.

"Sure, oh, instead of tutoring in your house, wanna go to mine?" i asked her, hoping her to say yes. Wait, am i being weird? Oh my god, why did i agree to them in the first place.. i'll sound weird asking her to go to my hou-

"Sure! But, is it okay for your hyungs??" she said cheerfully and my heart started picking up its pace. Did she just say yes? Holy , the plan is working.. 

"It's definitely fine! I'll introduce them to you one by one, and trust me, they're extremely friendly so don't worry. They'll welcome you warm-heartedly." I said, happy that she agreed.

"That's great! i'll be there at 5" she said excitedly.

Our first class today was History class.

"Good news for us today, class. Today we will be having a new transferee. She's half Canadian and half Korean." the teacher announced and the whole class cheered excitedly. Woah, a half Canadian? 

"She'll have her first day today, Avery, please come in." the teacher said and signalled someone to come in. The moment the new transferee stepped inside our class, the whole class turned silent. Some of them were whispering to each other and some of them were staring intensely at her.

"It's a girl!" "She's so pretty!!" "Oh my god, she's literally  goddess" the boys in my class said while staring at her with their jaws open. I felt mine were open too.

"Please introduce yourself to your new class"

"Hi, I'm Park Avery and i'll be your new classmate for this year. I'm still having a hard time understanding Korean since i've only been 2 months in Seoul so please bare with me~ Please take care of me~she said with fluent english and bowed 90 degrees. The whole class turned silent and looked at each other with a puzzled look, i think almost all of them didn't understand a word she's saying except for 'Please take care of me'. I laughed to myself. She has a really deep accent so when she speaks korean she sounded cute.

"Mrs.Park, what is she saying?" one of the students in my class asked our teacher out loud and the whole class laughed.

The teacher smiled, "She said she's having a hard time understanding Korean since she's been here for only 2 months." Avery just looked at Mrs.Park and nodded, i'm pretty sure she didn't have any idea what she's talking about too.

"Avery, you're hot! Please date me!" the boys in my class started to shout pick up lines at her in Korean, and she just awkwardly laughed at them.

"Yah, stop it." the teacher scolded and the whole class cracked up again. "What? It's not like she could understand us."

"Since you're still not fluent in Korean, i'm going to assign you to be seated with Mark Lee. He'll help you understand korean better." the teacher said and pointed at me.

"Will you do that, Mark?" Did she just say my name? "I will, mam." i said and i saw a glint of happiness in her eyes once she knew that i could also speak english.

She walked to my seat and we exchanged smiles. "Hi, nice to meet you, Mark." she said, lending her hand. Looking at her closer like this.. wow she's indeed very pretty.

"Nice to meet you, Avery." i said, shaking her hand. Her hand feels so smooth.. okay i'm being so weird now. "Sorry if i'm being a burden to you.. it's just that i've only been here for only 2 months, i'm still a newbie to this language. I need someone to help me understand Korean during my classes, and i'm so glad that i met you" she said, laughing nervously.

"Didn't you consider taking a korean language class before transfering to this school?" i asked her.

"I kind of want to do that but it would take a year or even more to complete it.. and i don't want to start my high school late." she said.

"Well, i know a little bit of korean.. so maybe that could help me a little bit" she added in korean.

I just stared at her, "Hey, you're actually a little fluent in korean. You just need to study a little more and you'll be ready. That's good." i said in korean, but she just stared at me in confusion.

I laughed, "I said that you're actually a little fluent in korean and you just need to study a little more" i said nd she laughed, "Ah, i see. Thanks!!".

"Mark you lucky bastard!!" i heard one of my male classmates shouted at me and the whole class laughed except for Avery. "What did he just say?" "Nothing important".

 

During my classes, both of us didn't really pay attention to the teacher. We spent our time getting to know each other more. I felt like she suits me so much. We have a lot in common, even our birth date are so close!

"Sooo Avery, you're half Canadian and half Korean?" i asked, Well that's a dumb question, i thought to myself.

She nodded, "Yep. Mom's a Canadian and My Dad is a Korean." she said.

"You're not going to believe this but me too!! But my Dad is a Canadian and my mom is a Korean. Pretty close." i said and she gasped, "Really? Oh my god, another thing in common. That's amazing." she said, laughing. I laughed too. And in that day, Avery automatically became my best friend in class.

Then the bell rang, and recess is here.

"Hey, um.. Mark?" She touched my shoulder, making me jolt in surprise. My cheeks became hot, i didn't know why i was acting like that.

"Y-Yes?" "Since i'm still new here.. and you're the only friend that can understand everything that i say.. can i join you at recess?" she asked shyly.

I quickly nodded, "S-sure!!" "What about your friends?" she asked hesitatedly.

"I'll introduce them to you, it will be okay. Let's go" i said, and she nodded, following me from behind. During our way to the school canteen, we passed by many classes, and i introduced the classes to her one by one, so that she wouldn't get lost, because this school is pretty big.

We made it to the school canteen and we walked to where me and my friends usually eat. I could see nervousness in Avery's face as she followed me from behind. From afar, i could already see my friends staring at me in shock. And i saw Donghyuck with his eyes wide open, and his mouth covered with his hand. I shot him a glare and mouthed 'It's not what you think'.

"Mark lee! Your new girlfriend? How come you never introduce her to us?" Jaehyun said, eyeing Avery beside me. I heard Avery immediately coughing. I think she knew what they are talking about.

"Um, no. She's actually new here." I said nervously.

" Avery, this is Jaehyun. Jae, this is Avery Park." i said, introducing Avery to Jaehyun.

Jaehyun smiled at her and they shook hands, " I'm Jaehyun, nice to meet you!" Jaehyun said in accented english. Avery nodded, "Your english is nice". "I lived in America for four years!!" the rest of the boys laughed.

"That guy beside him  is Jeno, that's Jaemin, and this boy here is Donghyuck. We actually also have Winwin with us but he's absent today so yeah." I said while pointing at them one by one.

"Hi!" they all said in unison and Avery bowed to them.

"You're sooo pretty!" Donghyuck said, still staring at her with his hand over his mouth.

Avery blushed and laughed nervously, "T-thanks!!" she said.  Then we sat together with Avery between me and Donghyuck.

The atmosphere here suddenly became awkward, since only me and Jaehyun were the ones who could speak english very well. So the rest just chose to stay silent since they weren't that fluent in english. To break the awkwardness, Jeno and Jaemin got up to fetch us food.

 "Soo... you're half Canadian and half Korean?" Donghyuck asked while sipping his juice box.

"Yes i am, just like Mark." she said and looked at me while smilling. My heart started pumping faster again. Why are you acting like this, Mark? Chill the f down.

"Wow, i think you found your soulmate already." Jaehyun said to me and laughed. "You have a boyfriend?" Donghyuck asked in his crooked english and Jaehyun laughed again

 Avery blushed and shook her head, "No". What the hell is he doing?!

Jeno and Jaemin came back with 4 trays that are full of food. They quickly handed us our requests, "Here, Avery. I hope you like this. As our welcome gift to you, we're treating you breakfast today!" Jeno said, handing her a bowl of kimchi fried rice. Jaemin nodded.

She turned to me, confused. "They said that as their welcome gift they're treating you this bowl of kimchi fried rice." i explained to her and she gasped, stood up and bowed to them, "Thank you so much! Thank you" she kept on thanking them. "Aahh it's okay!! Enjoy your first meal here in this school!" Jaemin said and she nodded happily. With that, the six of us ate together.

Recess is over, and we head back to our classes. "Bye pretty girl~" Donghyuck coo-ed before walking away with Jaemin and Jeno.

Jaehyun laughed and slapped the back of his head, "Yah, stop it you're disgusting".

I shrugged, "Sorry for his attitude" i said, laughing nervously, hoping that his flirty attitude didn't scare her or disgust her.

She laughed, "What? Why? He's cute". After when she said that, i felt something weird inside me. Something unexplainable, but felt weird.

"That kimchi fried rice was lit!! Your friends are so nice." she said cheerfully. I smiled.

Days went by, and weeks went by.. my feelings towards Avery have been progressively increasing. I just realized that i actually like her. She already became close friends with Jaehyun, Jaemin, Jeno and Donghyuck. The two of us remained to be each other's seatmates since the first day of school until now. In every team projects, i'm always teaming up with her. The two of us are called as the foreign love birds in class, since we became pretty close very fast. And today, i want to take it to the next level.

Today's Monday, and we got a science presentation coming up. As usual, i teamed up with Avery. I was a little nervous; not because i'm afraid of messing up in front of the class, but i'm afraid of messing my words up in front of Avery.

"Yoo Mark!"

That voice. I smiled behind the locker door as i heard her voice from afar and her footsteps coming closer to me. I peeked my head out and closed the locker door, greeting her with a high five. She smiled, "Good morning. You're ready for the presentation today?" she asked, holding her books in her hands.

I just stared at her, she let her hair down loose today and i admired her loose curls on her hair.. she looked so beautiful. "Mark?" "Oh, yeah, of course i'm ready. Let's go to class." i said, embarassed that i spaced out in front of her. She smiled and walked with me to class.

At class, i could feel her mood suddenly changed. She became quieter than usual. I looked over at her, she was staring at the other groups presentating in front of the class worriedly. I raised my eyebrows, "Is there something wrong?".

She bit her lip and looked over her notes in her hand, "I'm.. I'm nervous, Mark. Are you sure we can't presentate this in English?" she asked again nervously. I laughed, "Of course not, dummy.".

She sighed, "I'm just afraid that i won't speak korean very well in front of class.. i'm afraid that i'll embarass myself. Mark, i'm doomed." she said, covering her face in her palms. I put my hand on her shoulder and i could feel her body tense up, "Avery, trust me, everything is going to be okay. You'll do fine. Just be confident." i said, reassuring her. She peeked through her fingers to look at me.

"I-I can't.. I'm so nervous.. I'll mess up.." she said, stuttering.

"Okay, thank you Moonbin and Woohyun! Next group, please." the teacher said, making Avery jolt in surprise. She started to breathe heavily, her face turned pale. "Mark.. we're next.." she said in terror. 

"You'll do fine don't worry. I'll help you talk throughout the presentation. Now let's go" i said, patting her on her back and stood up. She also stood up and walked to the front of the class with me. "Breathe in, breathe out" i could hear her mumbling. I smiled.

 

We finished our presentation and the whole class cheered. "Thank you, Mark and Avery. You two may seat down. Next group, please." the teacher said, smilling at both of us.

"The foreign love birds! you both did great!" one of the students shouted, and both of us laughed nervously.

After we reached to our seat, Avery cupped her face with her hands, "I can't believe i actually did it." she said in disbelief.

I nodded, "See? you did great. Your korean was great, i almost forget that you're a Canadian." i said and she laughed, playfully slapping my arm. I smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"Thank you for helping me. Really. If you weren't there i think i would pee myself in front of the class. I was so nervous but you helped me talk." she said.

"Anything for my Canadian pal" i said and she giggled.

Suddenly her face changed again. "What's wrong?"

"Mark, i really need to study korean more."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't keep on relying to you like this. I need.. to take korean lessons. My knowledge wasn't enough for me. I still need to learn more.."

I turned silent, and nodded slowly.

"I need to be fluent in korean. Struggling in korean would affect me further in my life.."

I looked at her, she seemed very serious. I cleared my throat.

"I can give you korean lessons if you want."

She turned to me in disbelief, "What?".

"I can tutor you. I'll help." i said, and i could see her cheeks turning bright pink. Please say yes, Avery. I want us to be more than friends..

"R-Really? Mark, you really don't have to-"

"It's okay, Avery. I'm ready to help. I'll be your tutor." i said.

She quickly hugged me. My heart exploded, i felt like i was flying. I smiled and hugged her back. "Thank you so much, Mark. You're such a nice guy."

"You're welcome, Avery."

Seconds later, she realized that the atmosphere became ten times more awkward. She quickly pulled away and laughed, "S-Sorry, i got to excited." she said. I could feel my entire body getting hotter after that hug. I nodded, "It's okay. When are you available this week?" i asked.

"You can come on Friday after school, if you want."

"Okay, i'll see you at 5 at your house."

"I'll text you my address later."

I nodded in response. Success. I can't believe she actually agreed to this.. i thought she would think that i'm weird. I really hope that she felt the same way towards me. I sighed, who knows. But the most important thing is, i got to be closer with her.

I couldn't stop smilling the whole day.

So i started tutoring her twice a week. At our every second meeting in a week i always give her homework to do to further improve her korean. We got closer and closer everytime we met. Everytime i came over to tutor her, we would order pizza after our session and we would watch movies together. Sometimes, our session would end at night and we would take long walks outside.

Avery, i hope you feel the same way towards me.

I smiled at my thoughts. I glanced over to Avery beside me, and stared at her as she took down notes from the teacher. She felt my gaze at her and she looked up and our eyes met. I could still feel the butterflies in my stomach like when we first met. "I know i'm pretty but, you're not taking notes?" she whispered. I giggled and nodded, "Oh yeah." i said and began to take notes.

After that, i found myself spacing out again.

"Mark lee!! Where have you been? You came home so late at night." Jaehyun said from the living room when he heard me opening the front door.

I bit my lip, "I-i... was from.."

"You're from Avery's home, i know." he cut my sentence, leaving me in shock. Where, how, when did he know about this? Last time i remembered, i never told him anything about me tutoring Avery.

"How did you.. know?" i asked, while walking towards him in the living room. He was with the others, there are Taeyong, Johnny, Yuta, Winwin, Jeno and Jaemin. They were gathering together while eating pizza. All of them were staring at me. I stared back at them, then at the pizza, then back at Jaehyun.

"You really shouldn't be hiding this towards us.. i mean, we're like literally your brothers now. It's okay to tell us how you feel towards her." Taeyong said, smilling at me.

My cheeks turned red, "What are you talking about.. i.." i looked down, trying to hide my now red face. "Okay fine, you got me.. but how did you-" "He really likes her!!" Yuta screamed and everyone started freaking out. Jeno and Jaemin were salsa dancing while screaming "It is proven!", Yuta doing cartwheels, Winwin and Taeyong squeezing each others' hands, and Jaehyun dancing to gangnam style while standing on the sofa. I stared at them in complete shock. Who are they and why are they my friends?

"W-What are you guys doing.. it's not like she likes me back or something.." i said shyly while taking off my shoes. All of them stopped right at that moment.

"Yah, it's so obvious that she's also into you." Johnny said, "come on, you two are so close, it's impossible for her to not feeling the same way towards you" he added.

I bit my lip.

"But what you did there, tutoring her, is such a smart move to be closer with her." Winwin said, smilling at me. I smiled back at him, "Thanks".

"You, boy, need to step up your game. Have you two ever went on movie dates or dinner together? Maybe take her to the amusement park?" Jaemin said.

"Jaemin i'm older than you. And no, most of our hangouts are my tutoring sessions.."

"Right. I mean, hyung. Why not you take her on a date? To the amusement park?" Jaemin said again, and the others cheered.

I looked away, "I'm scared, honestly" i said quietly.

"And why is that?"

Honestly i was asking the same question to myself.

"I'm just worried if she's not feeling the same way towards me and she would think i'm really weird.. and she would distance herself away from me.."

"Yah you're thinking too much. She definitely likes you too, Mark."

"No she's not"

Jaehyun sighed and rolled his eyes, "whatever you say, but you gotta tell how you feel towards her." he said.

"I.. can't.." i said slowly and the boys boo-ed me. I sighed.

"Why are you acting like this. Stop being so shy,"

I kept silent.

"If you kept on acting like this and decided to not step your game up, she'll be bored with you, man. She'll definitely leave you. You'll never know until you try." Taeyong said while glaring at me.

"Let's just.. not talk about this for a while." I said, walking up back to my room.

"Yah! Mark!"

I stopped on my tracks and looked back at them.

"Do it before it's too late"

I sighed, "Okay fine. What should i do?".

The boys' face were brightened up again and Jaehyun stood up, "ask her to come over here and introduce her to more of us, and by more of us, i mean Taeyong hyung, Johnny hyung and Yuta hyung." Jaehyun said. "We'll help you, Mark. We got a plan." Yuta said.

I raised my eyebrows, "Okay but, you planned everything already?". They nodded in unison.

Then i just realized something. "Wait, where's Donghyuck?"

"He's asleep already" Winwin replied and i nodded, walking back to my room.

But the real question is..

How the hell did they know that i'm tutoring Avery?

That question still remains until today.

hiii how's the first chapter yall? Was it good?^^

soo i decided to make this into a two-shot, so please anticipate on the last chapter coming up soon<33

please leave down your comments down below about how you feel about this first chapter:3

 

 

 

 

©monsterous 2017