final.

Staring is Caring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

sorry the text is bolded, aff is being really dumb and wont let me change it, its annoying me so much omfg, anyway hope you guys like it !

 

 

There he goes again.

Baekhyun could feel it, the eyes burning through through the back of his skull. The bubblegum-haired boy inwardly cringed as he tried to ignore the staring, trying to focus on the teacher’s lecture on the rhetorical analysis of the article they read at the beginning of class. He didn’t know why, but Oh Sehun was staring at him, yet again, with that same old scowl on his face. Baekhyun hated it because he could tell what the other was thinking. Irritation was evident in Baekhyun’s sigh as he exhaled a little too loudly for their teacher’s liking.

“Is there something with my lesson that’s bothering you, Mr. Byun?”

Baekhyun immediately straightened up in his seat, shaking his head and muttering an apologetic ‘no sir’ before looking back down at his blank piece of paper he was suppose to be taking notes on. If only he wasn’t distracted by the incessant staring…

 

Screw you Oh Sehun. He wasn’t even technically doing anything, and yet he still got him trouble.

 

 

*****

 

 

“He was doing it again!” Baekhyun groaned, resting his face into the palms of his bands. Jongdae, a friend of his, clamped his hand down on the shorter’s shoulder.

“Maybe he likes you.” Baekhyun looked up at his friend who grinned down at him, obviously amused with Baekhyun’s frustration. Baekhyun shrugged Jongdae’s hand off of his shoulder and threw a mock punch at the taller’s stomach.

“Shut up, Jongdae.” The bell rang signaling the beginning of class, sending Jongdae to his seat quietly chuckling to himself. Pushing Sehun to the back of his, Baekhyun set up for class and waited for further instructions from his teacher.

“For this week’s project, you guys are going to get into pairs and pick a chapter of the book to annotate and at the end of the week you and your partner are going to present your rhetorical analysis of your chapter to the class.”

Baekhyun actually felt excited for this assignment. He was actually enjoying the book they were reading and figured this would be easy, especially with his usual partner, Minseok, Jongdae’s boyfriend.

Baekhyun often teased his best friend, saying how he didn’t know why such a smart guy like Minseok would go out with him which usually earned him a slap to the arm, followed by a high pitched whine, and Kyungsoo telling them both to stop. He and Minseok were always partners whenever they had to group assignments.

Minseok was pretty quiet compared to him and Jongdae, which made Baekhyun wonder how Minseok and his best friend even started dating since they were so different, but nonetheless he still thought they were cute together.

“And since I can’t trust you guys enough to pick your own partners, I’m going to assign partners this time. Maybe next time you guys will learn to behave and actually get your work done,” he warned.

Baekhyun suddenly felt panic creeping up on him. Calm down. There’s no way he’s gonna assign Sehun to be your partner. There’s just no way.

“Baekhyun, you’re with...Sehun.”

Realising he was holding his breath, Baekhyun exhaled as he shut his eyes and slowly sank down into his chair, letting the reality of the situation fully wash over him.

Slowly turning around, he stole a glance of his new partner, only to find the other boy staring right back at him. Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he quickly turned his attention back to board.

If looks could kill, Baekhyun would definitely be dead by now with the way Sehun was practically shooting daggers to the back of his head. He wondered why he had such bad luck.

 

 

*****


 

“I cannot believe you actually got paired up with him!” Jongdae had trouble controlling his laughter as crumbs fell from his open mouth.

“Babe, I don’t think you’re helping,” Minseok said, trying to calm him down, “sorry Baek.” Minseok gave him an apologetic smile, then turned to Jongdae with a pointed look.

“It’s fine. It’s not your fault your boyfriend is a complete .” He glared at Jongdae, angrily stuffing a handful of fries into his mouth.

“Hey! I’m also your best friend remember? And come on, you can’t tell it’s not even a least a little funny? Dude, you sure have luck like what were the odds?”

“I don’t even know. When I looked back at him he looked like he wanted to kill me, guess he really didn’t wanna be my partner…”

“At least he’s hot,” Jongdae shrugged, earning him a scowl from his boyfriend.

“Ugh, gross,” Baekhyun groaned.

Jongdae raised his brows at his best friend before he took a bite of his pizza.

“Come on even if he is an , you gotta admit he’s pretty good looking.” Jongdae immediately spit out the bite of pizza in his mouth when he realized it was still hot.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He knew Sehun was attractive, but his pride wouldn’t allow him to actually admit it, especially out loud.

“Whatever.”

“Look Baekhyun I’m sure it’s all in your head and that it’s gonna be fine,” Kyungsoo reassured, piping up after listening to Baekhyun wallow in despair for half of lunch. He nudged his shoulder and motioned to something behind him.

“Look there he comes right now, why don’t you talk to him?”

Baekhyun turned around to see Sehun walking in their direction. Without any hesitation, Baekhyun got up and walked toward him, stopping the taller before he could get to his table with the rest of the basketball team.

“Uhm hey, Sehun,” the shorter said with a forced smile on his face. Sehun stared at him for a few seconds before giving simply giving Baekhyun a nod. Baekhyun’s right eye twitched.

“So, uhm, do you want to meet up today after school to talk about what parts we should annotate and stuff?” The black-haired boy looked at him for few seconds, causing Baekhyun to slightly fidget under his feeling uncomfortable under his gaze.

“I’m busy today,” the taller said, walking away before the other could even reply.

Baekhyun stood there in half shock, half irritation with his mouth agape as he watched Sehun walk away from him. He rolled his eyes, marched back to his seat and plopped down in front of his lunch.

“Oookay- so I guess it wasn’t all just in your head.”

“Who does he think he is?! Did you hear the way he said that? It was like I wasn’t worthy enough to talk to him! Just because he’s on the basketball team and popular doesn’t mean he needs to be rude. He’s such a .”

“Damn Baek, what did you ever do to piss him off?” Jongdae asked.

“Nothing! Absolutely nothing, that’s the first time we ever had a conversation! If you could even call it that! He didn’t even say hi back, that .”

 

*****

 

Baekhyun wanted to kill Sehun. Okay maybe that’s a little too exaggerated but Baekhyun sure did want to hurt him. There were only two days left until their project was due and Baekhyun and Sehun hadn’t even started, let alone talked.

Baekhyun had suggested they meet up to work on it a couple times, despite Sehun being so rude the first, and each time Sehun would brush him off telling him he was busy.

Baekhyun was not about to fail this project just because Sehun didn’t want to do his part of the work and he was not about to do all the work and let Sehun take the credit. He was going to force the other to work on it, even if it killed him.

 

*****

 

“Remember guys, your presentations are due Friday so you guys better not wait ‘til the last minute to do them. I will notice if you guys did or not,” Mr. Kim said as he eyed everyone down.

The class immediately rushed to the door once the bell rang, Baekhyun quickly ran to catch up to Sehun before the other could leave.

“Sehun!” he yelled.

The taller turned around, giving Baekhyun a bored look.

“What?” Baekhyun suppressed his urge to scoff and roll his eyes. .

“Uhm I know you’re a busy person and all, but our project is due in two days and we haven’t even started on it so…” He looked up at the other expectantly.

Sehun looked at him for a few seconds again before clearing his throat and replying. “Fine, are you free today after school?” Baekhyun nodded.

“We can meet in the library after sixth.”

“Okay, see you then.”

“Wait- Can I uh- get your number, just in case anything happens.” The last thing Baekhyun wanted to do was give him his number, but still, he handed Sehun his phone to type his number in. Baekhyun saved his number under ‘’ as he snickered to himself.

 

 

*****

 

 

The library was filled with the quiet murmuring of students studying together in their little groups.

There was a tap tap tapping sound as a certain pink-haired boy impatiently drummed on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter