News

-WAR_ Taegi

Yoongi believed in what was right.

He’s always been like that.

He always takes the bumpy road instead of the smoother one.

In any situation.

Including this one.

“How would my action benefit this country?” Yoongi’s hands were shaking. His fingers tightened around the ink pen as the time ticked by.

Tic. Toc.

Tic. Toc.

His hair seemed darker than it already was in this small room, it fell in front of his eyes but he didn’t bother brushing it back up.

“Even one more recruit would mean so much, Japan is now at risk and if we help them that means Germany and Italy would come and protect us as well.” Yoongi gulped and looked down at the contract and application form.

“What are the chances of coming back?”

The soldier did not answer.

Yoongi didn’t expect one.

“Our country depends on these recruitments.” The soldier practically begged, Yoongi’s hands were still shaking.

He need to make a choice.

But….

How would he tell Taehyung?

 

 

“Hey.” Taehyung poured some tea for Yoongi and placed the cup in front of him lightly, then poured a cup of his own.

“Hey.” Yoongi replied as calmly as he could. Taehyung ruffled his hair and grinned.

“Your hair’s all messy, did you run home again?” He asked like a mother and brushed his hair back, giving him a gummy smile.

“Hehe…” Yoongi laughed it off and took a hold of Taehyung’s hand. He looked up from his tea and grinned, his mouth forming a box. He puts his free hand on top of Yoongi’s cold hands.

“What’s up?” He asked.

Yoongi’s hands were still shaking.

“It’s just…” Taehyung squeezed his hands and tilted his head.

“I’m just glad you’re with me.”

Yoongi’s chest hurts.

He looked down at Taehyung’s large and warm hands.

It was like an itch he can’t reach.

No matter how hard he tries.

“I signed up for the army today.”

Yoongi stayed quiet.

The itch was back.

Tic. Toc.

Tic. Toc.

Taehyung’s grinned soon faded into a neutral expression.

His eyes seemed to stay unfocused on Yoongi’s face.

His hands loosened around Yoongi’s freezing hands.

His lips quivered.

“What…?”

Tic. Toc.

Tic. Toc.