The only chapter

Nighttime at Produce 101

The first night of produce 101, there was a mattress missing in Samuel and Daehwi's room.  It became a race between the trainees in their room to see who could finish up first, the last person would have no mattress for the night.  Samuel and Daehwi forgot about this fact, and practiced until ten minutes before lights out before going back to their room.  In their room, they were reminded of the missing mattress, but it wasn't that big of a deal to them.  They got ready for bed as quickly as they could, and climbed into the top bunk together.  

 

The second night of produce 101 there were enough mattresses, but after a few minutes of lying alone, Samuel climbed up to Daehwi's bunk and the two easily fell asleep like that.

 

The third night of produce 101 Daehwi fell asleep on Samuel's shoulder during a break from practice, and Samuel carried him back to their dorm and put him on what was supposed to be Samuel's bunk, the bed he always left in exchange for Daehwi's.  Samuel snuggled up to the already sleeping boy, and fell asleep.

 

The fourth night of produce 101 their other room mates were still practicing when the two of them left for the dorm.  So Samuel and Daehwi took the time to talk about anything and everything, switching to English when their room mates came in.  The topic changed from America to the unaccepting homophobia of Korea compared to how loose it is in America.  Both boys agreed that they had open minds, and people could like whoever they wanted.

 

The fifth night of produce 101 meant that people would change ranks and therefore rooms.  Luckily, Samuel, Daehwi, and the five other boys who scored A originally kept their rank.  But since they had the opportunity, some of their old room mates switched rooms, and they got some new room mates.  Daniel and produce 101's maknae switched into their room.

 

The sixth night of produce 101 Daehwi was commenting in English on how close Daniel and Woojin had become, only for Daniel to defend himself in English, meaning that their days of communicating in a language their room mates didn't understand were over.

 

The seventh night of produce 101 Daniel was not in the room, so Samuel and Daehwi talked again in English.  That night they fell asleep in Samuel's bed, holding hands for comfort for the first time.

 

The eighth night of produce 101 Samuel fell asleep first, and Daehwi realized he felt something fluttery in his stomach every time he saw Samuel.  Daehwi worried he was getting sick.

 

The ninth night of produce 101 they talked again about less deep things, not caring who was listening.  Daniel butted into their conversation about the ranks' shirt colors to say that the shirt almost matched the color of his hair but didn't quite and it bugged him.  Daehwi and Samuel laughed about that.

 

The tenth night of produce 101 Samuel told Daehwi how much he loved his smile and Daehwi nearly combusted.

 

On the eleventh night of produce 101 they found two trainees making out in their room, and backed out, panicked.  They slept in one of the practice rooms that night along with Daniel and Woojin.  Panic and things-you-should-have-never-seen-but-somehow-can't-burn-out-of-your-mind really build a sense of comradery, as does sleeping on sweaty smelly hardwood floors.

 

On the twelfth night of produce 101 Daehwi thinks deeply on what has happened for the past few days and comes to a startling revelation.

 

On the thirteenth night of produce 101 Daehwi wasn't feeling well and spent the night watched over by some sort of nurse for the show.  Samuel spent the night thinking, and realized how much he cares for the older boy.

 

On the fourteenth night of produce 101 Daehwi was back and better than ever and Samuel nearly knocked him over with a running hug.  The trainees who saw them teased them, but they were just glad to see each other again.

 

On the fifteenth night of produce 101 they were the last to go to bed, and in the comfortable darkness Daehwi kissed Samuel's cheek before he fell asleep.  Samuel stayed awake until his heart calmed down.  

 

On the sixteenth night of produce 101 Samuel was determined to get payback, so he kissed Daehwi's cheek before falling asleep.  Daehwi thought that maybe there was hope after all.

 

On the seventeenth night there were apparently different trainees making out in the room next to theirs.  That night everyone in their room shared a bunk with someone to accommodate the trainees from the other room.  Samuel, Daehwi, Daniel, and Woojin all wondered why they never thought of that.  Samuel wondered why so many of the trainees were making out in the time they could be sleeping or practicing.  But at least as Daehwi pointed out, they weren't doing anything more than making out.

 

On the eighteenth night of produce 101 there was peace in the dorms, but not in Samuel or Daehwi's minds.  They had both realized why trainees were all making out.  Attraction.  They each privately wished they could have the same with a certain someone.

 

On the nineteenth night of produce 101 they returned late from their performance on mnet.  Samuel was so proud of Daehwi that he could kiss him.  And so he did. 

 

 

A/n:  another samhwi fic... What am I doing with my life?  Anyway, I go back to school tomorrow so I won't be able to post these as often, but if you have any samhwi one shot ideas I can try to write them for you?? If you like my writing style.  Anyway.  Hope you liked it~