Chapter 1

Project Royalty!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Mister and Miss Park, good evening and thank you for coming over so soon. The king and queen are waiting for you in their office. Follow me." A nervous smile was plastered on Mister Park's face, as he and his wife followed the maid upstairs through the palace. He already had in mind what this sudden meeting would be about, as the king never liked to be disturbed in the evening unless it was something urgent. 
"Good evening mister and miss Park, please take a seat." The King got up from his chair to welcome his guests. Mister and Miss Park sat down at the table across him and they noticed the nervous look on the queen's face. Something was definitely going on. "Is everything alright?" Miss Park asked, looking at the queen. "Well, it will all depend on the conversation we are about to have." The King answered. "Let's say that the future of our beautiful country lays in your hands, mister and miss Park." Mister Park adjusted his glasses and gave the king a confused look. "What do you mean by that?" The King got up from his chair and walked over to the window. "I know that this might be a lot for you to take in, but my wife and I thought this through many times. I do not want you to take this decision as my best political advisor, but also as a father." Miss Park immediately got up from the chair, . "Is this about the deal we made 25 years ago?" The queen nodded firmly in response. "Our son has reached the age now where everyone is expecting him to get married and prepare to take over the throne. There are already stories being made up in the media about him and as the future king, he needs to have a good reputation." The king explained. "And we have seen your daughter grow up into a lovely young lady, who would make a perfect princess. The whole nation will love her and she will have a wonderful and bright future alongside our son." The queen added to her husband's words. Mister Park nodded, but a spark of doubt could be seen in his eyes. "When do you want the wedding to take place?"

Please log in to read the full chapter