FINAL

My Water Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her name is Tiffany. She claims herself as Taeyeon's Number 1 fangirl. Who's Taeyeon? Well she's the school's basketball starplayer. 

"This game was intense. So it was quite tiring," Tiffany wiped her forehead while walking with her friend Jessica, holding the empty large water container. 

"It's your own choice and fault you know. You chose to be their team's water girl. You know that's quite hard."

"Well if it's for my Taetae," Tiffany bit her lip then smiled widely facing the ground.

"You know, just confess to her. You're making a fool out of yourself."

"Yah! Who's a fool? And it's easier to say it than to do it." Tiffany huffed.

"Okay then. I'll be going inside my house now. Bye Tiff!" Jessica said.

"Bye Jessie! Till the next game!" Tiffany giggled.

 

Tiffany put the large container on the floor and sighed. She went to the photograph that she took and posted on her window, Taeyeon. 

"What do I do now? I thought it was just a mere admiration Taetae. But now I-I think I'm falling. Would you catch me?" Tiffany stared at the photograph.

She huffed loudly as she said, "I'm nothing but you water girl." She secretly whispered to the wind.

"I can't even bring myself to bring you water without looking down or blushing. Moreover I can't even bring myself to confess to you." She then dragged her body to bed.

"See you in my dreams Taetae," Tiffany smiled before sleeping.

"You know, our water girl this year is really weird," Taeyeon said to her buddies. 

"Why? I think she's very pretty though." Yuri said and whistled.

"ert. Is she pretty? I can't even see her face because she always look down the floor." Taeyeon frowned at every memory of the water girl.

"Oh, Tiffany Hwang? I heard she's a big fan of our team. I was close to hearing her favorite member but then Yuri grabbed me to the court. Aish~" Sooyoung elbowed Yuri.

"If that's how she behaves around Taeng, then I think Taeyeon is the least member she likes." Yuri said.

"Yah!" Taeyeon slapped her arms.

Yuri bursted out laughing, "I was joking Taeng! If she behaves like a girl who's shy in front of her long term crush in front of you then I think you're her favorite member." Yuri winked at her.

"Nah. I doubt that. Wait, I don't even know her. Nevermind, I might search her later on SNS." Taeyeon cocked her eyebrows.

"I think she's a 'NBSB' though. SO good luck Taengoo oppa," Sooyoung laughed out loud.

 

She typed 'Tiffany Hwang' on her instagram and browse through the latter's feed.

"Hmm she's quite pretty. Too bad I'm going to confess to my crush soon," Taeyeon smiled widely.

Tiffany was preparing the large container and plastic cups before the game in an empty basketball court when she suddenly heard a dribble of a ball.

"Aren't you too early Tippani-ssi?" A familiar voice called her out.

"O-oh Taeyeon-ssi." She bowed in full formality, biting her lips because of the heat in her cheeks.

'Cute.' Taeyeon secretly giggled.

"Can I have some water?"

"Y-yes of course. Here," she gave Taeyeon a water while bowing her head.

"You always bow your head when giving me water. Are you shy?" Taeyeon cocked her brows then gulped the water.

"No! I-I mean, I'm not shy Taeyeon-ssi." Tiffany wanted to facepalm her face if not because of Taeyeon who's in front of her.

"Is that so? You should at least allow me to see your face when bringing water." 

"Y-yes, I'll do it from now on."

"I'll practice. I hope you don't mind."

"N-no I don't really mind."

 

Tiffany has been fidgeting her phone since Taeyeon started practicing. Well 'pretending' to be busy with her cellphone.

"Yah Taengoo-yah!" She was relieved when she saw Kwon Yuri entered the court.

Seems like Yuri noticed Tiffany's presence, "Oh! Tiffany-ssi!" Yuri smiled at Tiffany. Tiffany smiled back though the awkward one.

"What is it Kwon?" Taeyeon passed the ball to Yuri.

"The game is not going to happen." Yuri said dribbling the ball. Tiffany's mouth agape. 

'But I've work hard just to carry this container from the storage room.' Tiffany sighed.

"Huh? Why?" Taeyeon suddenly stood up properly.

"The other team decided to default themselves." Yuri put the ball on its shelf.

"Oh. Is that so? Then I think we should go. I want to watch Ji Eun's Training." Taeyeon seems like in a hurry.

'Lee Ji Eun? The school's top gymnast? She's Taeyeon's rumored crush?' Tiffany pouted as she saw the 2 figures fade.

"I think I should not worry about that now. I have to carry this big thing. I wouldn't be shocked if I gain muscles already," With that Tiffany started to lift the container.

"Need a help?" 

"Huh?" She put the container to see who it was. 'Taeyeon again?'

"I heard you mumbling then I decided to go back to see you lifting this big thing. I thought you could use a help." Taeyeon said.

"I'll be okay. I do this every single time."

"Well not until today," Taeyeon clicked her tongue and startled Tiffany when she went near and started lifting it.

"H-hey I really can do that, you know."

"And I can do it to, Miss You know." Taeyeon giggled.

"You just need to accompany me from now on." Taeyeon added.

 

Because of that incident Tiffany has been having small talks with Taeyeon like 'Have you eaten?', 'How's your day?', 'How's the game for you?', or if she's lucky 'Tell me about your day'.

This was one of those days when Taeyeon would lift the container while she accompany her.

"Tippani-ssi, I have something to ask you. I hope you don't mind." Taeyeon said.

"Shoot."

"I remember you being in the same class as Ji Eun. Right?" 

Tiffany nodded. She inwardly sighed 'A Ji Eun related question huh.'

"How is she? I mean what's her characteristic?" Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany's mind seems to be in a riot. 'Aish why Ji Eun?'

"Ah... I gues you also don't know. Sorry for asking," Taeyeon sheepishly smiled.

"Taeyeon-ssi, I hope you also don't mind but my mom suddenly texted me to be home before 4. Can I go ahead?" Tiffany asked.

"Oh. Of course you can Tippani-ssi. The storage room is almost near anyway." Taeyeon said.

"Okay bye!" Tiffany bowed before running away.

"She's strange. Her phone didn't even buzzed. Anyway, I have to go home too I guess."

 

Tiffany was alone, sitting at a cafe near her neighborhood. She sighed as she remembered Taeyeon's question. 'She really cares about her, hmm?'

"You lied." A pull of the chair in front of her suddenly startled her. As she looked at the unknown stranger, her eyes widened.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Lee Jonghyun. Lee Ji Eun's older brother. A swimmer to be exact.

'Of all people, why do Ji Eun's older brother have to be in front of me. It just reminds me of Taeyeon's question more.' Tiffany inwardly groaned.

"J-jonghyun-ssi? What are you doing here? And what do you mean I lied?" Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows.

"Let me order first."

 

"So... What do you mean?"

"I heard your conversation with Taeyeon-ssi. Seems like your mother didn't really texted you." Jonghyun said then sipped at the ice blended hazelnut as he smirked.

"No! I was just mistaken. I thought it was before 4, it turns out before 7," Tiffany lied.

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes on Tiffany, sensing Tiffany's cellphone on the table, he swiftly snatched it.

"Yah!" Tiffany tried snatching her phone away from Jonghyun knowing there is no password.

'Aish! I should've put a password' Tiffany thought.

"Oh! It seems like our little Tiffany is having a crush on Taeyeon-ssi. I didn't know you swing that way, even your homescreen is Taeyeon. You're a great photographer hmm," Jonghyun winked at her teasingly. Jonghyun went to the messages history and saw no text from Tiffany's mother.

"You lied to me Two times Tiffany-ssi. Looks like I have to tell Taeyeon," Jonghyun sighed then giggled.

"No! D-don't. What do you want? Just don't tell Taeyeon."

"Anything?" Jonghyun forwards his own body and raised one brow.

"Y-yes. Anything." Tiffany huffed.

"Well then since you lied to me Two times and to Taeyeon-ssi 1 time. I think 3 dates will do." Jonghyun smiled.

"W-what?!"

"Why? You don't like the deal? Fine then. Byeeee~~~," Jonghyun stood up.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Okay. Fine. 3 dates."

"Good. Now let me walk you home." Jonghyun patted Tiffany's head.

"When will the date be held?" Tiffany asked.

"Well, I think whenever I feel like going out." Jonghyun giggled.

Tiffany was anticipating what Taeyeon will ask her today. When they reached the storage room, it was still filled with silence. Odd. Tiffany may say.

"Are you okay, Taeyeon-ssi?" Tiffany asked. Taeyeon remained silent, looking down the floor.

"O-okay then. You don't have to answer that. I-I'll go now." Tiffany said. She was about to walk when she felt a hand on her shoulders halting her from taking another step.

"Tippani-ssi."

"Y-yes Taeyeon-ssi?"

"I'm not okay. Can you accompany me and eat with me?" Taeyeon looked at Tiffany.

"P-pardon?"

"Nevermind. I think I'll have to eat by myself hmm?"

"No! I- I mean I can accompany you. I-if you still want."

"Right. Let's go?" Tiffany nodded at that.

 

"Tippani-ssi may I ask you one thing?"

"Yes Taeyeon-ssi?"

"I think we'll have to drop formalities since we're already at the eating together stage. Anyway, have you ever been in love?"

"Y-yes, I-uhm have."

"Then can you give me an advice?"

"What's the problem."

"What will you do if you love someone but it seems like she doesn't love you back? What if she's in a relationship already?" Taeyeon asked.

'Is it because of Ji Eun, Taeyeon-ah?' Tiffany thought.

"W-well for me, I'd give up."

"H-huh?" Taeyeon was shocked by the unusual advice.

"Because I don't want to be the second lead again." Tiffany suddenly blurted out. 'Why not make me your first lead Taeyeon-ah?'

"What second lead?"

"Well in dramas, they always fail to give appreciation to the second lead, when actually the second lead is the person who was always there often instead of the first lead." Tiffany tried to explain.

"That's cool."

"I was joking Taeyeon-ah. For me, from the start you should know that love will always hurt and it is a battle. So you have to go out there and fight. Even if there's a risk of losing. Fight for her." Tiffany felt like she was a fool for advicing this to Taeyeon when actually this can be a chance for her.

'Isn't funny Taeyeon-ah? While you're fighting for her, I'm busy here getting wounded and fighting for you' Tiffany pursed her lips.

"Woah... That's deep Tiffany. Anyway, I'll follow that. And who's this special one wom you're in love with?" Taeyeon asked.

'It's you pabo!' Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to talk about her. She break my heart. She's in love with somebody else." Tiffany munched her burger.

"Wow. I didn't know you swing that way. She's a pabo then for not noticing you and looking at somebody else." Taeyeon shook her head.

"Yes. I want to hate her but I can't."

"You should hate her then."

'I can't hate you. Sadly.'

 

And Taeyeon did follow what Tiffany said.

"Fany-ah!"

Tiffany smiled at the familiar shout. To be honest, she was now ready to confess. She built enough courage. She wanted Taeyeon to know what she truly feels.

"Why?"

"Come on! I'll treat you!"

"Why all of a sudden?"

"I'll say it to you later. Come on!"

 

"I have somthing to say too Taeyeon-ah. So you go first. Now say it Taeyeon-ah."

"Well... Ji Eun and her boyfriend broke up!"

'Or not.' Tiffany inwardly sighed.

"W-wow. T-that's a good news Taeyeon-ah. Congrats to you I guess." Tiffany faked a smile.

"So... what are you planning to do?" Tiffany asked.

"I don't want to be a coward again so I'm going to confess!" Taeyeon smiled widely.

'That's right Taeyeon-ah, don't be a coward like me,' Tiffany munched at her burger like she was in a hurry.

"Woah slow down Fany-ah." Taeyeon said.

"I- I can't." Tiffany muttered.

"What? Pardon Fany?"

"N-nothing. I'll have to go home. I remembered I have an errand to make."

"It's raining hard. How are you going home Tiffa-" She wasn't able to finish what she was going to say when Tiffany bolted out of her sit.

 

Tiffany ran away from where Taeyeon was. She ran until she kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter