The Sky Is So Blue Again

Nothing but the Six Dolls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRESENT DAY

INT: GAMJU HOUSE – SOEKJIN’S ROOM – AFTERNOON

The door buzzes open as Dr. Han lets Soekjin walk in ahead of him and he follows. Soekjin walks up to his bed and sits, letting his eyes drift to the yellow petals sitting on his table where he’d left them earlier in the morning. Dr. Han sits on the desk chair, turning it around to face Soekjin.

DR. HAN

So you feel you could have done something to prevent that horrible night?

SOEKJIN

If I had just taken them all out for dinner… Like Taehyung had suggested… we’d all be together and… (Sniffs)… Kookie wouldn’t be…

Soekjin trails off as he pulls a light brown-haired doll from beneath his white blanket. He puts it to his nose and sniffs.

DR. HAN

But from what you’ve said, they were all heading in that direction anyway. If those things didn’t happen that day, they could have happened some other day.

SOEKJIN

I still feel like it was my job. I’m the hyung. They all looked up to me.

Dr. Han sits quietly as Soekjin pets his brown-haired teddy and hums the tune of “I Need You”.

DR. HAN

What’s that tune?

SOEKJIN

(Shrugs)

Nothing. It just sits in my head whenever I remember them. There was so much more I could have done.

DR. HAN

But now you sound like God.

SOEKJIN

I’m not God.

DR. HAN

Maybe, in a way, you are?

SOEKJIN

(Confused)

How?

DR. HAN

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter