Fall, Fall, Fall, Scattering

Nothing but the Six Dolls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A FEW MONTHS AGO

EXT: TRAIN YARD – WRECK BAY – NIGHT

Yoongi tosses his lit lighter unto the stacked pieces of wood and other flammables as it picks up and begins to light with the fire travelling up the kindle. As he seats back on the removed car seat, Jungkook raises his arm and places his head on Yoongi’s chest as Yoongi smiles and holds Jungkook firmly.

YOONGI

Who knew you were so cuddly?

JUNGKOOK

Blame Jiminie. (Pouts) He’s always touching me.

Yoongi laughs as a black car comes speeding up the tiny space between wreck-heaps and old trains.

Behind it, Taehyung and Namjoon race breathlessly, throwing their limbs about. The car comes to halt, screeching just beside them as the engine shuts off and Soekjin, Jimin and Hosoek emerge.

JIMIN

(Shouts)

WOOHOO!

Soekjin laughs as Hosoek grumbles.

HOSOEK

(Pouts)

You said I’d drive.

SOEKJIN

Actually, I said I’d let you in while I drive.

Hosoek screws up his face in thought before he shakes his head.

HOSOEK

That’s not what you said.

Namjoon and Taehyung come running up to the rest of the group as Namjoon rests his hands on his knees and Taehyung just falls to the ground.

NAMJOON

So…(Breathes) Rich boy got… a new car… for his birthday.

Soekjin rolls his eyes as he sits on the other removed car seat that has been previously arranged on the opposite side of Jungkook and Yoongi.

SOEKJIN

It was a gift.

JIMIN

(Teases)

From daddy-dearest.

SOEKJIN

Can you guys stop? You’ll all use it more than me, anyway.

HOSOEK

(Sulks)

Lies.

Jimin sits on the palette by the fire as Hosoek falls in beside him. Namjoon finally gives up and lies on the floor as well, using Taehyung’s arm as a pillow.

TAEHYUNG

(Facing the sky)

Soekjin-hyung, I know we said no parties this year but-

YOONGI

No parties.

SOEKJIN

What is it, Tae?

TAEHYUNG

I want a party. You could take us all out. Like you did last year. Buy us fries and stuff.

HOSOEK

You’re just looking for free food.

Taehyung frowns and Namjoon eyes Hosoek as Hosoek doesn’t even notice what he’s just said.

YOONGI

(Shakes his head)

I won’t be able to make it though.

SOKEJIN

It’s my birthday, Yoongi.

YOONGI

And some of us made plans because we didn’t know stuff was going to go down.

Everyone turns their gaze to Jungkook who was previously fiddling with the band of Yoongi’s pants. He notices the silence and looks up at everyone.

JUNGKOOK

Why are you all looking at me?

Jungkook goes back to his investigation as Yoongi just watches him with an amused expression on his face.

JUNGKOOK

(Not looking up)

So.

YOONGI

Yes?

JUNGKOOK

I’m going to assume your “other plan” is…

YOONGI

Yes?

JUNGKOOK

(Looks up at him)

Hyung!

YOONGI

Kookie if you’re going to ask hyung something, out with it.

JUNGKOOK

Are you taking me home tonight?

Yoongi laughs as he turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter