Not anymore

First Crush

 

Taemin was walking back home from school when he spotted someone heading for his neighbors’ house. The guy came out of an expensive car and had platinum blond hair. Taemin would have recognized that face anywhere.

 

“Jonghyun.” He muttered.

 

Jonghyun used to be Kibum’s boyfriend. Taemin never really had anything against the guy beside the fact that he was dating Kibum but he had eventually come to terms with it. Why ? Well, for one, he liked the bright and genuinely happy smile Kibum had whenever the blond guy was around. And for two, Jonghyun was actually a pretty decent guy. Well, that was before he had broken Kibum’s heart into a million pieces. Now, Taemin felt nothing except hatred for him.

 

Jonghyun raised his hand to knock on the Kim’s door and Taemin suddenly felt really angry at how the guy dared showing his face after what he had done to Kibum.

 

He walked - okay, it was more running than walking - towards Jonghyun.

 

“Hey !” He shouted. Jonghyun turned around at the unexpected call and Taemin suddenly realized that he hadn’t really thought of what to say beforehand.

 

“Oh, hey kid !” Jonghyun said with a smile. “I know you don’t I ? You’re Bummie’s neighbor !”

 

“Don’t call him that.”

 

“What ?” Jonghyun said with a chuckle, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Don’t call him ‘Bummie’.”

 

“That’s what I call him. He’s my Bummie.”

 

“Not anymore.”

 

“Excuse me ?” Jonghyun said, turning his whole body towards Taemin now. His smile had vanished and he genuinely looked pissed now. Taemin gulped, but stood his ground. There was no way he would let him see Kibum again ! He didn’t deserve him. But apparently, Jonghyun still thought he had every right to do so. “Look kid, I don’t want no beef with you but you’re gonna have to stop using that tone with me.”

 

“You can’t call him Bummie anymore. You gave up that right when you broke his heart.”

 

“What are you-”

 

“Shut up.” Taemin said, clenching his fists. He knew it was bad to talk to someone like that, especially someone older than him, but the guy deserved it. “How dare you show your face again after what you did to him ! He’s hurting because of you !”

 

“I came here to make things right !” Jonghyun shouted, taking a step forward. Any reasonable person would have backed off, because Jonghyun might not have been very tall but he was very muscular and older and Taemin wouldn’t stand a chance if he decided to punch him. But this was about Kibum.

 

“Well no one wants you here so go away !” Taemin shouted angrily, clenching his fists a little harder when he saw Jonghyun made no move to leave. “He loved you more than anything ! You were the luckiest man alive and you left him for some guy like he was nothing but trash !”

 

“Okay, first, this is none of your goddamn business ! And second, you have no idea what you’re talking about ! I love Bummie, I really do, and I know I did wrong but I came to apologize.”

 

“Bull !”

 

“Watch your mouth kid. You don’t want me to call your parents, do you ?” Jonghyun said with a mocking smile.

 

“ you ! You don’t deserve him and you never will !”

 

“Because you do ?” Taemin’s eyes widened at that and Jonghyun smirked knowingly. “Well look at that, little kid’s got a thing for his neighbor.” Jonghyun said, chuckling. “Don’t be so surprised, I always knew. You’re just way too obvious.”

 

Taemin was speechless now, because he had always thought only he and Minho knew about his crush. It wasn’t something he wanted everybody to know. He felt a sudden rush of panic go through him. What if Kibum knew ? What if he had told him ?

 

“Go away kid, this is between Kibum and I.”

 

Taemin frowned as the other turned back to face the door.

 

“No.”

 

“Goddamn it, you’re stubborn.” Jonghyun said with a sigh. He turned back to Taemin and pushed him back. “Go away.”

 

“Hey !” Someone said, and Taemin turned around to see the familiar face of Kibum as he ran towards the both of them. Jonghyun’s eyes widened. Kibum grabbed Taemin by the shoulders and hugged him for a second before turning to Jonghyun with a glare. “What the is wrong with you ? He’s just thirteen !”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes softened and he raised his hand to touch him. Kibum frowned and slapped it away.

 

Don’t touch me !”

 

“Bummie…” Jonghyun said softly. “Come on, you know you still love me…”

 

“Don’t.” Kibum said, shaking his head. “Don’t do this. We’ve talked about this. We’re over.”

 

“But-”

 

I said we’re over. So now you take your car and leave. I don’t want to see you again.” Jonghyun made a move to touch him again but Kibum backed off. “And please, stop giving me the puppy eyes. You’re the one who wanted this, remember ? It’s too late now.”

 

Kibum stood his ground and eventually Jonghyun left, keeping his head low as he went back to his car and drove away. Kibum heaved a sigh and when Taemin looked up he noticed the older’s eyes were welled-up with tears.

 

“Are you okay ?” He asked. Taemin nodded. “I’m sorry you had you see this… I had no idea he would be coming over.”

 

He wiped the tear running down his cheek and chuckled.

 

“I know what you think.” He said, looking down at Taemin with a weak smile. “I shouldn’t be crying over him but… It’s just… We’ve been together for so long and the person I trusted the most turned out to be the person I now trust the less.”

 

He walked to his door and grabbed his keys.

 

“I just don’t know who to trust anymore…” He mumbled.

 

“You can trust me.” Taemin answered.

 

Kibum smiled fondly at Taemin. He felt his heart skip a beat at the sight.

 

“I know I can, Taemin-ah.” He opened the front door and looked over at him. “Wanna come in ? I’m going to bake some cookies.”

 

Taemin nodded eagerly and followed.

 

Kibum trusted him.

 

Take that, Kim Jonghyun.