Crush

First Crush

 

The Kim’s son was without a doubt the coolest and the most handsome neighbor anyone could ever have. For one, he was kind. He always offered to help Taemin with his homework and he often did Mrs Park’s grocery shopping because the poor old lady couldn’t do it herself. You might think he didn’t really fit the ‘cool’ category - because why would doing some old lady’s shopping would be cool ? - but he really was. He was in college. Don’t say that wasn’t cool, because it totally was. And he had a car, and plenty of friends that were just as mature as he was. Well, more mature than Taemin anyway. Taemin was just a normal thirteen year-old boy and he knew his neighbor was way out of his league and that was probably never going to happen. Still, he had hopes.

 

They weren’t complete strangers to each other either; Taemin wasn’t one to brag but they had history. When Taemin was eight, Kibum used to babysit him on nights where his parents were busy. At that time, he didn’t have a real crush on him yet, but he was still filled with a never ending admiration for the older boy. Because even back then, Kibum was already the coolest.

 

Taemin started crushing on him pretty recently, when he had actually realized that on top of being cool, Kibum was actually really handsome. He was very stylish and his hair were always changing colors. It didn’t matter what color his hair was, because it always looked stunning on him. What Taemin loved the most though, were his eyes. He had those gorgeous feline-like eyes that always had a mischievous glint in them and they were so beautiful Taemin had trouble actually looking at him in the eyes. He would always look away with a blush on his cheeks and Kibum would chuckle and ruffle his hair, mumbling something about how cute Taemin was. He hated being called cute (he wasn’t cute, okay ? He was manly) but he let it pass because it was Kibum.

 

Taemin told his best friend about his crush but Minho just snorted and told him it was never going to happen. Taemin knew that, but maybe… Maybe if he held on to Kibum long enough the older would realize how much he cared about him, because even though Kibum was without a doubt the coolest person on earth, that didn’t mean he didn’t need to be looked after every now and then. Everyone did.

 

There were times where Taemin had been there for him. He wasn’t sure Kibum remembered them, but he sure did. Like the times where he got home drunk and climbed up to the wrong window, ending up in Taemin’s bedroom instead of his. Or the times when he felt down because of all the pressure of his exams and Taemin was there to cheer him up.

 

People told him crushes didn’t last forever, and the between him and Kibum was an obstacle for sure, but it’s not like he could control his feelings anyway.

 

He had a crush on his older neighbor Kibum, and there was nothing he could do about it.