~*~

BangDae Drabble

Panic Disorder: Panic disorder is an anxiety disorder characterized by recurrent unexpected panic attacks. Panic attacks are sudden periods of intense fear that may include palpitations, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, numbness, or a feeling that something really bad is going to happen. The maximum degree of symptoms occurs within minutes. There may be ongoing worries about having further attacks and avoidance of places where attacks have occurred in the past. The cause of panic disorder is unknown. 

~*~*~
PoV Daehyun

He was overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by the situation at hand. He stood in the door to the small room, supposedly empty because the rest of the members should’ve been with the stylists to get their hair and make-up done. But it wasn’t empty. On the couch in the farthest corner of the room sat their Leader staring of into nothing, shivering. Daehyun panicked. He wasn’t supposed to be here. Alone with Yongguk. He didn’t know it. Didn’t know what to do and how to help the other in this state. The vibration of his phone in his back pocket pulled him back out of his thoughts. He marched towards the older but stopped right in front of him standing there awkwardly. “Hyung?” He asked carefully. The older didn’t budge a bit and Daehyun started to worry even more. “H-Hyung?” He bit his lower lip out of nervousness. “Tell me how can I help you? Should I get Himchan?” He said while leaning down a bit. A familiar bitter feeling makes his heart clench. That’s right, he couldn’t really help Yongguk but at the moment that wasn’t important. Ignoring the helplessness he put his hand down on one of Yongguk’s shoulders. The brown-haired male didn’t respond, breathing getting more uneven and uncontrollable but the younger didn’t miss the slight shaking of his head: no. Daehyun took a deep breath. He should try to handle the situation, try to keep his Hyung at least a bit calmer until either Himchan or their Manager would come. He needed to buy time. “Hyung, everything is okay. I-I’m here. Tell me what should I do? D-Do you want something to drink…or something to eat?” He wanted to slap himself for what was coming out of his mouth but he couldn't care less right now. Helpless he leans down in front of his shaking Hyung, putting both of his hands on his shivering knees, which were both uncovered thanks to the ripped skinny jeans he was wearing. The younger started slightly caressing them. “D-Dae...” The barely audible voice of Yongguk cut through the painfully quiet room as if it shouldn’t be there. The mentioned person his lips and looked up almost missing the eyes of the brown-haired man. “Yes?” He asked cautious but there was no response again. Suddenly the older started trembling harder. Daehyun cursed in his mind: he wasn’t even able to calm his Hyung, when he needed it the most. Out of his desperation he decided to try something else. If talking wasn’t an option, there needed to be something else that could help. Biting his lower lip out of habit when he was nervous, he sat down next to his Hyung, who didn’t show any reaction. Daehyun pressed himself closer to Yongguk and cautiously wrapped his arms around the other, tightening them a bit to make sure he had a good grip on him. He could feel the heavy thumping of the rapper’s heart, beating fast and somehow arrhythmic. It was rather odd and Daehyun started worrying. “I really don’t know how to help you. I hope this will help at least a little bit until Himchan or Manager-nim comes. I’m really sorry, Hyung.” He almost closed his eyes and kept leaning in to the other. Suddenly, one of Yongguk’s hand wrapped themselves around one of Daehyun’s arms, grabbing it and holding it in place with a small amount of force but the younger didn’t mind it if it helped Yongguk.

Unconsciously, he started caressing Yongguk's shoulder and arm, looking at it afterwards, maybe it wasn’t to soothe Yongguk’s nerves but his own, and to his surprise after a few minutes had passed he felt the trembling slowly subside, the heartbeat returning to a normal rate and the tense body in his arms relaxed a bit. Still, Daehyun didn’t break the hug, didn’t budge, afraid that if he moved away it’ll all start over again. “Are you feeling better?” He dared to whisper after another passed minute. He was so close to his Hyung, he could hear him breathe in and out, in a now even manner. “Yeah… I think I’m better now...” His deep voice vibrated right through Daehyun resulting in him actually not wanting to end the hug. To his relief Yongguk didn’t move either. “That’s good.” Daehyun whispered before he experimentally leaned his head against the Leader’s shoulder, who did not protest in fact leaned his head against Daehyun's head as well. They both stayed in that position, nobody speaking a word but it wasn’t uncomfortable. 

Yongguk smiled secretly but the singer clearly felt it and as he was about to turn his head a bit only so he could smile back, the door opened and Himchan came in, followed shortly after by Jongup. Daehyun broke free of his more or less frozen state and scooted away to create some distance between them. Himchan looked somewhat confused, taking a chair and sitting himself in front of them. “What happened?” He voiced out the question, which previously showed on his face so clearly. The younger looked at the oldest from the corner of his eyes. “Just another….” Yongguk’s gaze flicked across the room to look at Jongup, who was on his phone, distracted, but the oldest still wanted to keep this reality away from him, from the younger members in general. Even though they’re older and more mature now, they didn’t need to know such things, when or where it sometimes happened, it would just make them nervous. “...you know.” Was the simple answer he threw into Himchan's direction. The second oldest nodded understanding but immediately his face changed, showing signs of worry flitting across it. “Don’t worry. Daehyun could handle it. He helped me. A lot actually.” The Leader’s honest words made Daehyuns chest swell slightly out of proud. Himchan’s face lit up again. “That’s good news." The second oldest murmured. Both Daehyun and Yongguk looked at each other, Daehyun grinned slightly while nodding. After the small conversation Himchan got up again and left the two. The singer bit his lower lip, neither knowing what to do nor how to behave now. “Dae if you want to leave you can. I’m alright now.” The deep voice sent shivers down the younger’s spine. “No, I’m staying. That is if you don’t mind” He answered quickly but didn’t dare to look at his Hyung. Yongguk smiled, though Daehyun couldn’t see it, and took the other’s hand into his, intertwining their fingers. When Daehyun turned to look at him surprised, Yongguk chuckled and whispered.
“Just in case.”
“Just in case what?”
“Just in case you want to leave.”