Hormones at it's Best

Photograph

 

 

Soojung slammed the door shut in my face once we arrived at our house. We just came back from attending my High School Reunion and I know why she's like this.


The Heavens might be conspiring against me a while ago. I don't know what I did wrong to the Gods!


Now Soojung is planning to kill me slowly I know it.


I brought her as a date in my High School Reunion, excited to see my old friends and also to introduce my beautiful wife. I saw my former pals and we sat in one rectangular table together reminiscing with the old times while our wives are talking and getting to know each other. I know that Soojung was enjoying the night when she looked at me with a twinkle in her eye.


The night was really good and we danced to some beats popular back then occupying the dance floor. Scott and Joey did the body roll and all of us laughed at them. Soojung and I danced together and showed our friends that we are the best dancing couple there.


We got tired dancing and I carried her back to the table.


"Babe.. I'll just get us some drinks. Is it okay if I have some beer?" I asked her while hugging her sides.


She pat my cheeks and smiled sweetly at me "Arasso... But just one bottle Amber, okay? You're driving later remember."


I gave her a quick kiss on the lips and grinned saluting like a soldier "Aye aye, Captain!" I stood up and went to the bar to get my bottle of beer and fresh Mango juice for my Princess.


"Thanks buddy!" Just as I was turning back, 3 girls blocked my way with their arms crossed in front of their chest.


Oh .


I forgot... They are here.


Suzy, Min, and Jia. Oh wait... There's also Fei.


Great. All my ex-girlfriends in one row blocking my way going back to my wife.


Seriously?!


"Oh... Hi girls! How have you been?" Out of respect I greeted them with a smile on my face. I know all of them has this big hate over me because I dated them all at the same time.


Yes. You heard it right. At the same time. It's High School, nothing serious by that time and I'm really popular what can I do!


"Amber Liu! How nice to see you here.." Suzy greeted me with her eyebrow raised.


"Yeah... I didn't expect to see you here Amber. I thought you're not going.." Jia said while clicking here tongue. I'm not liking what's going on here..


I tried to cross between them but I was met with a great force and Min and Fei's hands pulling my arms back to the bar.


I tried to look at the table where Soojung is and she's busy chatting with Dara, Donghae's wife. Thank you Lord!


I carefully shook their grip on my wrist and faced them. What the hell do they want from me? It was High School, it was over.


"Girls... If you have anything to say to me, say it now. If you are mad at me for what I did to the 4 of you, this is your chance to curse me and slap me. Just hurry up because I need to get back to my wife."


"Amber... We already did that to you remember? When we found out that you are dating us 4. Don't worry, we're just here to say Hi." Min smirked at me and I gulped. I smell trouble.


.


"Girls... Why don't we give our greetings to Amber now, shall we?" Fei said and the four evil es came to me altogether. Cornering me in the bar like a mouse on a trap. Jesus Christ! Please help me!


I'm going to be killed by my ex-girlfriends and my wife is just tables away from me! Can I scream HELP?!


"G-g-girls what are y-you d-doing?"


"Giving you a welcome kiss that you--"


"Ehem." There was a tapping of foot behind them and I knew that sound. It's my wife's stilleto tapping in the floor glaring at the 4 es trying to kill me. "I'm afraid you are all cornering my wife.. That's why she took so long to get our drinks." Her glare was so cold and menacing that the 4 girls shivered.


"B-babe... They are my--"


"Your 4 ex-girlfriends. Yeah I know... Remember I came from the other school Amber. Our vocal group always slays them in singing contests." Oh yeah I forgot. Soojung was from our rival school and her singing group, f(x) composed of her best friends Luna, Victoria, and Sulli won state championships beating these 4 es every year. If I could have attended those contests we would have meet back then.


"H-hey S-soojung... How a-are you?" Suzy tried to make a conversation with her but failed because of Soojung's mighty glare. They should back out now or else Soojung will snap.


"Suzy... I'm fine thank you. I heard you're already engaged to be married to my cousin Minho." One point for my Soojung.


"Y-yeah... We are."


"Then why are you cornering my wife?"


Their faces paled and they can't speak clearly, affected by Soojung's cold glare.


"W-we were just asking her about life and all.." Min explained not looking at Soojung but at me.


"Why don't I answer that, can I? Right, Amber?" All I can do is nod my head and hurriedly go to her and wrap my right arm on her waist trying to calm her down. "Amber is good, we are good. We work on the same hospital and she's a General Surgeon now while I am a Thoracic Surgeon. And we have been married for a year now for your information. Anything else, girls?"


The 4 girls shut their mouths and looked at each other. They know the plan has failed. All they wanted was to make fun of their ex-girlfriend. Now it back fired at them.


"N-nothing Soojung.. I think Amber got you a Mango juice. Enjoy!" They all turned around and left the two of us there. I winced on the pain when Soojung pinched my arms discreetly.


"Let's go back to the table now Amber. And don't go wandering again or I swear I'm going to behead all your ex-girlfriends and bury them 6 feet below whoever will approach you." I cringed on the description and roam my eyes around seeing that at the other table my other exes namely Seohyun and Hyuna are huddled together looking at us waving. Yay.


We went to the table and joined our friends again. I saw Scott and Jackson grinning at me and I knew they have something to do about what happened earlier. Dickheads! The two of you will pay someday.


Soojung's grip on my arm tighten while we happily converse with our friends. I can feel her nails digging on my skin.. Yeah... Just release it like that babe.. just do. I don't mind.


I didn't left her side and her nails continued to dig on my arms and to my legs. The pressure was so intense I can only clench my teeth and smile like nothing is happening. Good heavens! Forgive me for being a pimp back then! I didn't plan all of it, I can't do anything if I'm a pretty, handsome, gorgeous, and y Llama at the same time.

 

The reunion ended and we said our goodbyes to the group. She was smiling and hugging Dara and Irene and saying goodbye to them heartily. They exchanged phone numbers promising to meet up soon.


Once we entered our car, her mood changes to something I'm familiar now for the past few months. Amber pray for your life starting this second.


"Soo--"


"Just drive Amber. Let's talk at home.." she sat on the passenger's seat and I reached for her safety belt buckling it for my Princess. I always do that for her and I'll never get tired doing it.


The drive home was quiet, only the soothing sounds of jazz being played on her iPhone that is connected on our car stereo lingers in the air. I took a peek at Soojung and I can see that her eyes are closed but her chest is heaving up and down. Oh good lord....


Once we got home the door slamming happened and I took a deep breath. Amber this is going to be one long night, prepare yourself. Remember, you love Soojung. She's the most nicest, good hearted person you ever met.


I opened the door and took a peek inside.


Soojung was at the couch lying down with her arms covering her eyes. Her other fist clenching hard on the pillow placed on her tummy indicating that she's controlling herself. Tsk tsk... This is bad.


I walked up to the couch and kneeled at the floor beside her. I can see her shoulders trembling and tears rolling down on her cheeks. I reached for her hands on the pillow and placed it on my cheeks.


"Soojung... Are you okay?"


"Do you think I'm okay!? Huh Amber?! Almost half the girl population in your batch became your girlfriend! I encountered 4 of them tonight, with one of them engaged to be married to a cousin of mine. All of them looking gorgeous and y tonight while here I am.... Arrrghhhhhhh!!!"


Soojung pinched my cheek so hard I swear it will swell in the morning. Her other hand joined the fun and pinched it together. I'm gonna look like a chipmunk tomorrow Gahd. I should take a vacation leave for 5 days to stop the possible swelling.


Her eyes are oozing with anger and frustration that all I can do is smile at her but deep inside I'm crying out help.


"Babe... My cheeks will fall off if you continue on doing that." She glared at me and stood up from the couch. She pulled me by the necktie I'm wearing and made me stood up too and shoved me hard on the couch. I think my head slightly bumped on the arm rest due to the impact.


She sat on my lap straddling me and reached for my hair running her hands over it. "Why does all your girlfriends are either a model or a singer now!" She clenched her fists on my hair and started pulling it.


"Awwww!!! Soojung! Babe! It hurts!"


"Why do you have to almost half the population! All eyes were staring at me earlier and i can see them talking while looking at me! I don't even know why I'm like this! Arrrrrggghhh!!!!!" She started slapping my arms repeatedly then biting it, leaving marks.


"Soojung.... Calm down babe.. come on." The slapping continues and my arms are already numb by now to the pain. "I didn't all of them.. some are just flings. And they are looking at you because you are the most beautiful girl tonight no doubt about that. Even my old coach said I'm lucky to marry such a wonderful and intelligent girl like you."


By now she already tore my shirt and the buttons came flying all over our living area. She pulled the sleeves off my shoulders and arms and saw her masterpiece of bites from last night. Her eyes mellowed and tears suddenly flowed from it. She dropped her body on top of mine and wailed like a baby. Poor cat tsk tsk..


I ran my hand on her hair massaging her scalp trying to calm her nerves. The past few days have been so hard for her to control her emotions. All I can do is be her outlet and calm her down.


"Mianhe... Mianhe..." She's saying sorry but she's punching my arm. Ouch.


"Don't be jealous of them Soojung.. They are my past and they will remain there. I know it's not something to be proud of and I'm sorry if you have to meet them all. If we had a chance to meet back then, maybe I didn't have to be such a playgirl and settled for you."


She's still sniffling and her face is buried on my chest. I can feel her teeth grazing my collarbone making me clench my teeth especially when she took a small bite on it then the skin. Great, another mark on my skin.


"It's a very small world Amber... Our schools have been rivals ever since. Why didn't our paths cross back then? If we had, I wouldn't be this jealous because of your collection of girlfriends."


"Would you believe if I tell you that our paths already cross and we just didn't know about it?" She looked up to me with furrowed brows and I smiled at her. I took my jacket on the floor and fumbled on the pocket. I pulled out the photo that Jackson gave to me earlier and showed it to her.


It was a photo of our group. Jackson, Scott, Eric, Bryan, Joey, Donghae, and me after we won the Inter-School Soccer Championship. Our opponent was our rival school, Soojung's school and the photo was taken while our backs are facing the stands.


She narrowed her eyes while looking at the photo examining it. "It's a group photo of you and the gang.. wait.. is this the time when your school won the soccer match. Oh look, you got a medal babe.."


"I was MVP.."


"Show off.." she pinched me on my side making me flinch.


"Did you watch that game?"


"I came in late because I came from my Student Assistant duty at the library and your team already won. My group and I stayed on the bleachers because Luna was still doing her hosting duties." She said to me while still studying the photo. Her index finger tracing my outline smirking.


"You look so skinny back then.. your arms are skinny babe. But you're so handsome while smiling.. why is Jackson draping his arms over you like that?!" Oh jealous Soojung again.


"We were an item back then.. Ouch! Ouch!" She smacked my head repeatedly making me cover my head with a pillow. Geez, her hands are really something. "Just joking babe! Just joking! Nothing like that! We're brothers or sisters or sibling whatever you call it."


"Stupid... Clear it or I'm gonna bite your head off!"


"Arasso.. but still, haven't you seen it? Look at the photo again."


She looked at it again scrutinizing every detail then her eyes turned wide looking back and forth at me and the photo. I grinned at her and pinch her cheek lightly.


"See it? I was also in shock when Jackson showed it to me." I wrapped my arms on her waist and pulled her closer to me not minding her weight on my body.


"This is unbelievable..."


"I know.. but it's true. So you see.." I tilted her head and met her eyes "Even back then, our paths have crossed without us knowing. That photo is a proof that even though I met a lot of girls in my life, the Heavens already chose the One for me as early as then. All I have to do is wait for her and our paths to cross again."


She smiled at the thought and stared at the photo again. She was on the background just beside me, oblivious of her surroundings, sitting on the bleachers wearing her school uniform of dark blue skirt and blazer with white shirt inside. Her smile was so amazing and captivating and she also has a ribbon on her hair making her cute. Looks like she was having a good laugh with Sulli back then.


"All these years and we met in the hospital, starting as enemies and rivals at the on-call room."


"And now here we are.." I smiled at her lovingly and rubbed my nose to her. "So don't ever be jealous of them because even if they are a lot, they are my past. "


She wrapped her arms on my neck and connected our lips, slowly and surely, pouring out her emotions for the past couple of days. Her frustrations and insecurities. I pulled her head closer and kissed her passionately letting her know that she's the one I love and it will never change.


We broke from the kiss and our foreheads connected, with a loving smile on her face teasing my lips and biting it. "I'm sorry Amber... I know I'm hurting you but I can't control it. I don't know what to do with these..." She waved her hands in the air making me chuckle at her cuteness.


"That's okay babe... As long as you can let it out." She rose from my body and checked my bruised arms covered with her bites. My collarbone and my navel area.


"I'm becoming a monster..."


"No you are not.. it's just.. your hormones are so active Dr. Jung. But it's okay don't worry, it's normal."


"But seriously, I really felt like killing them all and unleashing the Kraken from the depths of Tartarus. I just got a hold of myself, Dara and Irene comforted me and told me they were also like that before."


"Forget about it, okay? Now let's get you some milk so you and little buddy here can already rest." I lifted the hem of her shirt showing her 15 weeks old belly proudly.


"Fine. I'm a doctor myself and I know all the symptoms but I can't control it when it happens." She pouted cutely at me while mumbling to herself.


"Hey there little buddy!" I said carresing her belly channelling my love on the other side "You helped Mommy so much today. Very good kid..~" happiness written all over my face knowing that the baby is growing stronger inside her.


"And you woman.." I cupped her face with both hands and kissed her tenderly teasing her "You are the most beautiful and iest girl in that reunion tonight. No one can beat you on that.. you are my one and only Goddess remember that."


"I love you Dr. Liu.." she pouted at me still with tears in her eyes. Hormones are really messing her up now. Still, I won't exchange this feeling of fulfilment for anything else in the world.


"I love you too Dr. Jung... You, right now, is my present and my future, and my last, Soojung."