001

Coincidence?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

001

 

Broken.  

 

That was what she felt as she walked aimlessly through the street. How? Why? It baffled her that someone whom she loved and adored had so little disregard for her feelings?

 

"...I was merely using you...”

 

 Words from before came rushing back. Never before had she felt this way. It hurts. She whispered. She felt her once fully grown beating heart being replaced with tiny shards of glass which ached with every miserable breath that she took. It seems as though her whole existence was hurting. It pained her to feel this way.

 

“You’ll never be good enough for me.”

 

She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head almost wishing that the act alone would rid her mind of the whole thing from ever happening. If only. The once clear night sky had transitioned into the dark clouds now looming over her, almost as if the world shared the hurt that the poor girl was feeling. Little drops of rain started to form, making their way down.

           

First a drop. Drip.

 

Then two. Drip drop.

 

And then more.

 

The once light drizzle grew into a full blown storm with the loud cracks of thunder and bright flashes of lightning deafening and blinding those in their way. Emotions that the girl had previously try to contain were now slowly cracking their way to the surface. Tears were the first ones to breach. Trickling down her porcelain cheeks. Next were the sobs. Quiet at first and then loud enough to be heard amidst the silence made by the cracks of thunder.

 

“…I was merely using you…”

 

“..You’ll never be good enough for me...”

 

Thump thump. Hands clutching onto her chest almost willing for her beating heart to stop. She needed to do something. Anything. With the pouring rain masking her tear stained cheeks and the cold accompanying her, she ran. She ran as far as her legs could take her, foolishly hoping that if she ran far enough she could leave it all behind.

 

~~~

 

"Do you understand?" The voice brought her thoughts and senses back to the present. She crinkled her nose at the sight of her new surroundings. Pink. Pink. Pink. Everything was pink. From the rose-y wallpapers to the pink desktop and to the strawberry leather bound couch that she was seated on. How could someone be so obsessed with a colour? She thought to herself.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter