Chapter 3 'Problem'

Think I Fell In Love

"I didn't think that it will be that amazing" Seungkwan said as he took off his gears when they finally reached the land. Vernon smiled at the compliment the other said as he took off his own gear. After awhile, Vernon grabbed a towel and wrapped it around Seungkwan that seems to be shivering at the cold night. He didn't say a word but made his way to the same restaurant earlier to have dinner with Seungkwan that's following him behind. 

Once the two entered, Sofia raised her hand to get their attention. They then went to sit on the table where Sofia is and to be surprised at the ready meals infront of them. "How was it?" She asked. "It was fantastic!" Seungkwan said with his half full mouth, making Vernon giggle at the side. "But you were scared" Vernon teased as he look down on his food with a fond smile. Seungkwan slowly glared at him as his jaw dropped "Shut up" He said as he playfully hit Vernon's shoulder with a fist. Sofia smiled at the scene she's seeing infront of her, how the two looks comfortable with each other. 

They had a wonderful evening but of course they also need a rest. Seungkwan and Vernon were already preparing for the night  with Vernon already on the bed as he watch a movie on the television while Seungkwan is in the bathroom. Suddenly, a phone rang. "Seungkwan, your phone" Vernon called out. He stood up and took the object seeing the name 'Yoon Jeonghan' calling. "Oh" Seungkwan said when he stepped out the bathroom on his pajamas and took his phone off Vernon's hand. "Thank you" He said as he walk out the house. Vernon furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the familliar name on Seungkwan's phone. He sat back down on the bed and told himself that he'll ask Seungkwan when he gets back.

Seungkwan then walked outside and shut the door. "Hyung?" He said quietly also looking back at the cottage if Hansol is there eavesdropping their conversation. He took a few steps away to make sure and when everything was all clear he then placed his attention on his phone and waited for Jeonghan's reply. "How's everything going?" Jeonghan said with his tone grew solemn. "It's not that great 'yet'" Seungkwan stated as his body filled with anxiety that he wasn't doing great at his duty for his career. Biting his lips while he listen to Jeonghan's words, saying "What do you mean not great? The company here is like hell!" Jeonghan yelled out of disappoinment. 

Boo's family were going too fast on making two companies at once making it hard for them to maintain it properly and that his sister can't help because of pursuing her dreams as a singer. That's why he also needs Jeonghan's help to run the company that's seems alright because of their families being partners in business. Also a reason why he got married at a young age with Vernon because their family is very successful. Knowing that Vernon's going to be the official heir of the Chwe company, Boo's company will be 100% good shape when they officially get married and Vernon's family doesn't really have a problem with it and that they're just happily waiting for the wedding. 

"I know but Vernon's not easy to crack. He's still not opening himself to me. You can't just expect me to be friends with him that fast" Seungkwan hissed, placing his hand on his waist as he roll his eyes in irritation. "You're Boo Seungkwan" Jeonghan said blanky. "Vernon's diffirent, okay?" Seungkwan replied and breathe out in defeat. "Just make him agree on this Seungkwan. We only have a few days before this company becomes a failure" Jeonghan declared and hung up immediately.

Seungkwan groaned at himself and covered his face with both of his hands, crouching on the ground. Feeling that he's failing his own family and even himself then he felt tears forming around his eyes with the dark thoughts roaming around his mind that he can't even stop. Telling himself he's nothing to the world also not wanting anyone to see him in his worst state, he went closer to the ocean only a few lanterns light his way. He sat on the soft sand, hugging his legs closely as he place his chin on his knees. Only the waves can be heard and his soft sniffles from sulking earlier still feeling his heart clench that everything is going very hard on him lately. Doesn't even know if he could handle it any longer with all these stages in life that is slowly killing him in the inside. He lowered down his head as his body is now curled up. Quietly sitting alone just infront of the lonely ocean 

Vernon still sat inside on the bed for almost an hour and Seungkwan still wasn't with him. Vernon started to wonder what's taking Seungkwan so long outside in a cold breeze especially Vernon remembered Seungkwan went out with only his pajamas. He stood up and took a flashlight with him when he went outside the dark night. He looked around but not too long, he found him. Sitting alone just a few feet away from the ocean. As Vernon walk towards him every step the more he can clearly hear the sobs coming from the other. 

"Seungkwan" He said as he place his hand on top of his shoulder and turned him gently to look at his weary expression. He crouched down at his side seeing a few tears on Seungkwan's now pale face and notice how his nose and ears starting to turn red as it becomes chilly every moment. Vernon lifted his hand to cup the side of Seungkwan's cheek with his thumb to wipe the tear off his face. He felt worried and upset on what Seungkwan was doing but he wouldn't just leave him alone. "Are you alright?" Vernon said softly while Seungkwan melted into Vernon's touch as he close his eyes with a sniffle before he answers "Yup" He stuttered "I'm perfectly fine" Seungkwan said as he look up at him and took off Vernon's hand with his own, standing up on his feet. 

With that quick grasp on feeling Seungkwan's hand, he immediately felt it was truly cold. Vernon looked up at him, feeling so worked up on seeing Seungkwan unnaturally depressed as his fingers try to wipe the left traces of tears on his face that can still be visible while he steady his breath back to normal. Vernon stood up infront of him and held on Seungkwan's hand "What?" He said like nothing happened, making Vernon go frustrated suddenly. He then immediately tug Seungkwan back to their cottage. 

Seungkwan silently sitting down on the edge of the bed, wrapped around a blanket with his hand holding some hot tea. He stared down at his drink as it slightly flows in the cup, smelling the sweet scent of the tea Vernon made for him. Seungkwan then look at him, sitting on the same chair earlier with his laptop seeming to be deep in thought. "I'm sorry" Seungkwan said, feeling a bit of shame inside of him for making Vernon worry about him by his stupid actions. 

It took Vernon a few minutes to answer "Go to sleep. You need a rest" Was the only words that escaped from his mouth at a heavy tone then he paid full attention to his laptop once more. Seungkwan bit his lips, feeling anxious on how their atmosphere seems to thicken. "Do you hate me?" Seungkwan blurted out. Vernon stopped his fingers from typing when he heard the other. He did thought of it for awhile but nothing appears to be something important what he feels about him. "What are you talking about?" Vernon said with furrowed eyes in confusion as he glance at Seungkwan. "Do you?" Seungkwan said as he his lips anxiously, locking his eyes on the ground wanting to listen at every word Vernon would say. 

"Seungkwan" Vernon said, looking at him sincerely. Seungkwan lifted his head then their eyes met "You're just a person that came to my life without my consent and have to live with it whether I like it or not. It doesn't matter what we think about with each other. Like you said, this isn't real at all. Just for business" Vernon stated then a loud sound of a glass break consumed the room.

"Seungkwan!" Vernon shouted and stood up immediately, getting the pieces of shattered glass on the floor. "I-I'm sorry. It slipped" He replied as he tighten his hold on the blanket. He was deeply in shock when he heard him and he can't help but to feel so sensitive that feeling he was starting to be attached with Vernon but to know that he was just nothing to him. "Ah" Vernon hissed when a small sharp glass got attached on his thumb. He pulled it out as blood started to stream down. "Are you okay?" Seungkwan said becoming concerned as he was about to lean closer.

Vernon stood up straight to stop him "Seungkwan just go to sleep. You aren't feeling good" He said then he went to the bathroom, to wash his hands completely. He reached for a towel to dry his hands on his way out the room and saw Seungkwan curled up on the bed with the blanket up to his neck. Vernon made his way to the broken glass and slowly pick up the pieces to place it on the towel. He looked up at Seungkwan and saw he was still awake. Vernon sighed and rub his hands to take off any residues. He lifted his hands and caress Seungkwan's head "Go to sleep. I'll take care of this" He said as he stood up with the tied up towel and place it at the side of the door, planning to throw it early in the morning. 

With that, Seungkwan slowly drifted to sleep. Vernon went back to the bed and grabbed a pillow, letting Seungkwan sleep alone to be completely comfortable. He then threw it on a couch to sleep there later before he finish his work on his laptop that could take awhile but somehow he didn't mind at all.

Once the sun rises, Vernon eventually slept on his desk with his head on top of his arm and that he's deeply asleep. Didn't even notice he was still awake late at night and fortunately passed out. When he finally woke up, he saw a cup of hot coffee first in the morning with note saying 'Good Morning'. He reached for the mug and took off the note, smile as he realized who it was. He turned around and saw a messy empty bed. He stood up, making his way out the house as he pulled back his hair only to see the said person infront of the beach with a thin cloth around his body being flown away with his beatiful blonde locks by the sea breeze. 

He went to stand next to him as he glance up at Vernon when he felt his presence. "Hey" Vernon said, getting only a hum in reply. Seungkwan embraced himself when a strong breeze pass them as Vernon stared at Seungkwan knowing that he's already on casual clothes. Then a memory popped in his mind about him and Jeonghan, wanting to know what's the story between them. "How'd you know Jeonghan?" Vernon asked, glazed at the moment by the sudden thought. 

Seungkwan was in shock at the question that he wouldn't imagine Vernon would even ask. He also doesnt want to leave the question unanswered but telling him Jeonghan is his friend that's wanting to use him for the company is just too dangerous. I mean a little information won't hurt or just escape the question would be better. "He's just someone in my life?" Seungkwan replied letting out a tensed laugh due to this awkward atmosphere.

Gladly, Vernon kinda didn't notice just flowing too good for Seungkwan's liking as he answered normal words "Oh okay. It's just that he's the boyfriend of Joshua" He said. Seungkwan breath went back to normal then he nod "Right. That's why he looked so familiar" Seungkwan said, bringing back a smile because of suddenly Vernon bending down to see his wonderful face as he smiled at how he can make someone happy. Just enjoying each other's presence. Seungkwan bit down his lower lip when he can't stop smiling and how his cheeks turn rosy red as they look both into each other's eyes.

Suddenly someone called for Seungkwan's name. Startled both of them as they look for the voice just behind Vernon. He turned around and saw a tall man on a black suit as he walk towards them with a long white coat hanging on his arm. "Hello there" He said just when he's now infront of the two. "You must be Seungkwan's husband" He added, dumbfounded at Vernon, how Boo's family chose an amazing relative to be added in their lives. 

Vernon still isn't comfortable calling Seungkwan his husband because he still doesn't accept anything fully yet so he shrugged at the statement. He squinted his eyes on Vernon with suspicion then he lifted his eyebrow "Excuse me" He said as he slightly push Vernon to get closer to Seungkwan, placing the coat on top of his shoulders. "If you don't mind, I'm going to take Seungkwan now" He proclaimed, grabbing Seungkwan's wrist as he then pulled him away. 

"Where are you taking him?" Vernon said as he quickly grab Seungkwan's hand, stopping this stranger from taking Seungkwan away from him. He then felt anger consume his body that this person he doesn't even know popping out of nowhere and just takes Seungkwan. "Home" The other said and harshly pull Seungkwan out of Vernon's hold. He stared back at Seungkwan with furrowed eyes due to anger for only getting a wave of goodbye.

"Oppa! Where is he taking him?!" Sofia shouted, running towards Vernon when he saw Seungkwan leaving. Vernon looked down at Sofia in irritation, not even giving him one clue but he just left with someone else. Vernon didn't even know what to say out of rage as he went back to the cottage and slammed the door, leaving Sofia clueless but she decided to call for Seungkwan.

"What the hell, Mingyu!" Seungkwan yelled as he open the door of the car and went inside. "Don't talk to him like that. He's my husband!" Seungkwan shouted, crossing arms as he hissed, rolling his eyes at Mingyu who is on the driver seat. "He wasn't answering me" Mingyu playfully said as he shake his head at a weird manner and Seungkwan can't deny, Vernon didn't answer. "I want to strangle you right now" Seungkwan said and groaned, clenching both of his hands as he lean closer to Mingyu, threatening him somehow but Mingyu doesn't really care. "I'm driving" He said "If you strangle me. We're gonna crash and we both die" He added, giving Seungkwan a quick smile. As usual, he gets another eye roll from the other.

Been used to it for years also can't forget how Seungkwan can get irritated easily when they were kids back then and nothing really doesn't change. After the somewhat argument Seungkwan notice the sweet smell coming from the given coat earlier. He then check every single detail letting his face form a smile. He quickly turn to face Mingyu with a shock expression. "You didn't!" Seungkwan said as he still can't believe that Mingyu bought him one of his favorite brand clothing. "I did! You love it?" Mingyu replied back joyfully, happy that Seungkwan really appreciated his present.

Both forgetting the stupid argument earlier and is now squealing in happines. I mean, what are bestfriends for? "Wait" Seungkwan halted with his hand raised. "Are you sick?" He said with a gasp as he place his hand on Mingyu's forehead, roaming his hands all over his face. Mingyu let out a sound of disgust when he tasted Seungkwan's hand that roamed pass his mouth and smacked it off gently also letting out a sarcastic laugh at Seungkwan's comment. "Of course not. Your birthday is coming so.. I decided to give you an early gift!" Mingyu said with a bright smile because of how he sounded so warm-hearted. "Ooh" Seungkwan cooed and poke Mingyu's cheek in amazement but naturally Seungkwan would abuse this kind side of Mingyu. "Okay.. so I'm still going to receive another gift at my birthday and another late gift! Thank you, Mingyu" He stated, smacking his shoulder in a childish way as he laugh out loud. 

Suddenly his phone rang while Mingyu spouted out a long explanation on how hard he aimlessly walk around the mall to find a perfect gift for him. Seungkwan ignored him until now as he answer his phone "Sofia?" He said, concerned on what she'll say. That he shamelessly forgot about the two at that slight moment, feeling as guilty as ever for not leaving an excuse on what's happening. "Oppa? Are you okay? Where are you?" Sofia said with a very worried tone at her voice making Seungkwan sigh at how he hit the girl's feelings. "I'm fine, Sofia. My friend just fetch me earlier than I expected" He replied feeling down as he pout with Mingyu giggling at his side. "Aww... Should we just meet at your company then?" Sofia suggested, lifting up the mood than expected. Hearing those words makes Seungkwan's smile back as he let out an agreed hum. "Meet you there!" Sofia said but before he can hung up the phone. Seungkwan chased a few words "Please tell Vernon I'm so sorry on what happened" He said only hearing a few chuckles on the other line. "Of course, Oppa" Sofia assured then both of them said there goodbyes.

They then rode quietly until Mingyu spoke "Seungkwan, I heard that your company has some issues with one of your partners?" Mingyu said also clueless because it was just rumoured around the company when he passed by to check his bestfriend but of course he needs to tell this to him for any confirmation. Seungkwan only furrowed his eyebrow in confusion because he honestly didn't get any of those statements. "I'm not sure" Seungkwan said, looking down on his fingers, thinking on why would that happen and how he'll fix it. "Let's go to the company" Seungkwan said, receiving a long 'Okay' from Mingyu as the car turned to the right street.

Once they entered the conference room, they heard a lot of voices getting mixed up together that not one of the words can process in their minds. Arguments roamed around the room but still Seungkwan was already used to it, making his way to his center chair that every voice came to a stop. "I'm sorry that I wasn't here but may I know the problem?" He said seriously but yet with a soft voice. He then sat down while the others followed with one person volunteered to answer "Sir, our companies are not getting any information of the ideas your compnay is making and a lot of work is being made by our means" He explained with Seungkwan's eyes widening at every word filled with shock and anger. He inhaled a large of air to calm himself for a moment then he answered "But my workers had already send you letter, they said" Seungkwan stated but he was just given a disappointed shake of a head. 

Seungkwan immediately stood up and smacked the table with both of his hands with anger as the room filled with the dull sound. Quickly the people stopped complaining before Seungkwan can reply, a man entered the room with a smirk. He eyed everyone straight in the eyes then smiled. He went up to Seungkwan and swiftly ran his finger down on his cheek "Apologies. Did I stress you?" The person said as Seungkwan looked up at him in confusion but the people inside the room then bowed down at him. He raised his hand to the people for them sit down and they easily did. Seungkwan was astoned how he controlled them, confused on what kind of power he has even though he never met him once.

"Who are you?" Mingyu yelled as he grab his wrist and pushed him away, noticing how he's not giving Seungkwan any of his space. The man then roughly took his hand off as he glared back at Mingyu, wanting to spill any kind of inappropriate words that's rolling in his mind but instead he answered properly. 

"Wen Junhui"

The name of the recent owner of the company, Seungkwan is dealing with today. He gulped down anxiously that the owner of the company he failed is just infront of him but still Mingyu didn't care any of this but to keep his bestfriend safe. Out of the mere silent, Junhui spoke once again and held on Seungkwan's hand, trying to pull him out the room "We're gonna talk" but eventually Mingyu stopped them from moving another muscle out the room making Jun lose his patience and let out a heavy sigh "What are you doing?!" He said as he look back at Mingyu in irritation with his confused mind, raising his hand due to his emotion while he looks at him straight in the eyes. "You're not gonna take him" Mingyu said as he pull Seungkwan behind his back, making Jun go nuts because nothing seems to make sense at this moment.

"And who are you?" Jun asked, lifting his eyebrow at him because it obviously looks like this guy doesn't know what's going on and that he never recognize him someone to be important in their business around this building. 

"I'm Mingyu, his bestfriend and I honestly don't want to leave him with a person like you. If you want to talk about something, say it now" Mingyu demanded only getting a disbelief expression from the other. As he cross his arms while a smirk slowly formed on his face "Listen" Jun stated as he took a step towards Mingyu for him to get every word clearly in the core of his mind. "I'm not trying to steal your friendship with him" Then he paid his attention to the smaller at Mingyu back as his came back "I want something more than that" He said that infront of Mingyu while he winked at Seungkwan, who is clearly disgusted. 

Mingyu cursed under his breath and is ready to strike a punch across his face but what a coincidence, a person walked in and stood inbetween them. Slightly pushing them away from each other and cleared his throat with a few coughs. "Junhui, wait for me outside" He said then completely facing to Mingyu, taking out his handbook.

"I am Jeon Wonwoo, Junhui's personal assistant and if you have any problems, you can talk to me" He said handing out his calling card then looked at Seungkwan next "If you aren't comfortable with Junhui, you can have meetings with me instead" Wonwoo said, giving out a slight smile at both of them then without any more words, he left. 

Snapping his fingers infront of Mingyu that seems to be out in reality. Then he shook his head with wide eyes as he stared down at Seungkwan that his eyes seems to sparkle in adoration. Quickly opening the door once again and turn sideways that he was looking for something very important, making Seungkwan shove him aside and look outside in curiousity on what this thing that is making Mingyu crazy than usual. "Mingyu, what are you doing?" Seungkwan replies in incredulity with one eyebrow raised as he leaned down to rest his shoulder at the door with crossed arms while waiting for the fond Mingyu infront of him. 

With his smile creaking up on his face and bit down his bottom lip, looking down on his feet with his cheeks starting to turn pink. Only making Seungkwan disgusted on what he's seeing only getting the answer for a few minutes. Slowly his jaw dropped and stood upright. Before saying any shocking things to his bestfriend, he went straight to the people and tell it is dismissed and for everything to be planned tomorrow.

When everyone was out the room, leaving the two behind. Seungkwan shut the door close and quickly facing Mingyu, shouting a loud "YOU LIKE JUNHUI?!" 

Mingyu push Seungkwan as gentle as ever with a sickening look that's making his stomach turn upside down at the other's comment. "Of course not" He said then Seungkwan pushed him hard back again, avenging for nothing and glared up at his tall friend. "You should've told me in the first place and stop being odd. Be straight forward next time!" Seungkwan protested, raising his hands in action while Mingyu is dazzled on the small card. Soon Seungkwan noticed his friend and quickly snatched the calling card off his hand that says 'Jeon Wonwoo'. 

"You're silly" Seungkwan commented and dropped the card off his hands as he roll his eyes at Mingyu "That's just a tiny attraction and it'll go away" He hissed but it is quiet down by a finger on his lip with a series of 'Shh' from Mingyu. A few moments later, they both were still with a still disturbed Seungkwan "Its what we call 'Love in first sight'" Mingyu said, giggling like a fool as he grab the card "Get out" Seungkwan was quite jealous that he wasnt the only one in Mingyu's heart anymore but of course he still bear with this situation that he knew it'll come. 

Not right now. That he'll problem the love life of his bestfriend so he assisted Mingyu out the building, bidding their farewells, another person stood infront of him "Oppa" She said, greeting him with a sweet smile as he gasp "Sofia" He said, startled about Sofia walking up at someone being unknown for a moment. "I heard it's your birthday tomorrow" She said with Seungkwan only nod for a reply. 

"Party?"

"No"

"Why not?" She whined with Seungkwan shrugged with his lower lip sticking out "It's because.. I'm busy" He said but not one of those words meant for Sofia and that she'll do something about anything that includes 'special events'.